ANOTHER apple clickbait title? State of LTT?

corrado33

Is attacking apple your guys' thing now? Apparently it is because in the last 2-3 months there have been at LEAST 16 negative apple videos. 

Unsurprisingly, all of them came after the one "positive" one you were "forced" to do by the community. (The one that's gotten the most dislikes on an LTT video I've ever seen.) Yet non apple products, even ones not released, get overwhelmingly POSITIVE clickbait titles. (Green circles) Even the videos that are SUPPOSED to be apple positive end up being apple negative. I guess the reaction is "OMG people didn't like our "positive" iPhone video and disliked us, that means we just flip 180 and start bashing every product."

I'm almost starting to think you guys are being paid by other manufacturers to advertise against apple. 

Overall LTT has started to take on a much more negative vibe, especially against apple. I suppose it's more easy to criticize than to find good things to talk about.

Is it because apple doesn't sponsor you? The OnePlus 6T video... sponsored by OnePlus was pretty positive about the phone, despite missing and non working features, something apple has been extremely criticized for in their videos.

When I first started watching you guys, I thought you were a pretty unbiased tech media company, and that may have been true back in the old office days. Now it just seems to be about "What video title can we use to piss off the most number of people?" or "What product can we make fun of enough to get people to watch and disagree." 

For example, other phone companies are starting to remove headphone jacks, do you think LTT would make a big deal about it? Nope, just a small quip. But for apple it was a HUGE deal. I just don't get it. I really don't.

Are apple's products perfect? No. Are they as bad as LTT are portraying them? No, not at all. 

Screen-Shot-2018-12-21-at-9-44-29-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2018-12-21-at-9-45-04-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2018-12-21-at-9-46-11-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2018-12-21-at-9-47-44-PM.png

You must be a man of culture... 

They've been doing clickbait for anything for a while now. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

12 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

You must be a man of culture... 

They've been doing clickbait for anything for a while now. 

I know.... but it just seems to be particularly targeted at apple recently. Even bad reviews of other products don't get hit this hard with the titles. 

I think it's because their highest viewed videos are the ones where they publicly rag on apple. 

Or maybe there isn't that much merit to Apple products.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

34 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Crazy thought: how about watching the videos? 

At least two of the videos you circled were largely positive coverage of an apple product. 

I did.... youtube red bars lie. Yes, the ONE video I mentioned that got so many dislikes was circled in red. And that "was" a positive video... laced with negative comments between every positive one. And they weren't even your comments, they were ours. 

It's like you employ the "compliment-crizicize-compliment" technique to make it seem like a "positive" video. I mean, it's quite LITERALLY the script for the "First iOS device with USB-C" Yet no other products seem to get this treatment. 

EDIT: And if they were supposed to be a "positive" video, why is the title negative?

image.png.16fe33b8c26978430bdd6fa3788c90dd.png

Most of the stuff you circled are TechLinked episodes or WAN show episodes. There's been a lot of negative news relating to Apple recently. Bending tablets, poor iPhone sales, law suits with Qualcomm, older phones banned from sale in China, banned from sale in Germany, microphone breaking on iPhone 7 models, being sued over misleading resolutions, sued for deceiving customers about the notch in promotional photos on latest iPhones, etc...

Those techlinked and WAN show videos are just presenting and discussing tech news from other tech news outlets. They're not necessarily LTT's opinion on Apple or their products, rather just stating the headlines from other tech news outlets. It's not LTTs fault that news about iPads bending or iPhone 7/8s being banned from sale in China is trending in the news.

Only 5 of those are LinusTechTips channel videos, being the "Macbook Air 2018 - A PC guys perspective", "Apple killed the Mac Mini", "Replace your laptop with something worse", "10 ways iPhones are just better", and "Even Apple doesn't care about the iPhone Xs". Watch those 5 videos and decide if LTT is biased against Apple, as those are pieces that are written from the opinion of LTT.

You may find that you still think that LTT is biased and just hates Apple [which is fine] or you may find that some of the points raised in those videos are justified.

1 hour ago, corrado33 said:

Is it because apple doesn't sponsor you? The OnePlus 6T video... sponsored by OnePlus was pretty positive about the phone, despite missing and non working features, something apple has been extremely criticized for in their videos.

Sponsored showcases are not reviews, and are not written the same way as a review. Sponsored content is clearly labelled as sponsored content.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

11 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Most of the stuff you circled are TechLinked episodes or WAN show episodes. There's been a lot of negative news relating to Apple recently. Bending tablets, poor iPhone sales, law suits with Qualcomm, older phones banned from sale in China, banned from sale in Germany, microphone breaking on iPhone 7 models, being sued over misleading resolutions, sued for deceiving customers about the notch in promotional photos on latest iPhones, etc...

Those techlinked and WAN show videos are just presenting and discussing tech news from other tech news outlets. They're not necessarily LTT's opinion on Apple or their products, rather just stating the headlines from other tech news outlets. It's not LTTs fault that news about iPads bending or iPhone 7/8s being banned from sale in China is trending in the news.

Only 5 of those are LinusTechTips channel videos, being the "Macbook Air 2018 - A PC guys perspective", "Apple killed the Mac Mini", "Replace your laptop with something worse", "10 ways iPhones are just better", and "Even Apple doesn't care about the iPhone Xs". Watch those 5 videos and decide if LTT is biased against Apple, as those are pieces that are written from the opinion of LTT.

You may find that you still think that LTT is biased and just hates Apple [which is fine] or you may find that some of the points raised in those videos are justified.

Sponsored showcases are not reviews, and are not written the same way as a review. Sponsored content is clearly labelled as sponsored content.

Yet despite those shows talking about much more than just the apple news, it seems that apple always makes the *negative* headline. Hu, funny how that works. 

Macbook Air 2018: Criticized all the way through.

Apple Killed the Mac Mini: Completely fucking untrue. Hard to disassemble... man those 5 screws must have been difficult to take out....

Replace your laptiop with something worse: Sure, judge the ipad based on the marketing, not its performance. Na, we wouldn't do that. We're a marketing company and we judge marketing, not performance.

10 Ways iPhones are better: Forced video by the community. Even stated IN the video. And wasn't LTT's ideas, it was ideas from the forums.

Even apple doesn't care about the iPhone Xs: Negative in general. 

It's pretty clear which way LTT leans concerning apple vs. anything else. If there were a scale, they'd be 100% on the "anything else" side. It seems they only do apple products to dissuade people from buying them and because those videos get views from their mac hating audience. 

Welcome to the internet of 2018, you can always find articles full of opinions you don't like.  Sometimes they are media and sometimes they are research professors.  

The best thing to do is either ignore them or alternatively you can waste your life trying to change it.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

27 minutes ago, Spotty said:

And yeah, this type of shit does NOT a good tech company make. People like GN are like "I'm going to review the fuck out of this regardless if it's good or not."

"Let's have a completely different set of standards when someone is paying us vs. when they aren't paying us. (And then obviously a different set of standards for apple products.)" Bullshit for a company that's supposed to be giving reviews to persuade/dissuade people from buying products. 

Techlink sucks, hardly watch any of their videos now. More baloney than a foot long ham and cheese

17 hours ago, corrado33 said:

Macbook Air 2018: Criticized all the way through.

And? the Macbook Air 2018 is a terrible value compared to Apple's Macbook pro.

Apple Killed the Mac Mini: Completely fucking untrue. Hard to disassemble... man those 5 screws must have been difficult to take out....

An Intel NUC, that has a comparable high end laptop CPU with a better iGPU,and costs less even after buying RAM, M.2 SSD, and OS.

And before you say "you can't expect people to build their own PC" then those special screws must not be a big deal either when you really have to disassemble the whole mac mini to upgrade the ram.

Replace your laptiop with something worse: Sure, judge the ipad based on the marketing, not its performance. Na, we wouldn't do that. We're a marketing company and we judge marketing, not performance.

The ipad is worse for many people, especially for the price compared to other tablets or 2 in 1 laptops,and the performance isn't everything when iOS holds it back.

It would actually replace a laptop if you could do stuff such as connect USB-C devices, have a Finder, display targeting, or a headphone jack.

10 Ways iPhones are better: Forced video by the community. Even stated IN the video. And wasn't LTT's ideas, it was ideas from the forums.

It was forced because some people were so upset on the forums at Linus making a video on the downsides of an iPhone.

Even apple doesn't care about the iPhone Xs: Negative in general. 

If you don't want to hear what Linus thinks of it then don't watch the video, most of the youtube videos on the iPhone XS are nothing but positive.

It's pretty clear which way LTT leans concerning apple vs. anything else. If there were a scale, they'd be 100% on the "anything else" side. It seems they only do apple products to dissuade people from buying them and because those videos get views from their mac hating audience. 

Like how in about every Apple video Linus does mention the good things about the product he's reviewing. I think that Linus seems to prefer the iphone, but how dare anyone give unbiased reviews on Apple products.

As mentioned, maybe if Apple would stop doing stupid s*it there wouldn't be so much negative news on them.

Edited by Blademaster91
Edit- corrected,I meant the macbook pro not macbook

LTT are a tech channel that mostly dabbles in Apple coverage because YT is forcing them to - Linus said as much. 

And the sober reality for you might be that Apple's products are not THAT attractive to PC enthusiasts who have wet dreams about dual socket systems, virtual machines, high performance routers and Quadro GPU's.

I guess if you want a shrine to Apple then maybe MKBHD or iJustine are better fits.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

3 hours ago, corrado33 said:

especially against apple. I suppose it's more easy to criticize than to find good things to talk about.

Because it is when comes to apple product.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

29 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

And? the Macbook Air 2018 is a terrible value compared to Apple's Macbook.

An Intel NUC, that has a comparable high end laptop CPU with a better iGPU,and costs less even after buying RAM, M.2 SSD, and OS.

And before you say "you can't expect people to build their own PC" then those special screws must not be a big deal either when you really have to disassemble the whole mac mini to upgrade the ram.

The ipad is worse for many people, especially for the price compared to other tablets or 2 in 1 laptops,and the performance isn't everything when iOS holds it back.

It would actually replace a laptop if you could do stuff such as connect USB-C devices, have a Finder, display targeting, or a headphone jack.

It was forced because some people were so upset on the forums at Linus making a video on the downsides of an iPhone.

If you don't want to hear what Linus thinks of it then don't watch the video, most of the youtube videos on the iPhone XS are nothing but positive.

Like how in about every Apple video Linus does mention the good things about the product he's reviewing. I think that Linus seems to prefer the iphone, but how dare anyone give unbiased reviews on Apple products.

As mentioned, maybe if Apple would stop doing stupid s*it there wouldn't be so much negative news on them.

Almost every "thin and light" computer is a terrible value compared to their "thicker and heavier" counterparts. You pay for portability. 

You're comparing a computer you have to put together yourself with a prebuilt.... surprise surprise, it's cheaper! Do the math, the difference really isn't as much as you think it is when you work it out.

This is a proper ipad vs. competitor review.

https://www.pcmag.com/feature/264947/apple-ipad-alternatives-the-competition-finally-heats-up/3

WIndows surface tablets run windows 8.1 (yay everyone wants that) and not all of the tablets are compatible with all apps, not to mention the lack of apps made for windows tablets. Tell me this, what on earth are you going to be doing on a windows tablet that requires a fully fledged OS but does not require the processing power of a computer? Not to mention the android competition tables are always just a bit.... buggy (and let's not get into updates.) 

My issue with that video is that they took one line from marketing "Replace your PC" and based an entire negative video around that. Yes, if you NEED a desktop environment then go buy a windows tablet, but what do you REALLY need a desktop environment for on a tablet? Also, apple is a hardware company, they do NOT want to mix product lines. Put macos on an iPad and it becomes a keyboardless version of the macbook air. That's bad for business.

Sure, linus will mention SOME... barely ANY of the good things, then flood them with "bad things." It's like judging a fish for it's ability to climb a tree. THE IPAD IS A BAD DESKTOP REPLACEMENT SO THEREFORE IT MUST BE TERRIBLE IN GENERAL. When simply said, it's not true. The ipad ranks #1 for an actual tablet in drawing/artistry behind the actual drawing tablets that plug into a computer. Was that mentioned? Na. Maybe for a second? Na let's focus on the bad.

Everybody's doing stupid shit.

I personally think microsoft deleting files and possibly moving to a subscription based OS is a bigger deal than the ipad not being a good desktop replacement. And talk about price gouging, geeze... RTX anyone? But no, we accept that because for some reason people want to buy GPUs that cost as much as cars and are way overpowered for every modern game. 

45 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

A 5 year old slideshow of top 10 things to buy instead of the Apple iPad with Amazon affiliate links to all the products advertised listed? That's about as much of a tech review as "Top 10 celebrities from the 90s and where they are now, you won't believe what #7 is doing" is investigative journalism.

45 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

My issue with that video is that they took one line from marketing "Replace your PC" and based an entire negative video around that. Yes, if you NEED a desktop environment then go buy a windows tablet, but what do you REALLY need a desktop environment for on a tablet?
Sure, linus will mention SOME... barely ANY of the good things, then flood them with "bad things." It's like judging a fish for it's ability to climb a tree. THE IPAD IS A BAD DESKTOP REPLACEMENT SO THEREFORE IT MUST BE TERRIBLE IN GENERAL. When simply said, it's not true. 

Apple are marketing it to professional users as a professional device that was; "More powerful than most computers", "It's a computer that let's you do everything with touch", "Does what a computer does, but in more intuitive ways", "It works like a computer does in ways a computer can't", and so on.

It's way more than just "one line" of Apple's marketing, it's the entire basis of the product according to Apple. https://www.apple.com/ipad-pro/why-ipad/

Apple is marketing it as a professional device that is more powerful than a desktop and allows you to do more than a desktop can. Given the way they're marketing it, it's entirely fair for LTT to have reviewed it the way they did.

Edited by Spotty
Didn't realise that "article" was more than 5 years old :D

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, corrado33 said:

Almost every "thin and light" computer is a terrible value compared to their "thicker and heavier" counterparts. You pay for portability. 

You're comparing a computer you have to put together yourself with a prebuilt.... surprise surprise, it's cheaper! Do the math, the difference really isn't as much as you think it is when you work it out.

This is a proper ipad vs. competitor review.

https://www.pcmag.com/feature/264947/apple-ipad-alternatives-the-competition-finally-heats-up/3

WIndows surface tablets run windows 8.1 (yay everyone wants that) and not all of the tablets are compatible with all apps, not to mention the lack of apps made for windows tablets. Tell me this, what on earth are you going to be doing on a windows tablet that requires a fully fledged OS but does not require the processing power of a computer? Not to mention the android competition tables are always just a bit.... buggy (and let's not get into updates.) 

My issue with that video is that they took one line from marketing "Replace your PC" and based an entire negative video around that. Yes, if you NEED a desktop environment then go buy a windows tablet, but what do you REALLY need a desktop environment for on a tablet? Also, apple is a hardware company, they do NOT want to mix product lines. Put macos on an iPad and it becomes a keyboardless version of the macbook air. That's bad for business.

Sure, linus will mention SOME... barely ANY of the good things, then flood them with "bad things." It's like judging a fish for it's ability to climb a tree. THE IPAD IS A BAD DESKTOP REPLACEMENT SO THEREFORE IT MUST BE TERRIBLE IN GENERAL. When simply said, it's not true. The ipad ranks #1 for an actual tablet in drawing/artistry behind the actual drawing tablets that plug into a computer. Was that mentioned? Na. Maybe for a second? Na let's focus on the bad.

Everybody's doing stupid shit.

I personally think microsoft deleting files and possibly moving to a subscription based OS is a bigger deal than the ipad not being a good desktop replacement. And talk about price gouging, geeze... RTX anyone? But no, we accept that because for some reason people want to buy GPUs that cost as much as cars and are way overpowered for every modern game. 

Both laptops are "thin and light" laptops.

You're ignoring all of what I said, if you can remove special screws and disassemble the whole mac mini, then building your own NUC is easy as well.

When you're buying the cheapest mac mini you're going to need to upgrade the RAM. And when you really compare it to a NUC the savings is pretty significant. SnazzyLabs compared a NUC to the mac mini and really liked the NUC in many aspects over the mac mini, the NUC didn't throttle, and it was even smaller than the mac mini.

It doesn't make any sense why you are bringing up an old article on Windows 8.1 tablets.

Because Apple marketed the iPad pro as a "PC replacement" to professional users.  Why buy a tablet that limits you to iOS apps when your phone can already do all that? Having at least desktop OS features to use is useful for many people, and the Surface tablets kill the iPad when you need actual productivity with the full app compatibility,and the ability to use an external display or connect a USB device.  The iPad would sell even better if it had some macOS features integrated, but yeah that would hurt their macbook sales. But as a consumer that wants more features for the money I could care less about their business.

I agree that the deleting of files was bad, but Microsoft fixed it, and the moving to a subscription based OS isn't anything but a rumor that has come up quite a few times.

Although arguing about RTX GPU's being overpriced yet you're arguing for a tablet, laptop, or phone that can cost as much as a car? It seems like complaining because LTT isn't just giving Apple good reviews in every video.

6 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

It doesn't make any sense why you are bringing up an old article on Windows 8.1 tablets. 

Wow, I completely missed that it was a 5 year old slideshow 'article'. I even looked at it and thought "Wow, they're still doing these clickbaity slideshow articles? I thought they stopped doing this trash years ago".

Hilarious.

Sorry dude. 

An iPad Pro, no matter how powerful, is not going to replace my laptop, and it's mostly down to the limitations of a mobile-oriented OS.

And this is coming from an iPad Pro owner. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

2 hours ago, Spotty said:

Wow, I completely missed that it was a 5 year old slideshow 'article'. I even looked at it and thought "Wow, they're still doing these clickbaity slideshow articles? I thought they stopped doing this trash years ago".

Hilarious.

Yeah I didn't notice it at first either LOL.

I don't know how some old slideshow compares an iPad to a Surface or 2in1 laptop with Windows 10, maybe corrado33 is implying an iPad is better since iOS gets so many updates, but both iOS or Android don't replace a Windows or macOS laptop.

7 hours ago, corrado33 said:

1. Is attacking apple your guys' thing now? Apparently it is because in the last 2-3 months there have been at LEAST 16 negative apple videos. 

2. Unsurprisingly, all of them came after the one "positive" one you were "forced" to do by the community.

3. I'm almost starting to think you guys are being paid by other manufacturers to advertise against apple. 

4. I suppose it's more easy to criticize than to find good things to talk about.

5. Is it because apple doesn't sponsor you? The OnePlus 6T video... sponsored by OnePlus was pretty positive about the phone, despite missing and non working features, something apple has been extremely criticized for in their videos.

6. When I first started watching you guys, I thought you were a pretty unbiased tech media company.

7. For example, other phone companies are starting to remove headphone jacks, do you think LTT would make a big deal about it? Nope, just a small quip. But for apple it was a HUGE deal. I just don't get it. I really don't.

8. Are apple's products perfect? No. Are they as bad as LTT are portraying them? No, not at all. 

1. Some of the videos you circled were positive and several were just wan shows. And the rest were pieces about apple devices, which would be more positive if there was a reason for them to be positive. Could you come up with a way to talk positively about Apple shipping pre-bent ipads? Or how about being positive towards apple with regards to major battery flaws in the launch of new phones, or apple killing performance on older phones intentionally without telling the consumer. I would love to hear your powitive view of those. IF there is a problem, it will be covered negatively, as it is a problem. That's just simple cause and effect. You don't hear positive news stories of natural disasters or mass shootings do you? is the news biased against hurricanes?

2. Forced? Do you honestly believe he HAD to make that? He saw feedback that he was being too negative, so he CHOSE to make a video outlining good things about apple. If that's not a testament to not being biased, I'm not sure what is. He didn't have to make that video, he could have continued on without a word about it.

3. Now who's making clickbait?

4. That's usually the case with any product. Criticizing is always easier than praise. Plus since they are reviewing the tech, being "critical" is a necessary part of the job.

5. And in that video he was disappointed about those missing features and said as much, but there was enough positive about the phone to over come that and make the overall video a positive one. Apple doesn't always have enough good to overcome the bad.

6. I think you confuse bias with opinion. Bias doesn't mean you can't be mad at the iPhone for killing the headphone jack, it means you don't just hate apple without reason even when they do good and don't love samsung without reason and ignore any flaws. And LTT has always made sure to point out any flaws they find in any product. They can have an opinion without being biased. Their opinion brings perspective and I have generally agreed with their opinions and evaluations. If it were no opinion, what would they do besides read the spec list and be done?

7. Interesting because in the one plus 6t video you just mentioned, they have a whole part about the headphone jack being gone and including the dongles. Also they've mentioned it several times that they're upset that pixel and other phones are giving in and removing the jack. As for Apple being a huge deal, it is a huge deal. They started it. Anyone following that path is following behind apple. Other companies copy apple because of apple doing so well. 

8. That's a matter of opinion, and in my opinion they are as bad as ltt portrays them. when they report on the issues with apple, I'm not going to just stick behind apple and protect them, I want them to make better products and give a better value to their customer. Linus has said similar before after apple product reviews.

This thread against LTT is far more biased than LTT's stance on Apple by a long shot. And it's also titled to be just as clickbaity as you claim LTT to be

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

14 hours ago, corrado33 said:

paid

Yes, you are right in that Linus will do anything to get money coming in.

Only so many video's he can do.

Only so many benchmarks he can show.

Only so many silly facial expressions to sell clicks.

High overhead, no pun intended because Linus is short.

Bills have to be paid, mortgage and condo fee's have to be paid if not then rent, salaries have to be paid, health insurance coverage, property insurance, workers compensation, utilities, taxes paid, maintenance, buying equipment and software, server stuff, alarm company, CFA, GST paid, business tax, personal tax for himself, ancillary goods purchased (paper, pens, ink, pc's, monitors, binders, folders, staples, tape), gang payoffs to keep the riffraff away from LTT HQ!

What seems to be happening for some channels is they are taking old video's and rewrapping them into new videos.

13 hours ago, corrado33 said:

Yet despite those shows talking about much more than just the apple news, it seems that apple always makes the *negative* headline. Hu, funny how that works.

I couldn't recall any positive news concerning Apple from the last few months.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II