AMD Ryzen 5 and 3 Tested!

Just now, Kloaked said:

Still missing another crucial bit, which is frame latency :)

But that would require another employee to test and gather data.

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

At least they actually put minimum FPS in this video. Baby steps.

Did you see that they actually tested the games at 1080P as well?

WHAT A BREAKTHROUGH!!!!!

43 minutes ago, LucidMew said:

Which cores on which CCX's did you disable on Ryzen? Because Inter-CCX communication isn't as good as Intercore communication on Intel. Ryzen 5 is supposedly going to be a 3-3 system, and I don't know about Ryzen 3. 

R3 is apparently 2-2. Makes sense for future optimisations, having all the CPUs use the same... design.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

6 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

RIP Google Analytics.

temp.png

That gap just keeps growing xD

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

That gap just keeps growing xD

I WONDER WHY

5 minutes ago, ATFink said:

That just makes it more clickbaity!

Whatever.  You know what would be even better?  Linus as Faith from Mirror's Edge. :D

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

I WONDER WHY

Likes/dislikes don't matter anymore, it's all about dem views as they've said numerous times...

Well, if they want to gain more viewers by ruining their reputation... then so be it.

Yes, I got baited. No, I didn't watch it, thanks to the sheer number of dislikes.

I don't second guess Linus with his videos, but from now on I will do.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Just now, imreloadin said:

Likes/dislikes don't matter anymore, it's all about dem views as they've said numerous times...

'mo views 'mo money

Then you can hire more employees to keep up with your video schedule to make up new content before your tap runs dry.

1:10 this is the fastest I clicked away from one of your main channel videos. I normally don't mind the clickbaity titles but this simulations are completely fucking worthless, just like this video. Case and point: your like and dislike ratio already.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Wow that like/dislike ratio is brutal.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

'mo views 'mo money

Then you can hire more employees to keep up with your video schedule to make up new content before your tap runs dry.

At this point they might as well just become a daily vlog channel like everyone else seems to be doing xD

Just now, imreloadin said:

At this point they might as well just become a daily vlog channel like everyone else seems to be doing xD

"Look at how I broke another test bench!"

I was just finally starting to accept the thumbnails, and then you guys devolve into this clickbait this badly, this quickly. Never thought I'd see it happen with LTT

13 minutes ago, SSL said:

You've missed the point entirely. People are excited to see actual benchmarks. I'd guess that seeing a weaksauce "joke" like this is kind of off-putting, especially from a "trusted" tech channel.

Joke? What about obvious not literal meaning?

12 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

You really are dense aren't you?

Saying "just a second" is a well known figure of speech meaning "hold on". This is a completely different situation so I don't know why you keep beating that drum.

No, it's not unless anyone is stupid enough to take it literal. Same with the figure of speech.

12 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

PLEASE STOP DEFENDING CLICKBAIT TITLES, the title "AMD RYZEN 5 AND 3 TESTED!" is NOT what we got so it is a LIE, plain and simple. This is worse then the movie Executive Decision advertising as having Steven Seagal in the movie only to kill him off 5 minutes into it.

I can give you the Segal reference is funny, I laughed at that scene :P

Having said that, are you actually telling me that you innocently believed they got the CPUs before no one esle, with no NDA like there was for the Ryzen 7, and made a video about it? Or are you just playing the role of the guy who didn't find the joke offensive but pretends to be offended to have something to say?

They finally tested (to some extent) what people wanted them to test. Some people are discussing the results, what can and can't be inferred, etc. Others rushed in to shout "clickbait!", most likely not because they actually believed they had the real CPUs for a second, but because it was the low-hanging fruit comment to make. Deal with it.

(*) LTT forum-friendly disclaimer: When I say "low-hanging fruit", I don't mean there was an actual fruit hanging from a tree or any other high place being literally taken by those writing comments.

How does no one get the obvious back to the future joke?

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

3 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

What's up you beautiful bastards! Hope you're having a fantastic monday, welcome!

Spoiler

Just kidding I actually love Phillip DeFranco.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Joke? What about obvious not literal meaning?

No, it's not unless anyone is stupid enough to take it literal. Same with the figure of speech.

I can give you the Segal reference is funny, I laughed at that scene :P

Having said that, are you actually telling me that you innocently believed they got the CPUs before no one esle, with no NDA like there was for the Ryzen 7, and made a video about it? Or are you just playing the role of the guy who didn't find the joke offensive but pretends to be offended to have something to say?

They finally tested (to some extent) what people wanted them to test. Some people are discussing the results, what can and can't be inferred, etc. Others rushed in to shout "clickbait!", most likely not because they actually believed they had the real CPUs for a second, but because it was the low-hanging fruit comment to make. Deal with it.

(*) LTT forum-friendly disclaimer: When I say "low-hanging fruit", I don't mean there was an actual fruit hanging from a tree or any other high place being literally taken by those writing comments.

well being Ryzen 5 is just around the corner (like 3 weeks till launch) is it that inconceivable that maybe the 5's NDA was being lifted due to the information ALREADY RELEASED about it LAST WEEK? could also explain why the video was 3 hours late. Point is we shouldn't have to believe or NOT BELIEVE TITLES OF THE FREAKING VIDEOS WILL BE WHATS IN THE FREAKING VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Look, you have to remember that this video will still be around when Ryzen 3 and 5 release. Someone that is new to building computers might see this and buy based on poor meaningless advice. Afterall, I know I've recommended LTT videos to computer hardware noobs because they sometimes are pretty decent at giving a general idea of things. The title is completely misleading especially if you fast forward 6 months from today.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz

GPU: XFX GTS RX580 4GB

Cooling: Corsair h100i

Mobo: Asus z97-A 

RAM: 4x8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair HX850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered glass edition

Display: LG 29UM68-P

Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB

Mouse: Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum

Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX

2 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Let us know when Linus is done with your throat so you can speak freely ;)

win.gif

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

What's up you beautiful bastards! Hope you're having a fantastic monday, welcome!

Reveal hidden contents

Just kidding I actually love Phillip DeFranco.

I really wish Philly didn't have that intro every single video jesus Christ.

also back on topic doe, I stumbled on this website while trying to look for another video that LTT did that was doing terrible with the votes: http://sortbydislikes.com/search.php?channel=linustechtips

This actually exists hahaaaaahaha

6 minutes ago, sazrocks said:

How does no one get the obvious back to the future joke?

I think they are too busy knee jerking.

I dont like the title, and I think you will find it gets changed to "simulated" rather than "tested" or something to that effect.

This test worked great to compare intel chips so I was wondering when they'd do this, and its not a bad video either.

also what @Arcanekitten said

20 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

At least they actually put minimum FPS in this video. Baby steps.

That's something, as well as 1080p testing as it seems. I've no intention of watching it, picking info from here. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.