[DEBUNKED] Windows 10 updates can disable pirated games and unauthorized hardware

WolfDeville
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,

The new EULA says this yes but it does not apply to Windows 10 itself, only first party apps from Microsoft.

The EULA you can read here.

Section 7.b is what you're looking for.

If you scroll down to the "Covered Services" list you can clearly see that Windows 10 is not listed only a lot of first party Microsoft apps.

I think îs more about Xbox One here aka protect their workhorse. They will still consider pirated games malwares in a traditional PC but that's the good old issue with those things.

Don't be paranoid, it's not like they would delete your game save file after 100+ hours of playing. Imagine the riot, LOL

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

This does not apply to windows 10, seriously does no one read the articles anymore?

Here is a list of services those conditions apply to:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/servicesagreement/?s=ecym#serviceslist

IF you look closely you will see it applies to xbox and windows games and xbocx live,  it is basic DRM, nothing new.

If this ranks true, then i guess i can upgrade without worrying about this bs

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It's a slippery slope. Microsoft can disable anything it likes according to this. Pirate or Otherwise. Some of you need to get off your high horses and use your brains. 

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

Bullshit for obtaining intellectual properly intended to be paid for? What kind of delusional world are you living in?

Just another entitled person who thinks everything should be free.

Of course it doesn't help that the title is wrong and these conditions are not part of windows 10.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Bullshit for obtaining intellectual properly intended to be paid for? What kind of delusional world are you living in?

What about unauthorized hardware, this isn't only for the pirated stuff, this is just the start of something big

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

What about unauthorized hardware, this isn't only for the pirated stuff, this is just the start of something big

No opinion on that, but the pirated software is hilarious.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

alright, not that much of a fan of dx12 anyways

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Unauthorised hardware will be physical modification to the xbox to allow it to run pirated games.

Nothing to do with plugging a controller into windows.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Microsoft: OMG PIRATED SOFTWARE, CRASH HIS PC

Me: *looks at black screen for 20 seconds*

Microsoft: Ok were bored now you can have your PC back.

Me:

EfTgJtF.png

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

This does not apply to windows 10, seriously does no one read the articles anymore?

IF you look closely you will see it applies to xbox and windows games and xbocx live,  it is basic DRM, nothing new.

It's XBox specific, not Windows 10 (Aside from pirated Windows games, but that's a no brainer anyway)

@TehStranger? Can you please update the OP and change the title? Read Moose's post. This has nothing to do with Windows 10.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You don't do anything illegal? Alright so we can put cameras all over your house and track your every movement right? You shouldn't mind, it's not like you break the law anyway!

Yes why would i need to do anything illegal?

I have quite high morals.If you want something buy it

I admit i pirate games mainly to try them out before i buy, if i cant try it i just wont buy it that simple. But un authorized hardware? really? if i want to plug something in that i paid for in to my computer that i paid for i will.

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

Was just about to post this :)

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Unauthorised hardware will be physical modification to the xbox to allow it to run pirated games.

Nothing to do with plugging a controller into windows.

Just stop. Hardly anybody here is willing to look at this from an unbiased perspective. 

All I read is a big legal C.Y.A. for Microsoft in case a mandatory windows update breaks something. The part about unauthorized hardware or pirated software adds an additional barrier of protection for them. It requires someone to first prove that software is legit or that hardware is officially supported if they complain windows update broke something, so that Microsoft isn't constantly getting trolled by idiots complaining for the lols.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

So Vulkan will work on Win 8.1 and 7 right? So we don't technically need Windows 10 (and by extension DX12)

OpenGL might finally be the master race.

I haven't pirated a game in years now, but this is still dolus non grata.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

If its not worth buying then its not worth pirating.

But how would you know it's worth buying if you've never played it?

...and all the pirates will be revealed, lol. Serves 'em right.

No. Fuck this mentality. Remember Hotline Miami 2? Many Aussies couldn't legally get that game, so the developer just threw up their hands and said "whatever, just pirate it. We want you to enjoy it"

Piracy isn't a black and white thing, it has it's advantages and benefits for the gaming industry. One of them being that it keeps prices down and distribution platforms competetive.

This.If you cant afford a game you shouldnt just pirate it.its like going into a shop with no money and stealing a can of coke.

Nooope. It's more along the lines of going into a shop, making a complete copy of the can of coke and walking out. Have you stolen anything? No. Have you cost anyone money? No. If you like it, you might say "gee, you know, I liked that coke. I might go buy one to help coke make more coke"

Implying anyone likes coke

This isn't their battle. Who ever said Microsoft has the right to fight game developer's/publisher's battles? Maybe on Xbox, but not on the PC.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

Of course everyone is jumping to conclusions without knowing what "unauthorized hardware" is or even trying to find out. Lol.

Guess what? It doesn't matter what it is. If Microsoft chooses to say it's "Unauthorized hardware" You're agreeing to them bricking it on your system if you decide to use the services that this policy covers. 

Oh, and from what I read, you can't sue them for it later either.

No. Fuck this mentality. Remember Hotline Miami 2? Many Aussies couldn't legally get that game, so the developer just threw up their hands and said "whatever, just pirate it. We want you to enjoy it"

Interesting for a developer to come to a conclusion like this, but it's understandable since it appears the classification board didn't want it released there. It's only a video game though so to be honest the board is just overreacting

The statement concluded with Dennaton confirming that they will not challenge the ruling.[28] Developer Dennaton Games have since suggested that people in Australia interested in the game should pirate it if they are unable to purchase a retail copy

Src https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotline_Miami_2:_Wrong_Number#Rape_depiction_controversy

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Guess what? It doesn't matter what it is. If Microsoft chooses to say it's "Unauthorized hardware" You're agreeing to them bricking it on your system if you decide to use the services that this policy covers. 

Oh, and from what I read, you can't sue them for it later either.

Cue the flood of unsigned chinese drivers to allow us to keep using our 'unauthorised' hardware ^_^

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

Piracy isn't a black and white thing, it has it's advantages and benefits for the gaming industry. One of them being that it keeps prices down and distribution platforms competetive.

The tenacity of my sentiment is strong, so best of luck modifying my stance. Unless explicit consent, one should not be using product(s) that otherwise should be paid for.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ