Show off your latest purchases

I don't think the guy knew the actual price point of these.  From what I've seen working versions of these go for 150-500 each on ebay and amazon.  Non-workings go from like 5-90 each.  He was selling pairs of working ones for like 10 bucks.

If you don't do some kind of build log with it, I will be very sad.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Logitech K380.

mRSAcJO.jpg

I ordered this keyboard Saturday night. Got here today. Fast shipping. Then again, it shipped out of Stoughton, which isn't far away.

Also, if you can't read what I typed into Word, it says "Finally, a decent solution for typing on my tablet!" Since it was used, the touchscreen isn't exactly the most responsive thing ever... but hey, $80. Can't really go wrong with a tablet running full Windows 10 (formerly 8.1) for $80.

Aww shit, have I been scammed?

That's not a macbook man. It would have said so just below the screen.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

That's a cheap netbook with Elementary OS.

Hako: Gigabyte z490i, i5-10400F@4.3GHz, 16GB LPX 3200MHz, Intel 7600p 1TB,  AMD RX6800

Stuff: Ducky One 2 MiNi, Xtrfy M4 Retro, Asus VG259Q

Phone: Google Pixel 3XL NoT P!nk

The Prodigy 'The Day is my Enemy' album on Amazon, because I absolutely love it. ;)

The_Day_Is_My_Enemy_album_cover.jpg

But... Why? It's not like I'm gay so I don't have to worry about that Kim Davis bitch, and literally everything there is better than shitty old Michigan. Like the fact that I can afford car insurance down there when I have to start paying it.

Why?

Spoiler

Well...it depends on where you plan on living, really. Most of the "big" places like Richmond, Lexington, and Louisville (< really pretty though) are truly terrible places to live or even visit. Especially Lexington...ugh. Google "reasons not to move to Kentucky" and see the hundreds of threads, websites and forums discussing people's horrible experiences with the state, even native Kentuckians. But let me start with some basics that ruins the state and is everywhere you turn:

• Rampant animal abuse. You literally see people burning animals alive, beating them, fighting them against others, throwing them off bridges. And no one cares or does anything about it. People go around feeding  your pets anti-freeze and poison and you can have the whole thing recorded, but nothing will ever be done because people just don't care. They also are trying their hardest to kill off the coyote population.
  • Drug crime. The violent kind. Every day in Lexington a truly horrible and disgusting crime is committed by drugged up morons. If that's not bad enough, the extreme levels of poverty forces people into selling cocaine, heroin etc which makes more drugged up morons on the street that puts you in the cross fire. If you go to Lexington, be prepared for anything. This isn't the run-of-the-mill drug problems states have...in Kentucky it is a serious problem. Many in the eastern side of Kentucky are like the Ozarks when it comes to hillbillies with nothing to do, no jobs to perform, no education to fit what is available and stuck with what they've got—drugs. Its no Missouri valley of meth, yet, but still really bad. You can find heroin needles anywhere...anywhere and in piles.
  • Wildcat fans. They. Are. Crazy. And everywhere. Wearing a hat/shirt/clothing promoting an out of state sports team? Good luck not being beat the hell down or generally disturbed for it. lol
  • Education is basically non-existent. Children graduate not knowing how to read or barely pass the ability to do so. Teachers are generally worthless too.
  • Medical care. I can't stress how terrible medical care is in Kentucky. Google it. You'll see. The state is listed constantly as one of the least livable states with the poorest population and most terrible healthcare.
  • Kentuckian Politicians, laws and the like.
  • ISPs/internet
  • Economic instability.
  • Weather.

But again, that's just some of it. And there are good reasons to live in Kentucky:

• The people. They are kind to a fault (as long as you don't insult the Wildcats or something). They will help you no matter what you think or believe, or look like. Especially women. They really love their guns (the state of hunters), country music, veterans and their American rights. Despite common belief, Kentuckians are not racists nor hard core Christan to the point that they act like the Westboro Baptist Church.
  • Some truly beautiful places are worth seeing. It includes The Mammoth Caves, Cumberland Falls, Lake Cumberland, and Laurel Lake. Which, by the way, words can't describe how beautiful those lakes are. The pictures show you a small scale of its beauty.
  • Gun freedoms
  • Deer and turkey population  (I view it as a plus )
  • Music.

And if you like Obama or his healthcare bill...well, Kentucky and Kentuckians don't. They are currently working to dismantle health care exchange (kynect is a waste anyway though but most can't pay the 1 percent tax, how are they going to pay the 3.5 percent tax? Poor people are always screwed, moreso in KY). And if Kim Davis' religious views or her rights to not perform something that she disagrees with religiously is unappealing to you, definitely don't come over. Kentuckians are mostly a religious people and while they don't care what you think, they care about what they think with a great passion and will not tolerate people trying to take that way from them. Like what people tried to do to Kim Davis.

Overall, I've never been to Michigan so I can't compare, but it is hard for me to imagine a worse state to live in than Kentucky...and I've been to four. Go to Alabama, Tennessee or any other that isn't Kentucky if you can. lol

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

You are joking, right...right?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

picked up a pair of lenovo thinkpad x220s off ebay for 300 each and 3x USB 3.0 express cards for them for my siblings next year. School is demanding that all students have a laptop and getting them 2 identical ones just makes things easier on my end.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

An adapter to use old M42 mount lenses on EF/EF-S mount cameras. Has an AF-confirm chip.

post-23506-0-69478000-1452609500.jpg

Too bad this particular adapter is either not for M42 mount lenses, or the lens I have refuses to get screwed in due to it either not being an actual M42 mount lens or being too worn on the mount. Judging by the smoother thread on the adapter, I'd guess I got fooled or I screwed up myself for picking a wrong adapter (the mounting thread looks identical, the adapter is a little too small to fit).

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

So what did you do about it?

viodfp.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

viodfp.jpg

very nice ssd

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Aprox $1300 in text books

Guess what I'm going for!

post-227356-0-32391100-1452630695_thumb.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

lol ok nice troll but it's run its course now :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

The Prodigy 'The Day is my Enemy' album on Amazon, because I absolutely love it. ;)

The_Day_Is_My_Enemy_album_cover.jpg

Why?

Spoiler

Well...it depends on where you plan on living, really. Most of the "big" places like Richmond, Lexington, and Louisville (< really pretty though) are truly terrible places to live or even visit. Especially Lexington...ugh. Google "reasons not to move to Kentucky" and see the hundreds of threads, websites and forums discussing people's horrible experiences with the state, even native Kentuckians. But let me start with some basics that ruins the state and is everywhere you turn:

• Rampant animal abuse. You literally see people burning animals alive, beating them, fighting them against others, throwing them off bridges. And no one cares or does anything about it. People go around feeding  your pets anti-freeze and poison and you can have the whole thing recorded, but nothing will ever be done because people just don't care. They also are trying their hardest to kill off the coyote population.
  • Drug crime. The violent kind. Every day in Lexington a truly horrible and disgusting crime is committed by drugged up morons. If that's not bad enough, the extreme levels of poverty forces people into selling cocaine, heroin etc which makes more drugged up morons on the street that puts you in the cross fire. If you go to Lexington, be prepared for anything. This isn't the run-of-the-mill drug problems states have...in Kentucky it is a serious problem. Many in the eastern side of Kentucky are like the Ozarks when it comes to hillbillies with nothing to do, no jobs to perform, no education to fit what is available and stuck with what they've got—drugs. Its no Missouri valley of meth, yet, but still really bad. You can find heroin needles anywhere...anywhere and in piles.
  • Wildcat fans. They. Are. Crazy. And everywhere. Wearing a hat/shirt/clothing promoting an out of state sports team? Good luck not being beat the hell down or generally disturbed for it. lol
  • Education is basically non-existent. Children graduate not knowing how to read or barely pass the ability to do so. Teachers are generally worthless too.
  • Medical care. I can't stress how terrible medical care is in Kentucky. Google it. You'll see. The state is listed constantly as one of the least livable states with the poorest population and most terrible healthcare.
  • Kentuckian Politicians, laws and the like.
  • ISPs/internet
  • Economic instability.
  • Weather.

But again, that's just some of it. And there are good reasons to live in Kentucky:

• The people. They are kind to a fault (as long as you don't insult the Wildcats or something). They will help you no matter what you think or believe, or look like. Especially women. They really love their guns (the state of hunters), country music, veterans and their American rights. Despite common belief, Kentuckians are not racists nor hard core Christan to the point that they act like the Westboro Baptist Church.
  • Some truly beautiful places are worth seeing. It includes The Mammoth Caves, Cumberland Falls, Lake Cumberland, and Laurel Lake. Which, by the way, words can't describe how beautiful those lakes are. The pictures show you a small scale of its beauty.
  • Gun freedoms
  • Deer and turkey population  (I view it as a plus )
  • Music.

And if you like Obama or his healthcare bill...well, Kentucky and Kentuckians don't. They are currently working to dismantle health care exchange (kynect is a waste anyway though but most can't pay the 1 percent tax, how are they going to pay the 3.5 percent tax? Poor people are always screwed, moreso in KY). And if Kim Davis' religious views or her rights to not perform something that she disagrees with religiously is unappealing to you, definitely don't come over. Kentuckians are mostly a religious people and while they don't care what you think, they care about what they think with a great passion and will not tolerate people trying to take that way from them. Like what people tried to do to Kim Davis.

Overall, I've never been to Michigan so I can't compare, but it is hard for me to imagine a worse state to live in than Kentucky...and I've been to four. Go to Alabama, Tennessee or any other that isn't Kentucky if you can. lol

From what we saw, the places we actually went to it was actually far nicer (Bowling Green and then Nashville aka Gimme-Your-Google-Fiber-ville).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

From what we saw, the places we actually went to it was actually far nicer (Bowling Green and then Nashville aka Gimme-Your-Google-Fiber-ville).

Oh, Bowling Green is not bad, 'cause its pretty far south-west. It is also very pretty, and they have the National Corvette Museum and WKU. Just be careful though...Bowling Green has a nasty relationship with tornadoes. 2012 was a year of absolute destruction for most, from which I believe Kentucky was given the largest tornado trench of all states, about 95miles. :ph34r:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

An adapter to mount a 3,5" HDD to a 5,25" bay just arrived. The HDD on the right (2TB Seagate drive) will be installed when I have time and energy... that is: not today.

post-23506-0-79636500-1452700434.jpg

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

My new GoPro arrived. 

And then I realised I ordered the wrong SD card. 

5Nq0cte.jpg

rekt m8.

Oh, Bowling Green is not bad, 'cause its pretty far south-west. It is also very pretty, and they have the National Corvette Museum and WKU. Just be careful though...Bowling Green has a nasty relationship with tornadoes. 2012 was a year of absolute destruction for most, from which I believe Kentucky was given the largest tornado trench of all states, about 95miles. :ph34r:

Yeah, my dad's next job is going to be at the Corvette plant I believe, so I'm looking forward to that. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

attachicon.gifAnother 24 cores.JPG

Making 2 servers cuz Skynet.

PLEASE do build logs if you can. I get bored easily.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

I will, but I don't know how long it will take me to get all the parts for both.  The Xeon one is going to be so much more complicated.

Complications are fun.

Like me right now. I want to use my GTX 480 ES desperately, but I don't have enough thermal pads for it. Not to mention that it's going to be paired up with an Athlon 7850BE which will totally blue-ball it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler