Eye of the tiger rocket - More intel 11th/12th gen intel cpu benchmarks found

williamcll

The results were found to be on par with AMD Zen 2 in performance: that said the power consumption is another matter:

It’s a very mixed result for the Intel Core i7-1165G7, especially as Intel parts often fare better on 3DMark than AMD chips. Considering the core/thread discrepancy, you would expect the Ryzen 7 4800U APU to pull away in CPU-based tests, and you would also expect the Gen12 Xe iGPU to perform better than AMD’s aging Vega architecture. However, this will be a much different story when Navi architecture finally starts being fully implemented into AMD’s iGPUs. It looks like Intel is still playing catch up.

This is what CEO Bob swan has to say:

And an official announcement for Tiger lake will happen soon, as reviewers are receiving invites to Intel's promotions:

On another news, information for the iGPU of the CPU after tiger lake, Rocket lake has been found:

image.thumb.png.493f7e927052a25ba790fc9d6322a81f.png

Benchmarks for those CPUs have also been found recently:

It is not known when Rocket Lake CPUs will appear.

Source: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i7-1165G7-and-AMD-Ryzen-7-4800U-clash-on-3DMark-11-with-mixed-results-for-the-upcoming-Tiger-Lake-U-processor.468194.0.html

https://ranker.sisoftware.co.uk/show_system.php?q=cea598ab93a49dab9cbadde0c6b489afc6fbddb588aed6ebcda8cdf0c0e695a890&l=en

Thoughts: It seems that Intel is still hanging on to the CPU market, but considering AMD is already teasing a lot of Zen 3 CPUs, next year will be an even tougher battle for team blue if they want to continue holding the laptop market.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

I'm literally getting headaches trying to keep up with all of Intel's "Lakes".

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

The CPU score on the i7-1165G7 is seriously impressive considering the 4700U has double the cores and threads. Even if it was 25w vs 15w it still is pretty decent considering how poorly the current 10th gen 10nm parts compare.

that message from the CEO is loaded with BS. Don't care about benchmarks care about experiences and junk. intel is prepping to lose this fall.

Rocket lake will be DOA other than maybe the top gaming crown for 2x the price+power at least based on what I've heard. 4000 desktop chips will just be too strong.

AMDs got 2-4 new APUs in the pipeline intel may have a lead if those launch first but I don't expect it to last.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Just now, GDRRiley said:

that message from the CEO is loaded with BS. Don't care about benchmarks care about experiences and junk. intel is prepping to lose this fall.

Rocket lake will be DOA other than maybe the top gaming crown for 2x the price+power at least based on what I've heard. 4000 desktop chips will just be too strong.

AMDs got 2-4 new APUs in the pipeline intel may have a lead if those launch first but I don't expect it to last.

Interestingly, a recent benchmarked show a Zen 2 APU running on a X370 board.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

8 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

The CPU score on the i7-1165G7 is seriously impressive considering the 4700U has double the cores and threads. Even if it was 25w vs 15w it still is pretty decent considering how poorly the current 10th gen 10nm parts compare.

the 4700U is an 8/8 not an 8/16 that would be the 4800U. there also is 0 info about memory or any other system info so take it with some salt. intel never holds to power limits

Just now, williamcll said:

Interestingly, a recent benchmarked show a Zen 2 APU running on a X370 board.

not a big surprise.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

1 hour ago, GDRRiley said:

the 4700U is an 8/8 not an 8/16 that would be the 4800U. there also is 0 info about memory or any other system info so take it with some salt. intel never holds to power limits

Ah ok that’s less impressive now I thought it had 16T. This Intel chip will definitely be at 25w.

1 hour ago, Mateyyy said:

Intel is „ drowning in their lakes „

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

4 hours ago, schwellmo92 said:

Ah ok that’s less impressive now I thought it had 16T. This Intel chip will definitely be at 25w.

Not only that, the 4700U in question running at 25W would be a good 30% ahead. The Tiger Lake and Rocket Lake parts are all more of the same Skylake designs. At this point, I'm not sure they even deserve to be called geenrationa

That naming scheme makes almost no sense now 

And yeah, Intel. Let's move away from objective benchmarks. The same benchmarks that led to your Core i5 10600K being crowned as the best mainstream gaming processor by most reputable outlets. 

Because clearly, number of soldiers and cock speed matter more than results from objective testing... 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

3 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

Let's move away from objective benchmarks. The same benchmarks that led to your Core i5 10600K being crowned as the best mainstream gaming processor by most reputable outlets. 

Welcome to marketing? Discuss what makes the product look good (even if it isn't), and don't discuss what makes the product look bad 😁.

11 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

Can you please give me next week's lottery numbers while you got your crystal ball out?

I seriously doubt AMD's chips will have twice the price to performance ratio, and half the power consumption than Intel's chips. None of those statements are true right now, and I doubt they will be with Tiger Lake either.

11 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

intel never holds to power limits

Yes they do. It's just that most people don't understand power limits.

1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

Can you please give me next week's lottery numbers while you got your crystal ball out?

I seriously doubt AMD's chips will have twice the price to performance ratio, and half the power consumption than Intel's chips. None of those statements are true right now, and I doubt they will be with Tiger Lake either.

Yes they do. It's just that most people don't understand power limits

I can't I don't pay attention to that

I was joking about the price thing. I just expect intels new top end chip to be more expensive than it should be. Power consumption is already in AMD favor and rocket lake is still 14nm. Tigerlake based on 10nm launch for laptops is more interesting but AMD has new APUs in the works as well which are rumored to mix different CPU+GPU configurations

like zen3+RNDA2 or zen2+RDNA2 or zen3+lots of vega I doubt tiger lake is going to hold the crown if it does for very long

intel doesn't or at least board makers down. intels TDP quickly gets blown

12 hours ago, leadeater said:

I wonder what the performance of the i9-1189G9v2-2020-1145G6_XE will be.

I think you might have confused either total power draw or the price tag with the model number.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

14 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

the amount of lakes there are would be able to repay all the water we used

✨FNIGE✨

Wont they get crushed by AMD anyway, not that it matters, as long as we the consumer can get cheaper and better parts in the future :D

2 hours ago, HomeBoi said:

Wont they get crushed by AMD anyway, not that it matters, as long as we the consumer can get cheaper and better parts in the future :D

Depends what you mean by crushed, performance wise yeah, probably. But market share wise, and which product will end up in most laptops far from it. Intel will probably maintain it's dominant position simply due to the fact most non tech people don't really know AMD as well as intel (Due to many illegal, and legal practices). Intel sells, people are willing to pay a higher price because they see i7 and think its the best CPU in the world, they see AMD and either think it's a generic brand, or associate it with low end products. 

AMD isn't going to win this battle through performance alone, but through features, partners, and trying to change consumer opinions.

I think that is proven in the fact Dell, Apple, and many others still only use intel in there highest end and most of their mid range products.

It's just a shame, because AMD has a really good product that unfortunately most people won't even consider because, maybe just because they don't know any better.

I honestly think the only hope for AMD is to get a CPU into an Apple product, because quite frankly they do have a certain leadership position and others will almost certainly follow.  

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

14 minutes ago, marldorthegreat said:

Depends what you mean by crushed, performance wise yeah, probably. But market share wise, and which product will end up in most laptops far from it. Intel will probably maintain it's dominant position simply due to the fact most non tech people don't really know AMD as well as intel (Due to many illegal, and legal practices). Intel sells, people are willing to pay a higher price because they see i7 and think its the best CPU in the world, they see AMD and either think it's a generic brand, or associate it with low end products. 

AMD isn't going to win this battle through performance alone, but through features, partners, and trying to change consumer opinions.

I think that is proven in the fact Dell, Apple, and many others still only use intel in there highest end and most of their mid range products.

It's just a shame, because AMD has a really good product that unfortunately most people won't even consider because, maybe just because they don't know any better.

I honestly think the only hope for AMD is to get a CPU into an Apple product, because quite frankly they do have a certain leadership position and others will almost certainly follow.

I find the whole "Intel only sells well because people who aren't techy" kind of inane.

Intel sells well in laptops because laptop design takes time, and Intel has a very strong relationship with laptop manufacturers.

AMD has to build that up again because their products were shit for so many years. Zen 1  and Zen+ weren't even good for laptops. They were quite frankly really bad. It hasn't been until Ryzen 4000 that AMD chips have actually been good in laptops.

Don't believe me? Look at this review with the AMD Ryzen 7 3780U vs the Intel i7-1065G7.

They cost pretty much the same (Intel system being 4.7% more expensive).

The Intel laptop performs about 15% better in integer workloads and about 40% better in float-point heavy workloads.

The Intel laptop even performs the same or better than the AMD laptop.

"Oh but Intel probably has worse battery life because they are Intel lol" is probably your first though when seeing that but no, the Intel laptop got 37% longer battery life as well.

Intel doesn't sell well in laptops because "people don't know about AMD". In general, people don't know about Intel either. When the "non tech people" go into a store to buy a laptop they don't go there and start comparing processor brands. They look at what is available, the price and then compare some basic numbers and ask some store person about it a little. Prebuilt computers like laptops is almost all about relationships with the manufacturers such as Dell and HP. Intel has great relationships with those while AMD doesn't. When buying things at such volumes for system integrations the prices we consumers see on Amazon doesn't match either.

Intel processors might even have better price to performance ratio than AMD for laptops because Intel might have great bulk discounts and AMD might not.

And I think it's kind of insulting to say that people who buy Intel processors "doesn't know any better". AMD isn't even that far ahead in lots of areas but for some reason (maybe rooting for the underdog?) people will hype up any lead AMD gets like Intel are doomed. People will ignore huge flaws with AMD's products (like RAM compatibility being terrible with Ryzen 1) and shit on Intel for every tiny thing they can find.

Pretty much all CPUs have I recommended and bought in the last couple of years have been AMD processors, including my own. But it's not because AMD is super far ahead and Intel can't catch up! It's because they have been marginally better than what Intel has offered. We're talking something like 5-10% when I have looked at price and performance in a few brackets. But if you only read comments on this forum rather than look up things for yourself you'd get the impression that AMD were like 50% ahead. And of course AMD has a bigger lead in some specific price brackets (especially the ultra high end that barely anyone actually cares about) and the difference is smaller in some price brackets, but I'm talking in general.

On 6/8/2020 at 6:28 AM, Drama Lama said:

Intel is „ drowning in their lakes „

Ironically they were flying high on their canyons...

CURRENT PC     

CPU:  Intel Core i7 4790K (4.89 Ghz @ 1.345v)

GPU:  ASUS Nvidia GTX 1650 Super @ 1950 Mhz Core Clock + 14800 Mhz DDR6

MOBO:  Asrock Z97 Anniversary 

MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 - 32GB @ 1900 Mhz
STORAGE:  Samsung Evo 860 500GB, Samsung Evo 840 250GB, Samsung QVO 860 1TB, Samsung QVO 860 1TB (Boot, Boot, Storage and Storage)

11th gen rumors/leak already? Didn't the 10th gen literally just come out?

Man, Intel is really pumping those out. But since this is apparently for laptops... I'm not sure what to think.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I wanted to make a joke about lakes but Swan is pretty much drowning in a lake.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280