Titanfall hits a 10 million milestone

Bouzoo

titanfall-banner-slice.jpg

I didn't thought anyone played this game anymore so this quite surprised me as I'm sure will surprise many others here as well.

Few days ago, the boss of Respawn Entertainment (developers of the game), Vince Zampella, announced that the game just crossed the 10 million milestone. However, he didn't want to say if that was the number of players or the copies sold. I haven't played the game but by numbers from last year it sounds like it might be the number of unique players, but that's just me thinking.

Respawn Entertainment's first game was a big success. The developer has now announced that the Xbox and PC game has crossed the 10-million mark. Writing on Twitter, Respawn boss Vince Zampella announced the figure, though he didn't say if it represents copies sold or total number of players.

This figure is up from 7 million, which is the number of "unique users" that played the game by November 2014.

With this kind of number, Titanfall 2 is just a matter of time (which I don't think was announced yet).

Source

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

And I still haven't played it.  :ph34r:

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Well, alrighty. Didn't hear anything about it 2 weeks after release...

I still have a 2 hour demo on my Origin.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Its actually very fun

But it doesn't have a campaign meaning I have no reason to buy it unless all my friends already have it.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I didn't thought anyone played this game anymore so this quite surprised me as I'm sure will surprise many others here as well.

Uhm.. yeah.

I thought it was already dead since release.

really liked it also all the DLCs are free btw

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

really i'm kinda surprised it hit 10 million. i didn't even expect it to hit 5. But i guess it's a big hit for EA.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Titanfall was a good game, just needed more maps, better lobbies, and more guns.  (i say "was" because im not a fps game person anymore).

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

if the game weren't lacking features, it will be a major blockbuster.

For those that have not played it yet..

It's great fun, shooter mechanics are great, movement is the TITS, but a lack of gun variety kills it.

I've put many hours into it, but its been quarantined to my external drive for the time being as hardly anyone plays it in AU when I have time to play. (after midnight usually)
Matimio made a decent video about it today or yesterday I believe..

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

if the game weren't lacking features, it will be a major blockbuster.

I think you mean guns, maps, etc.  The "titans" were the "features".  But still was a good change back then.

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

I'm curious as to if those 'unique players' include people who downloaded the demo? 

I'm curious as to if those 'unique players' include people who downloaded the demo? 

Yeah, Origin gametime, free Titanfall...

Probably also counts....

So if you have the files, and don't mind the stock first weapons... you can keep creating accounts (email first,then origin) and play it forever, free with origin gametime.

Right?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Yeah, Origin gametime, free Titanfall...

Probably also counts....

So if you have the files, and don't mind the stock first weapons... you can keep creating accounts (email first,then origin) and play it forever, free with origin gametime.

Right?

Not sure, thought it was only offered every now and then?

Not sure, thought it was only offered every now and then?

Probably.. I was under the impression, new account, gametime would reset or whatever..

In my gametime list, I have 3-4 games sitting there, untouched.

10 million seconds played?

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I got bored of it really early.

I just wished Crytek focused on Crysis for multiplayer part way more. That Nanosuit is just awesome and spices up the game. Now if they focused on game more for online play and make way more different maps and robots, vehicles and fix some systems it would be amazing. Even though, I still enjoy it and play it occasionally. Among other games and FPS ones.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

However, he didn't want to say if that was the number of players or the copies sold.

kek

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

i love this game, but its honestly been dead since release. i keep going back to it to try to play again, but it takes forever to get a match.  if they brought it to steam i think it would see more action.  no idea how it managed to hit 10 million anything, whether it be sales or individual players, even if you count demos and free weekends or something. but grats to them i suppose

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

lol, i almost forgot this game existed.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Actually I downloaded the free add ons and got a game very quickly. Since Mechwarrior was one of the greatest games of all time I thought it would be better.

Very disapointed. Wish the did another Mechwarrior.

10 million always offline players ?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.