'Bendghazi' returns: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge just as bendable as Apple's iPhone 6 Plus

This is because the edge doesn't have the same internal construction as the st.

Intel Core I7-4790K 4.5GHz 1.225V, NZXT Kraken x60 AIO Cooler, EVGA Z97 FTW Board, Kingston Fury 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram, EVGA GTX 980 TI SC+ ACX GPU, Corsair Air 540 Case w/ 3x120MM & 3x140MM Cougar Red LED Fans, EVGA G1 650W 80+ Gold PSU, Crucial MX100 512GB SSD, Samsung UD590 4k 60Hz Monitor

"Do the bender!"

Seriously, why do people still buy Samsung phones? They're just like Apple in so many ways, except the fanboys are like "ERMHAGERD, IPHONE PEASANT HUR HUR HUR HUR"

I hate Samsung phones so mcuh

And they have so much bloatware and crapware. I prefer Motorola (they have the decency to use Stock Android), they made the first consumer mobile phone and they will make the last.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Personally I'm more interested in the thumb and pocket tests rather than the pressure machines.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

-

Someone who used "Bendghazi", the much better pun.

Fucking thank you

tired of "gate" everything 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Simply don't understand why  manufacturers are seemingly incapable of building a decent phone, when nokia has been doing it for decades. My 5800, N8 and Lumia 920 all had completely bulletproof designs. I tried bending them, I dropped them almost purposely time and time again without any "screen cover" and they all survived unscathed (the n8 had loads of small scratches due to having  a metal shell but did not dent at all). 

This modern obsession with lightness and thinness is stupid and counter-intuitive. 

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

I'm sorry but this started with people putting phones in their back pocket.

1 - Why put it in your back pocket when your front pockets are more easily accessible

2 - You just bought a £300+ phone, and you sit on it. Then you complain it breaks.

3 - You complain it breaks when your sitting down with it in your back pocket on your ROUNDED ass, what did you expect? for your ass to mold to the shape of your phone?!

4 - If you bought a laptop for £400, would you carry it around without a case or cover? No. Buy one for your phone which costs the same? "Nah it looks ugly" then thats your problem

Overall, peoples stupidity is the cause of this.

You want technological innovation, you want faster, brighter, higher def screens, you want thinner bodies, you want higher res, better zoom, slo-mo cameras in a thin as hell phone.

But you complain when your 150lb ass sits on it and it breaks.

People will say "But the developers should have thought of this"

Yes. They Did. But unfortunately, it's not easy to design technological equipment and high quality products which are so delicate and foresee the average moron doing some stupid like that. So they expect for the average consumer to buy the 100's of readily available cases for these products.

I'm a Big guy, I've got a thin phone, I use a rubber outer case, I put it in my front pocket.

Never broken a screen *touch wood*

Never bent a phone *touch wood*

Never bricked a phone *touch wood*

Rant over.

sorry but when i spend £500+ on a phone it better be able to take my weight if its in my back pocket.....there have been a metric fuck tone of phones in the past that cost just as much, but didnt bend when you sat on them...shit nokia made phones that would have survived a nuclear blast.  to me "dont put it in your back pocket" crap is no better than "your holding it wrong".  by defending this shitty build quality your allowing it to continue and saying its ok.  funny thing is some of you defending smasung are the same people who wanted to hang nvidia by the balls for the 970!.   

oh and 110lbs isnt all that much given the epidemic of obesity that's running through the us and the uk.   if half the population are 200lbs+ 110 is easy to achive.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

sorry but when i spend £500+ on a phone it better be able to take my weight if its in my back pocket.....there have been a metric fuck tone of phones in the past that cost just as much, but didnt bend when you sat on them...shit nokia made phones that would have survived a nuclear blast. to me "dont put it in your back pocket" crap is no better than "your holding it wrong". by defending this shitty build quality your allowing it to continue and saying its ok. funny thing is some of you defending smasung are the same people who wanted to hang nvidia by the balls for the 970!.

oh and 110lbs isnt all that much given the epidemic of obesity that's running through the us and the uk. if half the population are 200lbs+ 110 is easy to achive.

That's like saying that you can abuse a lambo and expect it to survive a crash unscathed. If you don't like it, vote with your wallet. IMO there are more concerning things than how malleable a phone is- how refined the software is, how efficient the phone runs (larger batteries is a stupid solution to battery life).

That's like saying that you can abuse a lambo and expect it to survive a crash unscathed. If you don't like it, vote with your wallet.

NO ITS NOT i hate these shit analogies that make no sense im not throwing my phone against a wall im putting it in my pocket. where i should be able to

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

sorry but when i spend £500+ on a phone it better be able to take my weight if its in my back pocket.....there have been a metric fuck tone of phones in the past that cost just as much, but didnt bend when you sat on them...shit nokia made phones that would have survived a nuclear blast.  to me "dont put it in your back pocket" crap is no better than "your holding it wrong".  by defending this shitty build quality your allowing it to continue and saying its ok.  funny thing is some of you defending smasung are the same people who wanted to hang nvidia by the balls for the 970!.   

oh and 110lbs isnt all that much given the epidemic of obesity that's running through the us and the uk.   if half the population are 200lbs+ 110 is easy to achive.

Not necessarily. We're going to have to agree to disagree here because if you have £500 worth of tech and are willing to sit on it, then you're your own worst enemy.

If you wanted the companies who make these phones to make them more withstand-able to weight and pressure over a curved object, like the fabled Nokia 3310's of late,

then these companies would have to make them bulkier, heavier and of more expensive materials. Then the price goes up, then the consumer complains because its too heavy

and that they don't like how big and bulky it is. Either way, someone will complain and the developers will moan.

If the choice was having a nice, stylish and functional phone over a large bulkier, heavier and more expensive one, I'd put my money on the consumer wanting the first, not the latter.

Also, I have a 970 and have no qualms with the whole "RAM-Gate" BS

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

And this is one reason companies should be very careful when using immature mocking marketing tactics against there competitors,  Remember AMD pissing on Nvidia for being hot, then Samsung pisses on apple for bending.  Umble pie is bitter to eat,  I hope they taste every last ounce.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Not necessarily. We're going to have to agree to disagree here because if you have £500 worth of tech and are willing to sit on it, then you're your own worst enemy.

If you wanted the companies who make these phones to make them more withstand-able to weight and pressure over a curved object, like the fabled Nokia 3310's of late,

then these companies would have to make them bulkier, heavier and of more expensive materials. Then the price goes up, then the consumer complains because its too heavy

and that they don't like how big and bulky it is. Either way, someone will complain and the developers will moan.

If the choice was having a nice, stylish and functional phone over a large bulkier, heavier and more expensive one, I'd put my money on the consumer wanting the first, not the latter.

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

not really the iphone 4 and 5 were solid samsungs before it too. the note 4 did well and i have a z3 that is fairly solid.  none are bulky (well apart from the note but thats what a 5.7inch screen will do to you.) you dont have to go bulky to get stability and i think that most people would take battery life over thinness.

and really WTF is going on with the forum it seams to spend more time down than up and noe there are a boat load of double posts!

i really need to get back to old school nokia phone hahaha jk

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

noe there are a boat load of double posts!

Yeah, I pressed it once as well. Peculiar. 

NO ITS NOT i hate these shit analogies that make no sense im not throwing my phone against a wall im putting it in my pocket. where i should be able to

They belong in your hand, not in your pocket lol

And they have so much bloatware and crapware. I prefer Motorola (they have the decency to use Stock Android), they made the first consumer mobile phone and they will make the last.

Exactly. I'm more of a HTC person, but I don't understand Samsung phones at all.

They belong in your hand, not in your pocket lol

Really? you carry your phone around in your hand all day?  I don't know a single person who doesn't put their phone in their pocket. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

this makes you wonder, which company is more of an asshole?

samsung or apple?

both are overpriced, both are expensive, samsung talks shit but does the samething.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Like I said with the iPhone bending, this is only an issue if it is widespread and happens during everyday use.
Also, something OP front pocket. Nobody was complaining about the iPhone getting bent in tests (except maybe some idiots). The issue were multiple reports of the phone getting best in everyday use.
If similar reports start showing up regarding the S6, and that it happens to many people then I'll say it's an issue.

Until then I'll say this is a desperate attempt to try to make Samsung look bad. Shame on you Victorious Secret. This is not at all like the "bendgate" that happened to Apple.

So to everyone who is already throwing shit around:

1) Phones bending from just having them in your pocket is an issue. A lot of people don't have handbags to put their phones in, nor do they carry them in their hands all the time. I'd say a big portion of people carry their phones in their pockets. Having it in the back pocket might be a bad idea if you're going to sit on it, but at the very least it shouldn't break when you have it in your front pocket.

2) A few phones here and there getting bent does not mean it is a flawed design. It is however a flaw if it happens to lots of people. If it happens to a few people then the manufacturer should fix it for free, without any "service fees" or bullshit like that.

3) A phone getting bent in a machine doesn't mean anything. A phone getting bent by someone trying to bend it doesn't mean anything either. What matters is that the phone don't get bent in everyday scenarios. However, the results of the machine tests can indicate that it might be an everyday issue. For example if a phone gets a lower score then it is closer to the threshold of what is needed for everyday use.

The reports of the iPhone getting bent was a bigger issue because of these points.

still waiting for claims that it bended while being inside a pocket http://oneofthenine.com/

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Now i want to see apple get some friendly jabs in at samsung. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Please, just no.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Like I said with the iPhone bending, this is only an issue if it is widespread and happens during everyday use.

Also, something OP front pocket. Nobody was complaining about the iPhone getting bent in tests (except maybe some idiots). The issue were multiple reports of the phone getting best in everyday use.

If similar reports start showing up regarding the S6, and that it happens to many people then I'll say it's an issue.

Until then I'll say this is a desperate attempt to try to make Samsung look bad. Shame on you Victorious Secret. This is not at all like the "bendgate" that happened to Apple.

So to everyone who is already throwing shit around:

1) Phones bending from just having them in your pocket is an issue. A lot of people don't have handbags to put their phones in, nor do they carry them in their hands all the time. I'd say a big portion of people carry their phones in their pockets. Having it in the back pocket might be a bad idea if you're going to sit on it, but at the very least it shouldn't break when you have it in your front pocket.

2) A few phones here and there getting bent does not mean it is a flawed design. It is however a flaw if it happens to lots of people. If it happens to a few people then the manufacturer should fix it for free, without any "service fees" or bullshit like that.

3) A phone getting bent in a machine doesn't mean anything. A phone getting bent by someone trying to bend it doesn't mean anything either. What matters is that the phone don't get bent in everyday scenarios. However, the results of the machine tests can indicate that it might be an everyday issue. For example if a phone gets a lower score then it is closer to the threshold of what is needed for everyday use.

The reports of the iPhone getting bent was a bigger issue because of these points.

I second this shame on you VS shame on you.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650