'Bendghazi' returns: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge just as bendable as Apple's iPhone 6 Plus

LOL

Man... People really need to stop putting their phones in their back pocket and need to stop using skinny jeans lol

Ive got a friend who's bent in a big life proofcase, regular iphone 6, didn't put it in his back pocket

In other news, this is an impractical test though, that's not a real life bending situation, that is the basically the easiest way to bend something, but the iphone bends at the volume button and they are bending them in the middle

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Now please tell me how you're gonna get 110-190 pounds worth of pressure on your phone while it's sitting in your pocket.

This is BS.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

$20 Unbox Therapy WILL make a video on this.

-$20 since I don't have any moneyz.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Now please tell me how you're gonna get 110-190 pounds worth of pressure on your phone while it's sitting in your pocket.

This is BS.

Of course its BS, but that didn't stop the Apple hate train before and it shouldn't stop the train now. Right? 

$20 Unbox Therapy WILL make a video on this.

-$20 since I don't have any moneyz.

Lew is already salivating at the thought of another 20 million hits. 

...just take your phone out of your back pockets guys.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

if you can bend it with your hand then it has shit quality

...just take your phone out of your back pockets guys.

i think its mostly girls with it in the back pocket

if you can bend it with your hand then it has shit quality

There are body builders who can bend your humerous. Does that mean it has shit quality? 

Practically most devices on the market can be bent if you are a moron (are you a moron?) and actually try to. 

Seriously, why do people still buy Samsung phones?

Because I like my S4 nd they finally gives a phone with high-capacity internal storage. For me this is important because some apps I use still refuses to work with external memory (Granted, these are software issues rather than hardware/OS issues, but they are still there)

I wonder how the non edge fairs since that's the more attractive one that people will buy.

This is the day apple buys have been waiting for.. #TakeCover

Details separate people.

I'm sorry but this started with people putting phones in their back pocket.

1 - Why put it in your back pocket when your front pockets are more easily accessible

2 - You just bought a £300+ phone, and you sit on it. Then you complain it breaks.

3 - You complain it breaks when your sitting down with it in your back pocket on your ROUNDED ass, what did you expect? for your ass to mold to the shape of your phone?!

4 - If you bought a laptop for £400, would you carry it around without a case or cover? No. Buy one for your phone which costs the same? "Nah it looks ugly" then thats your problem

Overall, peoples stupidity is the cause of this.

You want technological innovation, you want faster, brighter, higher def screens, you want thinner bodies, you want higher res, better zoom, slo-mo cameras in a thin as hell phone.

But you complain when your 150lb ass sits on it and it breaks.

People will say "But the developers should have thought of this"

Yes. They Did. But unfortunately, it's not easy to design technological equipment and high quality products which are so delicate and foresee the average moron doing some stupid like that. So they expect for the average consumer to buy the 100's of readily available cases for these products.

I've been putting phones in my back pocket for years and have never had an issue.

My front pockets have keys, a pocket knife, nail clippers, coins, things that will absolutely destroy phones if I were to put them in the same pocket.

The issue is these huge phones that they keep making larger, thinner and using weaker, lighter weight materials.

These phones are just flat out less durable than the ones they are replacing because the makers are  stupidly competing on who can make the largest, thinnest ad lightest phones rather than thinking about how people actually use their phones and designing accordingly.

My current phone (LG L90) is a reasonable size and thickness and is perfectly happy in my back pocket.

I've been putting phones in my back pocket for years and have never had an issue.

My front pockets have keys, a pocket knife, nail clippers, coins, things that will absolutely destroy phones if I were to put them in the same pocket.

The issue is these huge phones that they keep making larger, thinner and using weaker, lighter weight materials.

These phones are just flat out less durable than the ones they are replacing because the makers are stupidly competing on who can make the largest, thinnest ad lightest phones rather than thinking about how people actually use their phones and designing accordingly.

My current phone (LG L90) is a reasonable size and thickness and is perfectly happy in my back pocket.

I appreciate you and many others cary other items in their pockets, I personally carry my ecig, phone and keys in mine. I go by the rule that I keep my ecig and phone in one and keys in the other. I then have my wallet in my back pocket.

I do find it rather odd you carry nail clippers with you but each to their own. also why not put that change in your wallet?

I still think my point stands

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

There are body builders who can bend your humerous. Does that mean it has shit quality? 

Practically most devices on the market can be bent if you are a moron (are you a moron?) and actually try to. 

i tried to bend my iphone 5 when i got a note 4. and the iphone 5 doesnt bend. ill try the note 4 if the note 5 has sdcard and removable battery

GOD DAMNIT NOT THIS AGAIN

CHANGE YOUR DAMN PICTURE! I'M GOING TO HAVE A HARD TIME REMEMBERING WHO YOU ARE!

luckily it's you so it wont be that hard... BUT STILL!

CHANGE YOUR DAMN PICTURE! I'M GOING TO HAVE A HARD TIME REMEMBERING WHO YOU ARE!

luckily it's you so it wont be that hard... BUT STILL!

We are legion

i tried to bend my iphone 5 when i got a note 4. and the iphone 5 doesnt bend. ill try the note 4 if the note 5 has sdcard and removable battery

You're a special kind of person, thats for sure. 

We are legion

You're a special kind of person, thats for sure. 

why are people so obsessed with making phones thinner anyways. if they stick with the normal thickness not only does it not bend but it also has more battery life. i mean look at the galaxy s6 with 2550 mah battery i would have liked to see 2700 mah at least

Edge? Not regular S6? Pfft. Edge has better potential to break -_-

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I thought this about the whole iphone thing (though I chuckled a little bit at first) and I'm thinking it again now. Why is this such a big deal? How many people does this really effect? Its still pretty damn hard to bend these phones unless you're trying. I mean how many iphone 6s were actually bent? A few hundred out of the millions that they've sold? That's very very few and didn't apple replace all of these customers phones?

I have to say though, it is funny to see this happen to Samsung after the crap they gave Apple.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Exactly. People love to complain and give Apple shit but you need to be a complete imbecile to actually bend your phone that way. 

Or you need to be as desperate as Lew for YouTube views LOL

My friend's iPhone bent in his front pocket from sitting down. Granted he's a big guy and his jeans are kinda tight, but I often feel my own phone is tight in my pocket. It can definitely happen.

It also happens that I'll wear athletic shorts and as I get in my car, the pocket slides around due to the weight of my phone and I accidentally end up sitting on it.

I'm not saying that they should design phones so they can survive a car driving over them (Nokia) but it would be nice if everyday activities didn't bend them.

Top kek

Samsung gives shit to Apple yet their own new and shiney phone bends at the same weight but causes the screen to crack.

Bunch of dumbassses.

This is sadly the way it always has been. Samsung fans are as bad as Apple fans in my experience, in some ways worse because their whole circle jerk is all about how it isn't an iPhone.

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air

Correct me if im wrong but wasn't the whole reason the iphone bending was so bad was because it bent in peoples pockets not on purpose like this? By this logic every phone is going to bend -_-

I'll just have a case on it like every other phone I have used.