'Bendghazi' returns: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge just as bendable as Apple's iPhone 6 Plus

Personally I'm more interested in the thumb and pocket tests rather than the pressure machines.

The thumb and pocket tests are irrelevant. They don't prove anything, it is impossible to judge how much faking was used through (deliberately or otherwise) applying different forces to different phones.

These tests give an accurate and reproducible measure of exactly how much force is needed to deform a phone.

Like I said with the iPhone bending, this is only an issue if it is widespread and happens during everyday use.

Also, something OP front pocket. Nobody was complaining about the iPhone getting bent in tests (except maybe some idiots). The issue were multiple reports of the phone getting best in everyday use.

If similar reports start showing up regarding the S6, and that it happens to many people then I'll say it's an issue.

Until then I'll say this is a desperate attempt to try to make Samsung look bad. Shame on you Victorious Secret. This is not at all like the "bendgate" that happened to Apple.

So to everyone who is already throwing shit around:

1) Phones bending from just having them in your pocket is an issue. A lot of people don't have handbags to put their phones in, nor do they carry them in their hands all the time. I'd say a big portion of people carry their phones in their pockets. Having it in the back pocket might be a bad idea if you're going to sit on it, but at the very least it shouldn't break when you have it in your front pocket.

2) A few phones here and there getting bent does not mean it is a flawed design. It is however a flaw if it happens to lots of people. If it happens to a few people then the manufacturer should fix it for free, without any "service fees" or bullshit like that.

3) A phone getting bent in a machine doesn't mean anything. A phone getting bent by someone trying to bend it doesn't mean anything either. What matters is that the phone don't get bent in everyday scenarios. However, the results of the machine tests can indicate that it might be an everyday issue. For example if a phone gets a lower score then it is closer to the threshold of what is needed for everyday use.

The reports of the iPhone getting bent was a bigger issue because of these points.

The force required to bend an iPhone was demonstrably the same as that required to bend an HTC One M8. The number of recorded cases of an iPhone was in the single figures. There was an arse-tonne of sensationalist reporting because it was Apple and the fanboys of this forum lost their shit because it was Apple.

A phone being bent in a machine means a lot because you can actually measure how much force is needed and ascertain the likelihood of this much force and pressure being applied in everyday use. The iPhone 6 being bent is a complete non-issue, as it is with the HTC One M8 and, I'm pretty certain, with the S6. it does highlight a growing trend of a decline in strength of all phones in general, as all newer phones did worse than their older counterparts, but on the flip side of that how long are phones really kept before being upgraded anyway?

So tl;dr shame on Victorious Secret for holding Android and iOS devices to identical levels of scrutiny.

You know what the biggest problem with this thread is?

The title is equating a fucking bent phone with a terrorist attack (cos let's face it, non of you would even know where the fuck Benghazi was without said attack), that is some seriously fucked up shit right there.

And while I'm not the biggest fan of the US, there is some things you don't do... Or would you like me to start referring to it as "I just totally 9/11ed my iPhony"? Didn't think so.

*gets off his high horse and goes back to serious trolling*

Bendghazi is a more clever pun than Bendgate. Don't get me wrong, Watergate was a hilarious moment in US history, but Bendghazi is the thinking mans pun when it comes to this "issue".

The thumb and pocket tests are irrelevant. They don't prove anything, it is impossible to judge how much faking was used through (deliberately or otherwise) applying different forces to different phones.

These tests give an accurate and reproducible measure of exactly how much force is needed to deform a phone.

The force required to bend an iPhone was demonstrably the same as that required to bend an HTC One M8. The number of recorded cases of an iPhone was in the single figures. There was an arse-tonne of sensationalist reporting because it was Apple and the fanboys of this forum lost their shit because it was Apple.

A phone being bent in a machine means a lot because you can actually measure how much force is needed and ascertain the likelihood of this much force and pressure being applied in everyday use. The iPhone 6 being bent is a complete non-issue, as it is with the HTC One M8 and, I'm pretty certain, with the S6. it does highlight a growing trend of a decline in strength of all phones in general, as all newer phones did worse than their older counterparts, but on the flip side of that how long are phones really kept before being upgraded anyway?

So tl;dr shame on Victorious Secret for holding Android and iOS devices to identical levels of scrutiny.

Shame on me for not jumping into the circle jerk and mocking those that did, right? Its funny the reactions people had back then vs. what they have now. It was a non-issue then, its a non-issue now. But nah, people jerked hard when it happened to Apple but they won't say a thing since its Android. 

Not while the S6 is the golden child of Android. No way will they listen to criticism (even mockery) about it. 

LOL. Shame. I've been called worse things by better people. Better people who don't spend their time on the internet with one hand down their pants and another on the keyboard all day long acting like justice warriors just needing to be contrarian for the sake of contrarianism. 

Shame on me for not jumping into the circle jerk and mocking those that did, right? Its funny the reactions people had back then vs. what they have now. It was a non-issue then, its a non-issue now. But nah, people jerked hard when it happened to Apple but they won't say a thing since its Android. 

Not while the S6 is the golden child of Android. No way will they listen to criticism (even mockery) about it. 

LOL. Shame. I've been called worse things by better people. Better people who don't spend their time on the internet with one hand down their pants and another on the keyboard all day long acting like justice warriors just needing to be contrarian for the sake of contrarianism. 

Not sure which planet you are on but the reaction seems pretty similar to last time to me, except this time the report wasn't about it happening to people just casually having it in their front pocket.

The reason why there were a lot more threads about it last time was because this time it seems like everyone is on the side of "this is bad", while last time it was a big amount of people making new threads with links to "prove" that it wasn't an issue. We had news threads with nothing but a link to some blogger which just said "if you think it's an issue then you're an idiot".

You need 2 sides to have an argument.

You're right, a phone bending in someone's pocket during everyday use doesn't prove anything. Real world testing via everyday consumers is completely useless data because it's not scientific enough.

Tell that to someone whose phone bent in their pocket and ask them how much they care. I couldn't care less about lab results if a phone bends in my pocket. Neither should anyone else.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

GRAB YOUR PITCHFORKS!

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

You're right, a phone bending in someone's pocket during everyday use doesn't prove anything. Real world testing via everyday consumers is completely useless data because it's not scientific enough.

Tell that to someone whose phone bent in their pocket and ask them how much they care. I couldn't care less about lab results if a phone bends in my pocket. Neither should anyone else.

I hope you never get selected for jury duty. You are throwing out objective trialling in favour of pure anecdotes. I struggle to see how any of these phones could just bend in their pockets. I think anyone who suffers this was mistreating their phone.

Now i want to see apple get some friendly jabs in at samsung.

Apple won't. Say what you want about them, but they follow mature business practices

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

I hope you never get selected for jury duty. You are throwing out objective trialling in favour of pure anecdotes. I struggle to see how any of these phones could just bend in their pockets. I think anyone who suffers this was mistreating their phone.

That's the whole point.  Phones shouldn't be bending in peoples pockets, yet, they were.  By people who weren't mistreating their phone.

And besides, so what if they were rough with it?  Phones should stand up to the rigors of everyday use.  There is no better testing ground for consumer goods than in the hands of consumers.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Apple won't. Say what you want about them, but they follow mature business practices

Still. Would've been fun to see a bit of a back and forth between apple and samsung.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

That's the whole point.  Phones shouldn't be bending in peoples pockets, yet, they were.  By people who weren't mistreating their phone.

And besides, so what if they were rough with it?  Phones should stand up to the rigors of everyday use.  There is no better testing ground for consumer goods than in the hands of consumers.

The whole point of the tests you're dismissing is to determine if they were bending in people's pockets without being mistreated. Sorry, individual testimony is not enough, I want actual evidence.

The evidence thusfar is that this isn't an issue. It doesn't seem to have affected a great many people, and the few people it has affected seem to have been subjecting their phones to undue stresses more than simply walking around with it in their pockets.

The whole point of the tests you're dismissing is to determine if they were bending in people's pockets without being mistreated. Sorry, individual testimony is not enough, I want actual evidence.

The evidence thusfar is that this isn't an issue. It doesn't seem to have affected a great many people, and the few people it has affected seem to have been subjecting their phones to undue stresses more than simply walking around with it in their pockets.

This isn't science class.

AWWW YEAAH

Now all the virgin fanboys who think that their phones are indestructible are gonna shit themselves as they try to prove that a piece of aluminium shouldn't bend

Seriously what the fuck, what do you expect from a phone to do under 100 freaking pounds of pressure

Just buy a 3210 and a pager and shut up already, goddamit

This triggered me so much i need my anti jimmies rustling pills

The only form of revenge that Apple will show is the next quarterly results which will be a bitchslap to every other mobile player. Cause thats all Apple needs to show.

If Samsung thinks the S6 is going to save their sales slump...they have another thing coming entirely. 

To be honest, when the apple bend threads started there was like 5 threads posted (some where merged and others deleted/locked).  There were kneejerk posts and shit posts against apple, mostly though they were just heated debate about what constituted the actual issue (a lot of assumptions on both sides of the debate I might add).  This thread is almost identical except no one is shit banging on Samsung unnecessarily.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/223122-bendgate-iphone-6-iphone-6/page-2

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/222205-apple-responds-to-bent-iphone-6-complaints-all-nine-of-them/

One that stands out is the post that blames the iphone bending as apples fault for hyping their own product up (???)

Apple has themselves to blame for hyping their own build quality over the years.

I don't know a company that doesn't hype their products, however the point is that was a stupid comment to make and if that person genuinely feels that way then they should be in this thread right now saying exactly the same thing, But I see they aren't. Which I believe is the point of contention some members are getting at. 

We have the benefit of hindsight when looking over the apple threads,  But I note no one is pointing out the number of complaints regarding bent iphones didn't skyrocket after those initial reports.  In fact the only thing that skyrocketed was apples sales figures, making the whole bendgate thing a non-event. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

oh god please let this end, soon unboxtheraphy will do his video about this again. I'm tired of his stupid shit bending phones, it started from funny to being retarded

-snip-

The problem with the entirety of your argument is that what you are complaining about is the exact point of the OP's joke, which very clearly flew over your head.

It is very ironic that you were taking about things being taken out of context last time. If you want to continue your personal vendetta against VS (of all people), then please do it elsewhere.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

The problem with the entirety of your argument is that what you are complaining about is the exact point of the OP's joke, which very clearly flew over your head.

It is very ironic that you were taking about things being taken out of context last time. If you want to continue your personal vendetta against VS (of all people), then please do it elsewhere.

I guess I need to start adding /s tags to my posts.

Sad day for the Internet, sad day for sarcasm, sad day for snark.

Now if you'll excuse me I have some phones to bend in honour of this tragic day.

As I said, these super thin phones without removable batteries are not for me.

Now if you'll excuse me I have some phones to bend in honour of this tragic day.

Here's one I bent earlier, amusingly enough it is a Samsung and actually bends quit easily:

WP_20150405_001.jpg

EDIT: funny thing is this time you'd be correct if you called it a feature. :lol: :P:ph34r:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

iphone 6 plus has a weak spot just under the volume keys .these bend tests are irrelevant

You can give HTC shit but they were still the winner here needing 120 pounds. :P

Sorry but I must have missed the obvious sarcasm in this quote:

So I'm curios to see who here gives Samsung the same treatment, and if they don't its a nice reminder of how much hypocrisy and "hate" they have. 

I foolishly assumed that "if people don't say the same things as before they they are hypocrites" kind of implied that the situations were the same. This and the iPhone "bendgate" are two completely different situations. The iPhone reactions were mostly at the reports of phones getting bent while in their pockets. These reactions is to the phone being bent when put in a machine specifically designed to bend things.

I fail to see how it would be hypocritical to react differently to these two situations.

Eh let's be honest here very few of us are Samsung fanboys lol I like Android and hate apple with a passion but couldn't really care less about samsung mobiles... Touch wiz was bad enough to keep me away.
So sure I'll call this a pile of shit and a waste of money just like the Iphone but it's still more open then the Iphone and doesn't rely on Itunes so while both are complete crap the Iphone with it's closed echo system and retarded price for it's hardware is still far worse.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Here's one I bent earlier, amusingly enough it is a Samsung and actually bends quit easily:

WP_20150405_001.jpg

EDIT: funny thing is this time you'd be correct if you called it a feature. :lol: :P:ph34r:

From a time when bending phones was just a way of life, the good old days.