Test Shows Over 100fps Difference Between DX12 and DX11

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Brad Wardell, CEO of Stardock, has had some interesting things to say about DirectX 12, and in a recent test he compared DX12 to its predecessor, DX11, on a high-end system with an unreleased GPU. The results saw DX12 outperform it previous iteration by over 100fps.

Wardell shared the following tweet:

fOjwvEu.png

Of course, Wardell’s followers had questions aplenty regarding his DX12 test, which he duly answered. He told one follower that he ran the test on a Crossfire system with an AMD processor, while he said to another, when quizzed on whether the system specifications compared to the Xbox One, Wardell replied that it was, “way beyond console stuff”.

uD8h5lg.png

Wardell was quick to share his thoughts on the benefits of DX12, telling another follower:

necVWvA.png

Microsoft, Stardock, and other developers are set to reveal more details on DirectX 12 at GDC next month.

Source : http://www.dsogaming.com/news/dx12-versus-dx11-over-100fps-difference-on-unreleased-gpu-in-new-test-way-beyond-console-stuff/

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Well damn, I might just switch to windows 10 for DX12 support once it is released.... (#Win7ForLife)

Maybe I'll just dualboot 7 ultimate and 10, then I can use 7 for normal tasks, and 10 for gaming and shit, or maybe have 7 there as a backup for when I get pissed at 10, or while I'm getting used to 10.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Although this is good, I'm betting this is absolute best case scenario.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Damn, i hope this is just a normal case and that this happens a lot. If so im definatly gonna use DX12

CPUi7 4790k (4.0 Ghz)| MotherboardMSI Z97 Gaming-5 ATX LGA1150| RAM: 16 Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro(DDR3-1600, Red 4x4Gb)GPUEVGA GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0| CaseFractal Design Define R5 (Black with Window)| StorageWestern Digital Caviar Blue 1TB and Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD| PSUCorsair HX750i 80+ Platinum| Display(s) Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" CoolingCorsair H100i GTX| Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB| MouseRazer Deathadder Chroma|

Bull. Shit.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Remeber Very Few Games Will Support Dx12 FUll potional Anyways

I guess we'll wait and see. Because that has gotta be some serious black magic.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

the fanboism in the twitter thread is stupidly cringe worthy, easy 2000 karma if it goes to pcmr

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I'm excited for DX12 but I'm not extremely impressed by this. It's easy to come up with scenarios that can make DX12 look amazing but it's another thing to see what kind of difference it would make in an actual game.

FX-8xxx/9xxx with Pirate Islands is pretty much a guarantee of the hardware he's using. The question lays more within his testing methodology.

If he's using Crossfire R9 390X with a FX-9590 then certainly goes to show DX12 threading capacity.

FX-8xxx/9xxx with Pirate Islands is pretty much a guarantee of the hardware he's using. The question lays more within his testing methodology.

If he's using Crossfire R9 390X with a FX-9590 then certainly goes to show DX12 threading capacity.

Of course it is, It's not like there are any other 8 core AMD cpus or unreleased GPUs.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

They promise this now, but in actual games I fell like it'll be a much smaller jump. And certainly not a uniform jump across titles.

Yeah, and the GTX 970 has 4gb of usable Vram.

fucking horseshit

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Of course it is, It's not like there are any other 8 core AMD cpus or unreleased GPUs.

Without the comment of him saying AMD based CPU it could of very well been a 5960X and GM200. Tho for the simple fact that we know he's working in AMD's booth at GDC this year to showcase a few of his games (Star Control I imagine being the Star Swarm replacement) that pretty much confirms that he's running all AMD hardware.

This says more about how poorly he had his system setup to work with 11 in comparison to 12.

Without the comment of him saying AMD based CPU it could of very well been a 5960X and GM200. Tho for the simple fact that we know he's working in AMD's booth at GDC this year to showcase a few of his games (Star Control I imagine being the Star Swarm replacement) that pretty much confirms that he's running all AMD hardware.

And the fact that if you read the article he actual says it's an amd cpu and the GPUs are in crossfire, literally eliminating intel/nvidia from the picture.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

unreleased GPU? i wonder what gpu is that

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

This seems very plausable. It seems he was testing lens and lighting effects and using a beast machine. DX11 doesn't support using all the potential the 8 core CPU where as dx12 can. That was probably the difference. DX12 was able to unleash the beast.

To people saying bullshit, you are all likely wrong. Remember DX12 allows VRAM stacking so if he is using 2 4GB cards that is 8GB of effective video memory. He also isn't saying this is game performance or anything, it's in a specific lighting and lens effects test. It's probably something designed specifically to show off DX12 and what it can do under optimal conditions. It's a nice set of numbers, but it's not exactly representative of a video game.

No one saying anything about how low 13fps is?

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B