Test Shows Over 100fps Difference Between DX12 and DX11

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Yeah, and the GTX 970 has 4gb of usable Vram.

fucking horseshit

-_____-

*cue the 'let it go' song*

Well alrighty then, now just to wait for everything to be released and optimized and get W10 with DX12 and games for it to actually be optimized like they should.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

If properly added to the Total War engine this could be HUGE performance gains. I would say it could mean at least 20% performance increases in battles. Maybe even proper cpu core scaling, which would be funny if a 10 core Xeon outperformed the i series chips. Otherwise DX 12 should only bring modest gains in performance. 

Pretty interesting thread here.

I hate pie in the sky results like this, they set a bad example for average consumers who are less discerning in their news sources and expectations and then sets them up to complain when things don't work. 

Sounds amazing but... Microsoft, I'm keeping my sceptical hat on mofos, until there is proof I'm not downloading another untested and unproven OS from your skanky ass until at least SP1... probably SP2. Fell for that shit with WinME, learn that lesson 

WGoC8r5.jpg

Except you don't have to buy win 10, they are giving it away free for people with 7 and 8/8.1.  you can have dx12 with no strings.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

VRAM stacking? Mother of God. Please say it will be so!

i7 3770k @5GHz, Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H, GTX 1070, AX 1200, EK custom loop, 8GB Blue Vengeance CL9 1600MHz, IPS 24" 1080p 60Hz, Windows 10 Enterprise, a variety of Samsung SSDs

If properly added to the Total War engine this could be HUGE performance gains. I would say it could mean at least 20% performance increases in battles. Maybe even proper cpu core scaling, which would be funny if a 10 core Xeon outperformed the i series chips. Otherwise DX 12 should only bring modest gains in performance. 

Except Total War is still mostly a single to dual core affair. So any benefit that DX12 brings will inevitably benefit the i series as much if not more than the Xeons. The engine is coded to run on a few cores... you'd need a complete redesign to take advantage of more cores. 

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air

Probably a game that had terrible DX11 Crossfire support.

But if this means that DX12 can finally optimize crossfire/sli then im extremely happy! Might even pick up another 760 or see if 960 is compatible for sli.

Over 8 months to go :( and HYPE is getting way too strong already.

Gtx 960 can't be in sli with gtx 760, they are different chips, and even if the 960 was just a rebadge, Nvidia doesn't allow sli with different cards the way amd does

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

ignore this. Accidentally double posted

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

Gtx 960 can't be in sli with gtx 760, they are different chips, and even if the 960 was just a rebadge, Nvidia doesn't allow sli with different cards the way amd does

Okay, 1070 it is then. Maybe it will have 4gb Vram

/bazinga

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

13 to 120, that's 9 times the FPS. 

That means that my games will run on average at 1000 FPS ... which is going to make not a blind bit of difference because Vsync will kick in and limit it to prevent tearing.

Except Total War is still mostly a single to dual core affair. So any benefit that DX12 brings will inevitably benefit the i series as much if not more than the Xeons. The engine is coded to run on a few cores... you'd need a complete redesign to take advantage of more cores.

I would think though that because MS needs to take advantage of the cores on the X1 it would possibly add a functionality to share cpu load across the cores for the engine. This could also be a reason why most developers don't optimize for more than two cores, cause previous APIs made it more difficult. Maybe, just maybe MS will do some wizardry with DX12 and make it relatively too add it to existing games.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

13 to 120, that's 9 times the FPS. 

That means that my games will run on average at 1000 FPS ... which is going to make not a blind bit of difference because Vsync will kick in and limit it to prevent tearing.

What people are not understanding is the testing methodology being used. This test is only conducted of lighting and lens flares. DirectX 11 has a tough time keeping up with just a handful of light sources. With DirectX 12 the number of sources for lighting is essentially limitless. Meaning you can walk into an environment with light sources coming from every luminous object in the game. Unlike DirectX 11 games that focus on the larger and more obvious ones. The test he conducted was probably a small demo of something like a room with 1,000 light sources ran on both DirectX 11 and DirectX 12. It's basically an example of how more efficient DirectX 12 is at handling multiple light sources.