New Browser - Vivaldi

WereCat

Source: http://dsl.sk/article.php?article=16599

Hopefully not repost. I checked first but I havent seen it in here.

(Translated by me - I am not native speaker so please dont destroy me in comments ;) ).

EU startup Vivaldi today officialy announced their new web browser for personal computers. It is dirrected at advanced users.

Behind Vivaldi is the guy who was one of the authors of Opera and CEO of Opera Software (Jon von Tetzchner).

Opera was oriented for advanced users as well. But in 2013 when they switched from their render engine Presto to WebKit and later to Blink made by Google they greatly simplified the browser and a large amount of Opera users did not switched to it and stayed on older versions of Opera.

Vivaldi is also made on Blink engine and its UI is made by JavaScript, React and Node.js.

Developers want to offer functions for advanced users. First today relased version of Vivaldi supports key shortcuts, combine open tabs into groups, write notes to websites, integrating Speed Dial function and greatly allows to customize UI (for example change placement of tabs).

In future developers want to add support of synchronization between more devices, navigation trough web just by using keyboard, improving performance, support of addons and adding e-mail client.

You can download and try it for Windows, OS X and Linux at vivaldi.com

2015-01-27-vivaldi-2.png

I am using Opera (the new one, not the old one). I prefer it over Chrome as I find it run much faster (at least that is my personal experience). I was using old Opera as well and the thing that is missing for me is really just that e-mail client. If this goes well I may really switch to Vivaldi. Lets see.

Hmm might give this a whirl, I find it hard to trust new browsers though

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

sounds interesting. My Chromes all messed up so i'm having to use firefox  and I dislike it allot so a new browser to try might be just what the doctor calls for.

I dont like it at first glance...

a little bit too much space taken up by taskbars instead of webpage.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Another Chrome because there isn't a billion of those already.

It looks exactly like the Maxthon Browser.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Doesn't look that interesting. However if it has some nifty feature that makes the NSA and politicians cry about not being able to spy on me, then I will use it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Runs nicely.  Would be my new favourite browser, but I can't open a damn .html file!   Us web dev's need these things... ... ...

Seem cool alright, id like to see a review of it here on the forums :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

well well well, well. Im not sure what i think about it but im too lazy to use anything that isnt chrome at the moment, it takes too long to get used to another browser

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Another Chrome because there isn't a billion of those already.

It looks exactly like the Maxthon Browser.

Yes, Chrome totally has built-in e-mail client, mouse gestures, notes, all the other features, everything polished with 1st party support. Oh, and taking suggestions for development from strangers like myself.

Maxthon is just the worst browser I have installed (Vivaldi was added since), it's ridden with adware, cloud crap and whatnot. Nothx.

Plus it's not called "technological preview" just for the heck of it.

well well well, well. Im not sure what i think about it but im too lazy to use anything that isnt chrome at the moment, it takes too long to get used to another browser

What Chrome has that other Blink (or even Gecko) browsers don't? Other than Google integration and terrible performance, that is.

Plural of PC is PCs, not PC's. Plural of CPU is CPUs, not CPU's. Plural of LED is LEDs, not LED's.

You can build computers really well, not real good.

Been trying it for a couple hours now...I like it. It could use some improvements but it's good enough I'm considering switching to it. It's just a tech preview so we'll see how it goes...looking forward to mail integration.

I think i'll wait for it to mature for about four seasons. After that i might try it

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

It feels really lightweight compared to chrome. Thuogh with chrome i have apps installed.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Not sure ill ever be able to switch away from firefox, im too used to all my extensions and the way its set up. Tried doing it once before and either i couldnt find related extensions on other browsers or they impacted the performance enough i switched back.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

The tabs are a few pixels from being at the top based off that picture, so no thanks. I'll stick with chrome

FIRST! Looks interesting

where not on youtube ^^

Source: http://dsl.sk/article.php?article=16599

Hopefully not repost. I checked first but I havent seen it in here.

(Translated by me - I am not native speaker so please dont destroy me in comments ;) ).

EU startup Vivaldi today officialy announced their new web browser for personal computers. It is dirrected at advanced users.

Behind Vivaldi is the guy who was one of the authors of Opera and CEO of Opera Software (Jon von Tetzchner).

Opera was oriented for advanced users as well. But in 2013 when they switched from their render engine Presto to WebKit and later to Blink made by Google they greatly simplified the browser and a large amount of Opera users did not switched to it and stayed on older versions of Opera.

Vivaldi is also made on Blink engine and its UI is made by JavaScript, React and Node.js.

Developers want to offer functions for advanced users. First today relased version of Vivaldi supports key shortcuts, combine open tabs into groups, write notes to websites, integrating Speed Dial function and greatly allows to customize UI (for example change placement of tabs).

In future developers want to add support of synchronization between more devices, navigation trough web just by using keyboard, improving performance, support of addons and adding e-mail client.

You can download and try it for Windows, OS X and Linux at vivaldi.com

2015-01-27-vivaldi-2.png

I am using Opera (the new one, not the old one). I prefer it over Chrome as I find it run much faster (at least that is my personal experience). I was using old Opera as well and the thing that is missing for me is really just that e-mail client. If this goes well I may really switch to Vivaldi. Lets see.

thx awsome traduction

Was totes about to post about to post about this, but you beat me to it. Oh well!

Anyways, I've been using it for a little bit today, and it's pretty darn good so far. There are some noticeably absent features - such as no extension support at the moment - but that's being added in, as well as some other things.

I love how you can set your tab view to the sides instead of at the top, but when you do that, YouTube won't properly full screen. I'll give it slack for now since it's a technical preview.

All in all, it's a neat browser, and I really want some more of those features to be added in.

COMIC SANS

It's on Blink as well, dealbreaker.

I'm on Maxthon since the Opera betrayal and this is where I'll be staying.

Firefox is too slow and bloated, and everything Google related is digital plague. Maxthon is the only remaining alternative to becoming a monk in some mountain.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

That looks like a hot mess.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

It's should play classical music upon opening.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

It's cool but without extensions for things like add block....