Random restarts PLEASE HELP.

I have no idea whats happening, my computer will either freeze then restart, or go black then restart, somtimes it just happens, or Im using opera gx, it restarts, I open star citizen launcher, it restarts, I have no idea whats happening, I could update the bios, but would that work? Please help.

A couple of things to check first.

Download another browser and see if you have the same problem.

If so, purge everything related to your browser as uninstall has a "feature" that kindly leaves bits and pieces behind if you reinstall the same application. regardless of version.

And if you do update the BIOS of you have the option to go back to your current BIOS turn it on as there have been bad updated released or cause problems with your setup.

Also, run chkdsk /f c: to see if there is a problem with the disk.

Just now, Thomas4 said:

A couple of things to check first.

Download another browser and see if you have the same problem.

If so, purge everything related to your browser as uninstall has a "feature" that kindly leaves bits and pieces behind if you reinstall the same application. regardless of version.

And if you do update the BIOS of you have the option to go back to your current BIOS turn it on as there have been bad updated released or cause problems with your setup.

Also, run chkdsk /f c: to see if there is a problem with the disk.

It's fine on Microsoft edge, I'm gonna try to update the BIOS on Thursday, but I will try purging opera and check the disk.

Remove Opera, run checkdsk first and it will mark the blocks, of ant as bad, and won't allow those blocks to be written to. And since Opera is a much safer to use browser than Edge reinstall it.

10 minutes ago, Thomas4 said:

Remove Opera, run checkdsk first and it will mark the blocks, of ant as bad, and won't allow those blocks to be written to. And since Opera is a much safer to use browser than Edge reinstall it.

what does checkdsk do, I opened it and it went through code and closed

What the heck, I went back to my computer and now its running fine, WHATTT, should I still updat the bios anways?