Biggest misconception in technology?

That mining cards are slower/less reliable

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

More cores = better performance everywhere. I feel like AMD is kind of abusing this misconception with their 8 core CPU's, and octacores in smartphones are also trying to do the same.

I'm amazed this hasn't been brought up already, the classic 30fps+ makes no difference as your eye only see's 24fps.........

Now you mention it, that is indeed a really big one.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Black/Red colour schemes are the best and every company should make any product including motherboards, cases, GPUs and peripherals with the same, unoriginal, over-used, gamer centralised Red and Black scheme. 

Gigabyte Orange 4 lyfe <3

That higher numbers means that the product is better or faster

So my GT640 doesn't wipe the the floor with the GTX 590?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Another one that frustrates me is the 'More bass = better speakers/headphones' attitude, which tends to go hand in hand with 'why would you pay that much earphones?'

I seem to be a minority that enjoys balanced audio!

macs are shit.

I uses pc's however I switched to mac for 2 years and it was still good for some things.

Oh my lord, This seems like stuff one of my friends would say xD He thinks he knows a lot of computers but he really knows nothing, really annoying

yeah I have a friend like that too, he likes to brag about how his single 290x can run Battlefield 4 Ultra at 60+ fps at TRIPPLE 4K yeah sure.

The more RAM you have the more frames you'll have. I haven't even heard of a video card at the time -_-

That mining cards are slower/less reliable

How is that false?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

More vram instantly means better performance......

@huilun02

well when I was on hdd only battlefield 3 froze multiple times during play, with an ssd never freezes.

@caim1231

No-antivirus club 4 life

"there are 11 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, those who don't and those who think they do"

One that stands out is the Seagate hate brigade and their misinformed bashing campaign against one of the, if not the, best company making hard drives today.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Well yeah, I have no life :|.... Nah I just do this while watching a movie or something, to at least do something beneficial with my time

U can't forum while watching a movie. noob.

One of my friends told me that he saw someones pc that had 1TB of ram and when i told him that aint true and he wouldnt believe me It was 2years ago and he still thinks hes right.

@Tenge500

implying you cant be on the forum watching anime and be on steam at the same time

Nice location.

All quadros are faster at rendering than consumer cards.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

biggest misconception is taking care of you're computer keeps it fast

you should be deleting system32...duh!!

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

@Tenge500

thanks, it gets a bit cold here. :D

as for another misconception, you need an i7 for gaming, want to slap my friend for that, also that alienware makes good pcs, if anyone wants the explanation for that I will tell you.

Oh boy, here comes:

-> AMD gpus are always so much hotter than nvidia and drivers suck!111!!1!

-> Apple products are always better than any pc ever made

-> moar jiggahertz = faster

-> moar vram = faster gpu (dat 4gb 840m tho)

-> gaming tag = plays games better

-> moar TB = faster

-> consoles are made for gaming so they must be better than pcs for games

-> if something is more expensive, then it must be better (apple has been riding this misconception to the moon and back multiple times)

-> cheap smartphones suck

-> android is unoptimized

-> has an i7, therefore will max all games with a 30$ gpu

-> you can't build a pc you silly

-> tablets and smartphones can replace a pc (this is true for almost nobody. I know a lot of people who bought their tablet convinced they wouldn't need a pc anymore, then came begging me to suggest them something)

-> windows = preinstalled viruses, your pc will get infected in 2 minutes no matter what you do

-> macs get no viruses

-> linux is free, it must suck

-> you can't game on linux

-> better usb cables will make my pendrive faster

-> better hdmi cables will make my colours better

-> you need to spend 3000$ to buy a gaming pc

-> titans are gaming cards

-> watercoolers will leak and kill your system

-> If I buy this gpu that is twice as expensive it will certainly be futureproof and last me twice as long!

-> futureproof is a thing

I could go on forever.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

@Sauron

"Call in the reinforcements! Where are the elves? We need to take down that list before it swallows us whole!"

but really that's a long list.

@Sauron

"Call in the reinforcements! Where are the elves? We need to take down that list before it swallows us whole!"

but really that's a long list.

I could have been a lot longer ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

intel makes gpu's

They do, Intel GPUs are actually the most common. It's the Iris line of integrated graphics.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I love when people who think they know alot say "did you know that 4k is 3840 x 2160? Thats a lot of pixels" Because after they are done saying that, I completely crap on them and tell them that 4k is 4096 x 2160" Best feeling ever

That's... not correct.

There are two different (not necessarily competing, but just different) 4K standards.

There's the UHD home cinema HD 4K Standard: 3840 x 2160

And there's the DCI Cinema 4K Standard: 4096 x 2160

Both are correct, and both are "4K". Sorry to say that you're also perpetuating a misconception :P

Whether you disagree with the fact that there are two different standards, by two different bodies (Home Cinema standard vs Digital Theatre Cinema Standard), is a different story. But you cannot claim that UHD isn't 4K.

True 4K is 16:10, true 16:9 4k is still that res.

This.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)