Biggest misconception in technology?

that programming as a career field is a dream, to far away from reality to do. im tired of hearing "you THINK" or  "you HOPE" when ever i say im going into programming as a career field. like really, all the tech around dosnt work of fairy wishes and teddy bear dreams. 

that programming as a career field is a dream, to far away from reality to do. im tired of hearing "you THINK" or  "you HOPE" when ever i say im going into programming as a career field. like really, all the tech around dosnt work of fairy wishes and teddy bear dreams. 

If you're half decent, there's actually a TON of jobs available for programmers. Most of it is probably not very interesting, but you shouldn't have too much trouble if you're competent.

If you're above average/exceptional at programming, then you'll have some amazing opportunities available.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

While it isn't a misconception of my own, it is one I hear constantly!

Being the "techie" person, I get a lot of people coming to me to fix their computers. And every time they come to me and explain the problem and say "I think I have a virus". So the misconception is that every PC based problem is a "virus" as far as the general computer user knows. I always have a little chuckle to myself when they tell me they think they have a virus. Meanwhile their hard drive is failing or some other issue. 

CPU i5 4430 3Ghz | Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: GTX 650 Ti 1GB | Mobo: H87N-Wifi | Case: White Bitfenix Prodigy | Boot Drive: 120GB 840 Evo (Mac OS X) 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows) | Games Drive: 640GB WD Green | OS: Windows 8 & OS X 10.9.1

I love all technology. The perfection of macs for my designer side, and the hardware and fun of tinkering on the of the pc side. We can have it all, just not at the same time.

True 4K is 16:10, true 16:9 4k is still that res.

True 4K is about 17:9, it's wider than 16:9.

It's not a power plug.

It's a connector to two different potentials.

(Power is just the result of the current, produced by an Impedance connected to the different potentials.)

While it isn't a misconception of my own, it is one I hear constantly!

Being the "techie" person, I get a lot of people coming to me to fix their computers. And every time they come to me and explain the problem and say "I think I have a virus". So the misconception is that every PC based problem is a "virus" as far as the general computer user knows. I always have a little chuckle to myself when they tell me they think they have a virus. Meanwhile their hard drive is failing or some other issue. 

In their defense, it usually is the case (with people who think that).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

-TesseracT-, on 27 Jan 2015 - 01:24 AM, said:-TesseracT-, on 27 Jan 2015 - 01:24 AM, said:

True 4K is about 17:9, it's wider than 16:9.

true 4k would be 1x1

4000x4000

by your definition im running 4.3k

Spending more money on components will postpone your next P.C. build. 

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

For me it was a teacher of mine that thought building a PC yourself was much more expensive than buying an off the shelf PC. This was years ago, and it may have been true at the time, but apparently not anymore.

FairladyZ | If you want to reply to me, please quote my post! Idiocity, the best money wasting PC build ever!

For me it was a teacher of mine that thought building a PC yourself was much more expensive than buying an off the shelf PC. This was years ago, and it may have been true at the time, but apparently not anymore.

It was even less true years ago. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I can download more ghz and it will totally destoy your computer

I would like about 99999999999999999999ghz :)

I wonder where I can download usb 10 99tb of ram and a 1 million watt power supply :)

"the human eye cant see more than 30hz anyways so 120hz monitors are useless and a waste of money"

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

G-Sync requires a proprietary module to run at all.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

That you need a $200 monster HDMI cable to have maximum clarity on any tv you buy at best buy. 

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

actually one that isn't bullshit.... holding down the left shift key while loading a cd drops it into an alternate state.... this one actually bypasses a lot of copyright protection on modern music discs. Have had to do this a few times when copyright protection recoggnises the fact that you're running it on a computer and doesn't want to load.

Back in December 2011 I got the first Galaxy Note (N-7000). So I wanted to troll a bit and went to Media Markt (stupidest place to buy stuff, I never buy there, the people working there are so dumb) and showed them my phone and asked, do you have anything better? They went and wanted to sell me the Galaxy S2 lol. The Note smashed everything back then, everything.

Actually, even at $400 you can beat console performance. 

Motherboard: Asus A78M-E Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R7 250X 1GB Video Card  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Apex SK-393-C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($23.03 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($33.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($87.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $396.46 (or if you include rebates, then it would be $410 upfront and $350 after getting MIR back) 
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-24 18:33 EST-0500

You can beat consoles with a 250x?

Dont think so pal.

You need at least this to beat consoles.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($105.75 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: Biostar B85MG Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($44.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: Crucial 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($29.98 @ OutletPC)

Memory: Crucial 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($29.98 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.88 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card ($133.98 @ Newegg)

Case: Enermax Thorex ATX Mid Tower Case ($24.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $441.54

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-31 03:04 EST-0500

682823_0_original.jpgThis comes up when you look up CPU. This kind of thing happens everywhere around my country, even many computer teachers think that that big black thing you see here is a CPU

i wanted a mac for gaming.... because i thought they were good :(

I'm gaming on a macbook. It's shite