Does LTT hate Sony?

okannn_b
Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

The headphone thing was because I literally just wasn't paying attention and had no idea they should be in the shoot out - had tuned out of headphones for a bit. We already have sonny's offering on order for our upcoming surface headphones video. 

As for the TVs, it's not that they aren't good. They have some great stuff in their lineup and had arguably the best HDR TV while everyone was playing catch up last year.. But we don't cover them much for the same reason we don't cover their phones. No one cares..  

They've had stand-out features like the TV with vibrating front glass for speakers, but we go to CES every year, and cover Sony every year, and every year they say "let's get things fixed this year and start working together" then they flake out.

I tried for months to get a review unit of that TV. They were also the first to get the pitch for a killer project idea I had that I think will do better than World's Most Comfortable Gaming Setup, but they sat on ass for literally months and finally rejected it.

That last one was going to be sponsored so I get it if they couldn't do it, but they've been difficult to work with in editorial content as well. 

Even those SD cards I think I mentioned in the video that by the time they arrived they weren't new anymore... ?

Edit: funnily enough I just remembered we have a sponsored piece coming up for a Sony soundbar, lol. Good product, but given that sound bars are not a hot category for standalone reviews, it's not something we would have done on our own. 

It also highlights another issue - Lots of companies handle paid media engagement totally differently from editorial and might ALSO have different teams for different product lines and regions. Sony is one of those companies that we seem to fall into the "Canadians with an American audience" black hole with. 

So for that paid engagement we are dealing with an agency for Sony US, IIRC, but normally we wouldn't. 

Hopefully all of that helps :)

-When they talk about TVs they keep ignoring the Sony TVs which many reviewers and sites claim that they are the best of the best when it comes to picture quality.
-When they were talking about active noise-cancellation they ignored Sony X1000 series headphones which are a pair of headphones that some say are better than QC35s at active n-c and sound quality.
-When they were talking about GoPro Hero 4 they ignored Sony's action cam options at the time which were better than Hero 4s for sure.

I actually don't know why they did not cover Sony these sony products. Sony products considered the best by many and they are kept in spotlight by many when it comes talking about the best consumer electronics, TVs, headphones etc. I would really appriciate if they do cover them when needed, not because i personally enjoy or like sony products or anything like that but because they deserve to be included in the conversation if LTT is trying to cover and compare the best products for the people.

You're aware LTT lives from sponsoring and paid advertising, Sony has never been interested in paying LTT a dime so LTT has never been interesting in reviewing their products.

That's how business work.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

10 minutes ago, okannn_b said:

-When they talk about TVs they keep ignoring the Sony TVs 

They seem to only really cover TVs if they are super interesting or they are sponsored. 
Hate to say it, most of the LTT audience is kids or young adults, both of whom are not likely to have their own place or be interested in TVs as much, the YA crowd most often with room mates. Even if they did, they aren't spending sony TV money. They are buying Vizio, TCL etc. 
I bought a vizio TV A few years ago and still use it. Huge, low latency, all I care about. 

10 minutes ago, okannn_b said:

which many reviewers and sites claim that they are the best of the best when it comes to picture quality.

doesn't matter who says it, it's not true. Sony does not make their own panels. Per example I'm pretty sure the entire OLED line is LG.

They could possibly have the best post processing, but the first thing a channel like LTT is gonna look for is how to turn it off. 

What sony used to offer was tvs that were made with gaming in mind, and with the ability to make the TV low latency on old models- for a long time sony was one of the only name brands you could get with sub 40ms latency in almost all of their higher end offerings. Today though, most TVs are lower latency with the right options, or in the very least one is easy to find. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

This is a Paid-to-be-seen buisness.
unless they sponsore them, or unless they make something Reallly remarkable, meh, ltt will not even glance at it. and besides, TVs isin't really what LTT goes after.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

If you think there's a product LTT should review, you can suggest it in this thread.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

46 minutes ago, okannn_b said:

-When they talk about TVs they keep ignoring the Sony TVs which many reviewers and sites claim that they are the best of the best when it comes to picture quality.

Sony doesn't make TVs beside the super high end ones which uses panels from different manufactures. The rest are rebranded Sharp TVs.

-When they were talking about active noise-cancellation they ignored Sony X1000 series headphones which are a pair of headphones that some say are better than QC35s at active n-c and sound quality.

Sony got a reputation of making headphones with 0 trebble, 0 mids, 100 bass. So they got put of the picture for most people. So Boss comes into mind, not Sony.

I actually don't know why they did not cover Sony these sony products. Sony products considered the best by many and they are kept in spotlight by many when it comes talking about the best consumer electronics, TVs, headphones etc. I would really appriciate if they do cover them when needed, not because i personally enjoy or like sony products or anything like that but because they deserve to be included in the conversation if LTT is trying to cover and compare the best products for the people.

Beside PlayStaion, Sony is becomes more and more irrelevant on the consumer space (they are declining, is what I mean). Competition is very strong for Sony, on most consumer products, and they are having trouble keeping up, sadly.

Maybe sony just doesn't send them stuff to review, and you can't really expect them to go and buy every new high end television that comes out.

Also, you may have noticed they don't review individual brands of, say, graphics cards much anymore - this is partly because they are generally more interested in trying out things that do something new and/or weird than endless iterations of roughly the same thing. Sony may have very good TVs but, if they are basically identical to a comparable LG TV except they are slightly better in terms of image quality or something like that, they aren't terribly interesting.

In short, LTT writers are probably not interested enough in Sony's products to go out and buy them for review.

On a side note, I think Sony has been very hit or miss in the last few years. They haven't been the premium brand they think they are for a while now.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, shmoochie said:

yeah LTT is not a tech review channel its a pay us and we will promote i mean review it for you.

Not really, they have both promotions and reviews. When it's a promotion, it's clearly stated in the video description and within the video itself. With TVs it's often the latter, since they're not exactly their field, but that's not really a problem imo.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Sony as a brand is in decline. They've been losing market share in nearly every segment they used to hold weight in. The only areas, that I know of, where profitability and share is high is PlayStation, photo/video equipment, and car audio. Car audio has been declining in the recent years with many recommending Kenwood, Pioneer, and lesser known brands. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

4 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Sony as a brand is in decline. They've been losing market share in nearly every segment they used to hold weight in. The only areas, that I know of, where profitability and share is high is PlayStation, photo/video equipment, and car audio. Car audio has been declining in the recent years with many recommending Kenwood, Pioneer, and lesser known brands. 

I see a future where the playstation division will be the only division, along with the current ventures they have like vue in media streaming etc 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Sony has had some problems in the past few years with their Playstation division effectively carrying them.  Their phones do ok in Japan but ultimately lose out to Apple and sometimes even Samsung elsewhere they trail behind pretty handily.  Although I have to say their TVs do look very nice when I've been in the store a few times.

I love Sony, owned every PlayStation, Sony z3, and even got my sister a Sony laptop. 

Sadly these days Sony just ain't worth the effort, short breakdown why:

• Laptops, not available in any region, always a better device for the money.
  • Tablets, overpriced, and poorly supported by Sony.  Samsung, LG, Xiaomi have better value for money
  • Phones, After the Z3, they did what Oneplus did without competitive pricing, software support or allowing bootloader unlock.
  • Console, only thing competitively priced
  • Smart devices, better more compeitively  priced watches available.
  • TVs, everyone has already mentioned why
  • Headphones, bluetooth is good, Wired, there is always a better product from 60 upwards.

Sony just doesn't have the market share.

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

It sucks thats what LTT turned into, a sponsored mess. I haven't watched a LTT video in a long time because of this. 

I agree though, Sony headphones are the best. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

11 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I see a future where the playstation division will be the only division, along with the current ventures they have like vue in media streaming etc 

I'd rather see them fail since they take over companies, like Funimation, and then try to segregate those services further. Instead of trying to consolidate gamers on Xbox and PS, they would rather hold their market as ransom regardless of their users' desires. 

Funimation will no longer be on Crunchyroll even though Funi and CR have expressed interest in continuing their cooperation, due to Sony stepping in and keeping Funi as their own service. 

PlayStation users wanted to have crossplay for ages and Sony held out for nearly two years before Rocket League's push finally gained enough traction to get it done (it isn't up to developers to enable crossplay since Sony has put blocks from doing so). 

Their cameras are great, but they tend to overprice them worse than RED does. It almost amazes me that Olympus's downgrade of the OM-D M10 Mk2 to the 10 Mk3 is less idiotic than Sony's overall package.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

6 minutes ago, veldora said:

It sucks thats what LTT turned into, a sponsored mess. I haven't watched a LTT video in a long time because of this. 

I agree though, Sony headphones are the best. 

Sony headphones can only be considered good if you have never listened to a pair of headphones over $60

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

33 minutes ago, okannn_b said:

Could be because LG sends them stuff to check out, and is quite important partner for LMG (Ultrawide contest, all the presents for Linus etc.). I mean, they have checked cheaper Korean and Chinese TVs also, but nothing really from other major TV brands.

To be honest I've skipped Sony in headphones because they are often too bass heavy. But now I have 2 Sony audio products, neither with too much bass. See point below about marketing.

-When they were talking about GoPro Hero 4 they ignored Sony's action cam options at the time which were better than Hero 4s for sure.

As I see it, there's Apple-style issue. GoPro is market leader and innovator, rest are copying and haven't managed to put themselves at front. Hence less coverage unless their marketing and media relation staff actually starts to work. They could well do it like Dyson and send samples to all major Youtubers to test out.

Well, for longest time their main camera's were Sony. @BRollTheIntern's still camera might still be Sony...? So the problem is Sony who are mainly following the trends, not making them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

I'd rather see them fail since they take over companies, like Funimation, and then try to segregate those services further. Instead of trying to consolidate gamers on Xbox and PS, they would rather hold their market as ransom regardless of their users' desires. 

Funimation will no longer be on Crunchyroll even though Funi and CR have expressed interest in continuing their cooperation, due to Sony stepping in and keeping Funi as their own service. 

PlayStation users wanted to have crossplay for ages and Sony held out for nearly two years before Rocket League's push finally gained enough traction to get it done (it isn't up to developers to enable crossplay since Sony has put blocks from doing so). 

Their cameras are great, but they tend to overprice them worse than RED does. It almost amazes me that Olympus's downgrade of the OM-D M10 Mk2 to the 10 Mk3 is less idiotic than Sony's overall package.

Oh I do hate them. I hate microsoft's gaming division more, but I hate every part of sony too. 

muh specs 

All parts black

26 minutes ago, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

I love Sony, owned every PlayStation, Sony z3, and even got my sister a Sony laptop. 

Sadly these days Sony just ain't worth the effort, short breakdown why:

• Laptops, not available in any region, always a better device for the money.
  • Tablets, overpriced, and poorly supported by Sony.  Samsung, LG, Xiaomi have better value for money
  • Phones, After the Z3, they did what Oneplus did without competitive pricing, software support or allowing bootloader unlock.
  • Console, only thing competitively priced
  • Smart devices, better more compeitively  priced watches available.
  • TVs, everyone has already mentioned why
  • Headphones, bluetooth is good, Wired, there is always a better product from 60 upwards.

Sony just doesn't have the market share.

Just to say, Sony no longer makes computers since 2014. "Japan Industrial Partners" is the company that bough the brand and devision and now making systems.

It is a private company that specializes in buying brands/companies/company divisions, etc. for dirt cheap (usually they have no buyers or not much interesting offers), but they see potential, and know that they can turn it around over a number of years, and resale it at a higher value, making their money back, plus profit, and focuses on another company. At worst, if there is they can't do it, usually these firms will sale the company/division/etc in small parts making their money back, or the most they can, and usually licenses the brand if there is interest.

Just now, GoodBytes said:

Just to say, Sony no longer makes computers since 2014. "Japan Industrial Partners" is the company that bough the brand and now making systems. It is a private company that specializes in buying brands/companies/company divisions, etc. for dirt cheap (usually they have no buyers or not much interesting offers), but they know that they can, over a number of years, turn around the brand/products/company and resale it at a higher value, making their money back, plus profit, and focuses on another company. At worst, if there is they an't do it, usually these firms will sale the company/division/etc in small parts making their money back, plus profit, and usually licenses the brand if there is interest.

Explains why I have't seen one in a while, thanks for the information.

30 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

You're awake LTT lives from sponsoring and paid advertising, Sony has never been interested in paying LTT a dime so LTT has never been interesting in reviewing their products.

That's how business work.

I wouldn't necessarily call this true. While I dislike the amount of sponsored stuff on the channel as much as you do, that's not the only reason here. LTT reviews stuff they know will be popular, and that will earn them views. That's still motivated by business, yes, but not just sponsorships. I think a better answer here might be that they won't review Sony stuff because Sony stuff isn't a big launch and isn't really worth the effort of making a video on it.

it's time

I think Sony biggest mistake was similar to Dell several years ago, where they made very low cost products to the consumer market.

This has resulted in consumers associating the brand with the experience they got.

For example, if you bought, say, 30$ Sony headphones. You'll associate Sony with crappy sounding headphones and that brakes within a few months. So people don't look at Sony premium, better made, headphones. VAIO budget laptops where very poorly made, where they often cracked, and had poor cooling, like Dell really inexpensive systems, and people associated Sony/Dell with cheap quality. Now, Dell turning private, refocused their energy in more premium products, and they are slowly repairing their image. Sony, sadly is having a hard time turning things around. I am sure now they make great products, but people have in their mind their terrible value for the price they got, and their unimpressive quality.

Another example: What if I say: HP. I doubt you think of HP as machines with solid build quality and great experience.

You think of glossy lid laptops, terrible manufacture drivers, terrible trackpads, junk junk junk junk preinstalled. This is because HP were pushing these horrible system back in Vista days, to make low cost Vista machines that everyone bought due to their low price. They made everything, 512MB systems on an OS that needed 2GB, terrible GPUs that could not handle Aero (glass effect of Vista), overheating system...every corner that could be cut, they made it. They sold very well, but now their image is so bad, they changed their logo, and now trying to change their brand image.

The headphone thing was because I literally just wasn't paying attention and had no idea they should be in the shoot out - had tuned out of headphones for a bit. We already have sonny's offering on order for our upcoming surface headphones video. 

As for the TVs, it's not that they aren't good. They have some great stuff in their lineup and had arguably the best HDR TV while everyone was playing catch up last year.. But we don't cover them much for the same reason we don't cover their phones. No one cares..  

They've had stand-out features like the TV with vibrating front glass for speakers, but we go to CES every year, and cover Sony every year, and every year they say "let's get things fixed this year and start working together" then they flake out.

I tried for months to get a review unit of that TV. They were also the first to get the pitch for a killer project idea I had that I think will do better than World's Most Comfortable Gaming Setup, but they sat on ass for literally months and finally rejected it.

That last one was going to be sponsored so I get it if they couldn't do it, but they've been difficult to work with in editorial content as well. 

Even those SD cards I think I mentioned in the video that by the time they arrived they weren't new anymore... ?

Edit: funnily enough I just remembered we have a sponsored piece coming up for a Sony soundbar, lol. Good product, but given that sound bars are not a hot category for standalone reviews, it's not something we would have done on our own. 

It also highlights another issue - Lots of companies handle paid media engagement totally differently from editorial and might ALSO have different teams for different product lines and regions. Sony is one of those companies that we seem to fall into the "Canadians with an American audience" black hole with. 

So for that paid engagement we are dealing with an agency for Sony US, IIRC, but normally we wouldn't. 

Hopefully all of that helps :)

I recently had my own issues with LMG reviews, but posts like this are just so silly. It's a huge leap from "not covered" to "they hate Sony".

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440