GAMINGGUY
6 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

Omg the PS Vita ?

image.png.f6fc1f9feb45684dff08b461e7457595.png

NO THAT IS A BAD PORT BAAAAAD NEVER BRING THAT UP

BAAD

ps3 port is great tho

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

if you have to ask your parents for permission to play a game, she is probably right about you being too young to play it.

im over 13

That game is stupid not violent, don't play it unless you want to become a shitty spoiled brat who yells over the mic and fails school.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

9 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

show them doom 2016 and either get to play fornite or never get to play another vidya gaem again 

Soldier of Fortune 2.

#Muricaparrotgang

I'm afraid you can't do anything about that really. Your mother thinks that the game is too violent for you and most likely she won't listen to anything that you say, no matter how right you are. You'll just have to do as she says.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

It's up to the parent and the game community. I have a 12 year old who is more mature than most, so I don't mind him playing some online games. As a gamer myself, I steer him away from games I know have a more toxic community, plus I am in the room with him when he plays. 

I trust him, I don't trust other people. 

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

On 10/1/2018 at 9:27 PM, GAMINGGUY said:

cant play fortnite cuz my mom says is too violent pls help me explain why its not that bad

Mam right, fortnite violent, play other games.

Ni no Kuni 2 good game, not too violent, USK12

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

No disrespect OP but if you're young enough that you have your parents on your back about the type of games you play, you probably shouldn't be playing Fortnite. You probably won't win this fight. Speaking from experience, if your parents are restrictive enough that they're getting on you in the first place about this, they're probably not gonna budge on the matter. Plus, look on the bright side. There's plenty of amazing games that aren't violent at all. Go play some Forza (or whatever racing game fits your liking), Super Mario 64, Pokemon, or Hollow Knight. They may seem lame at first but trust me, you'll eventually get sucked into them and begin to love 'em.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

15 hours ago, Supportsneedlove said:

Come on dude! That's like 70 per cent of the player base! 

In terms of fanbase Fortnite is the new Minecraft. Awesome game with a pretty good dev, terrible fanbase of clickbaity YouTubers and 12 year olds so cringey it's pain-inducing.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

On 10/1/2018 at 10:08 PM, JZStudios said:

Soldier of Fortune 2.

Nah show her Spec Ops The Line. She'll be so traumatized by the horrors she's inflicted upon her fellow man she won't notice you playing Fortnite

evil-patrick.jpg

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

My mom says "FortnITe ToO VioLENt"

"FortnITe ToO VioLENt"

If that's how you represent your mother, then you're too immature to be playing violent games

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

4 hours ago, HingaDingaDurgen said:

Nah show her Spec Ops The Line. She'll be so traumatized by the horrors she's inflicted upon her fellow man she won't notice you playing Fortnite

evil-patrick.jpg

Spec Ops is both not near as violent as SOF2, nor is it frankly a very good game.

I mean...

https://youtu.be/hml7xuVlHaU

#Muricaparrotgang

On 10/1/2018 at 3:37 PM, Razor Blade said:

A game where you run around and shoot other players is by definition violent. Your mother is correct on that. Why she will not let you play is her reason alone and while I could suggest some talking points to you, it is ultimately up to your mother to decide what is best for you while you live under her roof.

1. If the reason you want to play is because your friends play, you may be able to make a point about it.
  2. If you show that you're mature enough that a game like that would not affect you in a negative way, it could help change her mind.
  3. Speak to her about it. Explain to her if you know the difference between cartoon violence and real violence.

These are not guarantees of course but might help to give you ideas to better establish communication instead of an "because I said so" type of answer.

Video games aren't actual violence. They're artistic depictions of violence. 

There's a difference. 

just explain to her “mom, i am not gonna go fight 100 people in a fight to the death, you do not have to worry about it influencing me to do it. in fact, there is a least chance i will if you let me play it. think about that”

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I doubt you'll win this battle.  Even if your mom is being unreasonable about this, she's still paying for the house you live in and all the food you eat.  Just tough it out and play something else for another couple years.  Once you reach an age where you can find some part time work and earn yourself some money, I'm sure you'll prove that you're mature enough to handle such a game.

12 minutes ago, Majinhoju said:

that you're mature enough to handle such a game.

to mature to play such a game

FTFY

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

On 10/1/2018 at 8:37 PM, OnyxArmos said:

I think that Fortnite should have a parental option to change all the models into robots, because that usually lowers the age rating of a game substantially. I mean, look at what the European Union did to Contra so that they could sell it in Germany... I'm pretty sure that the entire TF2 models were changed to robots originally for the German version too.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.1a2c4c4030ae513db7905e00b429cf1a.png

I remember the controversy about L4D2 being so heavily sensored in Australia.

Also, there is a server option in TF2 to make people explode into confetti, as opposed to the bloodied gibs that normally happen

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

4 hours ago, JabroniBaloney said:

Video games aren't actual violence. They're artistic depictions of violence. 

There's a difference. 

Splitting hairs won't help the teenage poster in this thread asking for advise in convincing his mother to play fortnite. Violence is violence whether real in a live leak video, fake in a movie, or animated in a video game.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Razor Blade said:

Splitting hairs won't help the teenage poster in this thread asking for advise in convincing his mother to play fortnite. Violence is violence whether real in a live leak video, fake in a movie, or animated in a video game.

You're just wrong. Pixels can not be violent. Choreographed scenes in movies are not actual violence. 

5 hours ago, JabroniBaloney said:

You're just wrong. Pixels can not be violent. Choreographed scenes in movies are not actual violence. 

That is your opinion on the matter. Which you're entitled to. The fact is that the content in fortnite irrefutably involves the portrayal of violence when you kill other characters. To say otherwise would be incorrect. The question risen here is how to convince a parental figure that the portrayal of violence in the video game is not harmful not whether or not the violence in fortnite is considered real or fake or artistic renditions.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler