My mom says "FortnITe ToO VioLENt" PLS HELP

GAMINGGUY
1 minute ago, Velcade said:

So many whiny kids on LTT today.

My advice: Lawyer up, Delete Facebook, Hit the gym.

I dont have facebook and I already go to the jim so whats your point

Just now, OnyxArmos said:

I've always found this interesting. When I was little, my mum had absolutely no issue with me playing Ratchet & Clank because you were killing aliens and robots - but as soon as I asked if I could play games like Streetfighter I couldn't because they were people???

yes?

if you have to ask your parents for permission to play a game, she is probably right about you being too young to play it.

IF you are under 12, just listen to her. If you are over 13 literally write an essay on the reason why you should be able to play it and why it isn't violent. Plus let me add that everyone else is playing it is not a valid argument and fortnite is also trash

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

show them doom 2016 and either get to play fornite or never get to play another vidya gaem again 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

A game where you run around and shoot other players is by definition violent. Your mother is correct on that. Why she will not let you play is her reason alone and while I could suggest some talking points to you, it is ultimately up to your mother to decide what is best for you while you live under her roof.

1. If the reason you want to play is because your friends play, you may be able to make a point about it.
  2. If you show that you're mature enough that a game like that would not affect you in a negative way, it could help change her mind.
  3. Speak to her about it. Explain to her if you know the difference between cartoon violence and real violence.

These are not guarantees of course but might help to give you ideas to better establish communication instead of an "because I said so" type of answer.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

Tell them to play a classic game like Twisted Metal and let them compare it to Fortnite :)

You're probably not going to change your mother's mind on the fact it is a violent game.

You will have a better chance by proving your responsibility and ability to separate reality from fiction, and explain it's a good outlet for your frustrations.

You do this by acting mature and not posting on forums whining about your mom, for starters.

For real, the best way to approach is to ask her to watch you play for 20-30 minutes, and make a decision based upon what she sees from you, the other players, and the environment as a whole.

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

48 minutes ago, Razor Blade said:

A game where you run around and shoot other players is by definition violent. Your mother is correct on that. Why she will not let you play is her reason alone and while I could suggest some talking points to you, it is ultimately up to your mother to decide what is best for you while you live under her roof.

1. If the reason you want to play is because your friends play, you may be able to make a point about it.
  2. If you show that you're mature enough that a game like that would not affect you in a negative way, it could help change her mind.
  3. Speak to her about it. Explain to her if you know the difference between cartoon violence and real violence.

These are not guarantees of course but might help to give you ideas to better establish communication instead of an "because I said so" type of answer.

seriously Im surprised how "normal" it's considered for kids like 9 years old to play it. Young kids playing shooters was always a thing if their parents didn't care but this is somehow 100% normal for you 9 ear old to play online shooters? Even without the shooting part 9 is a bit young for online cancer exposure. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Just show her a game. She'll eb the judge of whether it's too violent or not. Since she's your mom, you should listen to her opinion rather than just do it while she's gone.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, OnyxArmos said:

Speaking of Ratchet and Clank, I just reminded myself of the beautiful title names that we didn't get over here in Europe for reasons you can probably guess...

image.png.0e1f573d3ea4e4a76f40cf18e2261fa6.pngimage.png.22a754da1d1f01f7bc4ab2c6139e40c2.pngimage.png.9f7bebc259ef785bdc16fdfe88e03a40.pngimage.png.c360d196e6c6a957ebab8f5a108e7741.png

That's a great duo! but let us not forget..!

Image result for jak and daxter

Such a tread to read truw :D 

@zombienerd Thats the wee to go for sure.

Also how old are you because if you need permission to play games maby wait until your older ?

"i reject your reality and substitute my own"

--- Workstion --- GamePc ---   

"College great Dropout Engineering"

17 minutes ago, GAMINGGUY said:

cant play fortnite cuz my mom says is too violent pls help me explain why its not that bad

Probably should listen to your mother. If not she should give you first hand knowledge of the violence you feel you are missing out on.

13 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

I've always found this interesting. When I was little, my mum had absolutely no issue with me playing Ratchet & Clank because you were killing aliens and robots - but as soon as I asked if I could play games like Streetfighter I couldn't because they were people???

that's simple actually. your mom knew there was no chance of you shooting aliens in the real world.

you CAN shoot people in the real world. Which aliens and robots, etc, it's perceived as the pleasure is derived from the thrill of aiming and being in control, whereas the perceived joy of shooting people is just that, which is worrisome if you don't game and realize that we don't want to shoot humans, we just like shooting and playing games. We can separate the two, despite popular belief.

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

9 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

seriously Im surprised how "normal" it's considered for kids like 9 years old ot play it. Young kids playing shooters was always a thing if their parents didn't care but this is somehow 100% normal for you 9 ear old to play online shooters? Even without the shooting part 9 is a bit young for online cancer exposure. 

I have no idea what the Fortnite player base is like so you may have a point there. Though what I find more scary is how many little kids seem to have access to snapchat, FB, and Twitter...

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Razor Blade said:

I have no idea what the Fortnite player base is like so you may have a point there. Though what I find more scary is how many little kids seem to have access to snapchat, FB, and Twitter...

pretty much. 

When I was young (and this was before most major socal media platforms were popular) I kept anonymous and stuck to forums and irc. TBF, had I not been prepared in the way I was, I was probably way too young to be online. 11-12~ is too young for the shit I saw. 

muh specs 

All parts black

maybe it's because I was raised by two parents who came from shitty families and overcame those difficulties but I was exposed to gta when I was 5

how the hell are parents thinking that fortnite is too violent

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

35 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

Speaking of Ratchet and Clank, I just reminded myself of the beautiful title names that we didn't get over here in Europe for reasons you can probably guess...

image.png.0e1f573d3ea4e4a76f40cf18e2261fa6.pngimage.png.22a754da1d1f01f7bc4ab2c6139e40c2.pngimage.png.9f7bebc259ef785bdc16fdfe88e03a40.pngimage.png.c360d196e6c6a957ebab8f5a108e7741.png

I got Size Matters on my PS Vita when that was still a thing about 10-11 years ago.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I remember back in the days when I had to sneak in Mortal Kombat II and Killer Instinct to play them and hide them when my parents were home. Oh boy, how time fly ?.

Current Build: SD-DESK-07

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy // PSU: SeaSonic SS-650RM // Motherboard: P8Z77-I DELUXE // CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k // Cooler: Corsair H80i // RAM: Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 2X8GB DDR3 1600MHz // SSD: Crucial M500 240GB // Video: EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti SC 2GB

You aren't missing out on anything by not playing Fortnite. Spend your time playing a good game, like Team Fortress 2.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Challenger her to a duo. 

Idk, I grew up running people over in gta and messing with prostitutes. I grew up fine now. I'm a lot more mature than the normal fucktards of highschool doing drugs and texting and driving. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

2 minutes ago, Tribalinius said:

I remember back in the days when I had to sneak in Mortal Kombat II and Killer Instinct to play them and hide them when my parents were home. Oh boy, how time fly ?.

While listening to "Bad Habit" by The Offspring and "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails