My mom says "FortnITe ToO VioLENt" PLS HELP

GAMINGGUY
On 10/1/2018 at 1:27 PM, GAMINGGUY said:

cant play fortnite cuz my mom says is too violent pls help me explain why its not that bad

Reminds me of how my mom let me get Battlefield 4 when I was in 4th grade but even to this day I can't get GTA. Big dumb. 

My argument is simple. I would just tell her that you can dress up as sharks and bunny rabbits in fortnite or a actual living tomato and that the game is cartoonish. You could also show her the common sense media page for fortnite which recommends a certain age (assuming that it supports your argument). You could also try and compare it to games you already play (but be careful because if it backfires you might loose those games as well).

On 10/1/2018 at 3:27 PM, GAMINGGUY said:

cant play fortnite cuz my mom says is too violent pls help me explain why its not that bad

play brutal duke nukem and brutal doom instead then lol.

On 10/1/2018 at 3:27 PM, GAMINGGUY said:

She just wants you to be outside more, that's it.

On 10/7/2018 at 8:25 AM, Brick1026 said:

My argument is simple. I would just tell her that you can dress up as sharks and bunny rabbits in fortnite or a actual living tomato and that the game is cartoonish. You could also show her the common sense media page for fortnite which recommends a certain age (assuming that it supports your argument). You could also try and compare it to games you already play (but be careful because if it backfires you might loose those games as well).

You right bruh, your the only one thats actually helped

17 hours ago, PacketMan said:

Just find another videogame. See? Done.

Ask her what does she think a violent videogame is, show them that videogames don't actually teach how to be violent and just be patient. Most parents don't know about videogames, and seeing their son sticked to the monitor, being whiny and ""violent"" because they are concerned about your health...

Just talk to your mother, sit down and talk to each other about your concerns.

THXXXXXX

On 10/4/2018 at 12:13 AM, JZStudios said:

Spec Ops is both not near as violent as SOF2, nor is it frankly a very good game.

I mean...

https://youtu.be/hml7xuVlHaU

Gameplay wise Spec Ops is pretty standard as far as modern military shooters go, but its story was incredible. It was one of the first times a game has actually managed to make me truly feel for a character and question the morality of what I was doing.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

20 hours ago, HingaDingaDurgen said:

Gameplay wise Spec Ops is pretty standard as far as modern military shooters go, but its story was incredible. It was one of the first times a game has actually managed to make me truly feel for a character and question the morality of what I was doing.

Yeah, but it's a forced thing. I guess I get that's what they're going for, but when you really look at it and think about it it falls apart. There's a few parts that really stand out.

1. Is where there's some people being hanged and I think you can choose whether or not to shoot them. If you do, Surprise, they were dead and your crazy! If you don't Surprise! You're a terrible person for some reason and your crazy! They also were actually alive?

2. There's another point where you can choose whether or not to shoot at American troops for... some reason and the same kind of crap happens.

3. The incendiary mortar or whatever on the civvies. It was pretty self evident to more keen eyed players and the game forces you to do it. There's no way around it. My first time I knew it was civvies and being forced to do something to have the game go "Look what you did! You monster!" hits me about as hard as GladOS in Portal

It might more sense to bring all that stuff up if you were alone, but you have a team who apparently thinks you're crazy but shoots corpses, American forces, and civvies without saying... anything...

It might also make more sense if the American forces were legitimately just the bad guy that went corrupt... I guess... by the big mostly unexplained sandstorm apocalypse or whatever.... But the game tries to make that not the case, even though they shoot you on sight and... it's just kind of dumb and doesn't really make sense.

#Muricaparrotgang

@GAMINGGUY It's a parent thing and trust me there's no way I can explain it to you until you reach a certain age, unfortunately; unless you can make a good argument to counter your parents point of view you are just going to have to live with their decision until you're old enough to make your own choices. Doesn't mean your parents are correct it just means they have their reasons and you have to find a way to live with it or convince them otherwise in a manner that they can accept.

We can give you good points of argument but without knowing the reasons your parents have against your playing the game, our suggestions may or may not be of good value to you.

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

@GAMINGGUY It's a parent thing and trust me there's no way I can explain it to you until you reach a certain age, unfortunately; unless you can make a good argument to counter your parents point of view you are just going to have to live with their decision until you're old enough to make your own choices. Doesn't mean your parents are correct it just means they have their reasons and you have to find a way to live with it or convince them otherwise in a manner that they can accept.

We can give you good points of argument but without knowing the reasons your parents have against your playing the game, our suggestions may or may not be of good value to you.

One of the reasons why I really enjoyed turning 18 :P.

Being able to make decisions for yourself without somebody stopping you and then having to deal with the consequences of it is great.  Mind you, I was able to play violent video games for a while before I was 18 with my parent's permission. I started playing Battlefield and GTA when I was around 15.

Definitely a place where I feel like most parents fail to properly prepare their children is in responsibility and making decisions (and then dealing with the consequences of those decisions).

Parents can be as strict as they want while their kids live with them but the second they're out the door they'll do everything the parents didn't want them to and act rebellious.

Parents imho are usually either too strict (by a large amount) or wayyyyy too "laisez faire".

I definitely do feel a lot more mature than others my age. Then again, I find that conversations about mature topics like alcohol and sex usually end up quite immature and weird.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

11 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Definitely a place where I feel like most parents fail to properly prepare their children is in responsibility and making decisions (and then dealing with the consequences of those decisions).

Very true, as a parent myself it is difficult to balance how to deal with each situation with each child as for example the same situation and solution does not work always with each child.  Teaching responsibility is very difficult as well, young age children take well to the good manners and behavior until on average 5-6 it changes as their perception of the world they know changes. 

I could go on but i could write a book and not be able to fully pfovide answers on this subject.

Life is.... like a box of chocolate......lol.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER