Cleaning fungus out of a rad

So a while back my pump failed in my alphacool eiswolf. Saw weird floaty white bits in its little reservoir and did a rma.

Alphacool had a look at it and noticed that there was a batch of coolers with too little biocide and refunded me quite soon. I alsp got the broken "aio" (its a mini loop you can build into whatever) back and let it be since I already got a cooler for my system in the meantime.

Now its been 8 months and I decided to just buy the 20€ pump and get the 360 goin again. Pump and tubes are clean did an anti fungal treatment. Just euhh have an issue with the rad.

So they didnt refill it after checking and the rad is now a chunk of fungus inside. Any advice on removing it? Did a bit of bleach and there is some flow but well defo not great. Anything recomended before I go full plumber mode?

Its the full copper btw hence why I wanna keep it.

i mean if its fungus its probably still alive and theres probably moisture still in the rad keeping it alive

maybe you can just dry it out with a heatgun or something just straight up cook the insides and dry it out of any water, the fungus will probably shrink alot once its fully dry so maybe itll be easier to remove

5 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

i mean if its fungus its probably still alive and theres probably moisture still in the rad keeping it alive

maybe you can just dry it out with a heatgun or something just straight up cook the insides and dry it out of any water, the fungus will probably shrink alot once its fully dry so maybe itll be easier to remove

Aight time to use the deadly lazer in the sky and a heatgun to my favour!

Good point shrooms shrink when dehydrated didnt think about that yet

Flush it out as best you can with distilled water, then fill the rad with isopropyl alcohol and let it sit for a while. That should kill just about anything in there.

After a couple days, drain the alcohol out and flush it again with distilled water.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Also don't forget that whatever you put in there, be it alcohol, biocide, CLR, or whatever, because the fungus is attached and inaccessible, you'll need to shake the thing hard and often to break up the fungi.  Like, if you have access to a paint mixer, you might want to consider it, lol.  Once you drain it, you'll need to do the same thing a second time, because trust me, fungal spores are VERY resilient, and will cling around through about anything you can do if you can't directly get to them (such as in a rad), so the extra time and treatments, plus a heavy handed biocide in your loop going forward, will set you up right.