Looking for a cheap Windows laptop with 10+ hours battery life

Hey all, I'm looking to get a new laptop and I'd love suggestions.

I would prefer a laptop without a dedicated GPU for the lower cost, lower noise, and better battery life.

I don't need lots of power as this would be mostly for taking notes, web browsing, and conference calls.  I would like a great webcam.

I am a HUGE fan of taller screens and I'd like to avoid 16x9.

Size-wise 14" to 16" is the sweet spot for me.  I like bigger screens, but I'd like to keep the weight down to 2-4 lbs.

I'd like the battery to last realistically for 10+ hours with constant use.  I currently have an Asus g14 and, while people claim that it gets good battery life, it gets about 3-4 hours which is no good as I often teach 8 hour seminars.

Lastly, I am not interested in Apple products.

Budget?

7-8 hours on a g14 is possible if using power saving and having like a word dock open.

Else yeah good luck most devices just dont do that. We have big battery very efficient lenovo's and dells at work as well as some m2 macbooks and at best its 8 hours with really light use on the win machines and well 11 on the m2's.

Any powerpoint or video and tough luck neither tends to make it.

No chargimg point in the lecture halls? If not we have use some battery banks at work when the devices will be out for a longggg time. A 80wh battery bank doesnt weigh much and will easily get your current device another 4+hours

51 minutes ago, eraigames said:

Hey all, I'm looking to get a new laptop and I'd love suggestions.

I would prefer a laptop without a dedicated GPU for the lower cost, lower noise, and better battery life.

I don't need lots of power as this would be mostly for taking notes, web browsing, and conference calls.  I would like a great webcam.

I am a HUGE fan of taller screens and I'd like to avoid 16x9.

Size-wise 14" to 16" is the sweet spot for me.  I like bigger screens, but I'd like to keep the weight down to 2-4 lbs.

I'd like the battery to last realistically for 10+ hours with constant use.  I currently have an Asus g14 and, while people claim that it gets good battery life, it gets about 3-4 hours which is no good as I often teach 8 hour seminars.

Lastly, I am not interested in Apple products.

Might I ask what you need a dedicated GPU for? 

Genuinely, it sounds like an iPad would fulfill 95% of the requirements very well. Amazing battery life, great screen, lightweight, portable, great selfie cam, and can be hooked up to a battery bank if needed.

9 hours ago, jaslion said:

Budget?

7-8 hours on a g14 is possible if using power saving and having like a word dock open.

Else yeah good luck most devices just dont do that. We have big battery very efficient lenovo's and dells at work as well as some m2 macbooks and at best its 8 hours with really light use on the win machines and well 11 on the m2's.

Any powerpoint or video and tough luck neither tends to make it.

No chargimg point in the lecture halls? If not we have use some battery banks at work when the devices will be out for a longggg time. A 80wh battery bank doesnt weigh much and will easily get your current device another 4+hours

I'm hoping not to spend more than 1100 USD.  I'll look into a battery bank, but do you have any laptop recommendations?  Thanks!

8 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Might I ask what you need a dedicated GPU for? 

Genuinely, it sounds like an iPad would fulfill 95% of the requirements very well. Amazing battery life, great screen, lightweight, portable, great selfie cam, and can be hooked up to a battery bank if needed.

Oh, I guess that I should have been more clear.  I do not want a dedicated GPU.  I'd like to get a Windows device since the ecosystems at work and at home are both Windows and Apple stuff doesn't play nicely with either.