Are you religious?

Sammael

Just curious what you all think.

A word on my jab at people choosing agnostic (feel free to choose it if that is what you consider yourself first and foremost).  Agnostic is a claim about knowledge, theism/atheism is a claim about belief.  You can be an agnostic atheist, but saying you are agnostic kind of sidesteps the question about what you do and don't believe.

EDITED BY LINUS - all I did was add a "who cares" option to the end of the poll.

... also that note above this text about what I added

... and that 2nd note too...

... I guess this could go on forever...

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

I kinda wish OP's could lock their own threads, but allow people to vote in polls anyway. Thus allowing people to vote in such a poll as this (controversial, to say the least), without worrying about what might or might not happen in the thread itself.

That'd be great. Not that anything is going to happen in this thread. We've had civil discussions before. But we don't always have them. Just saying.

Slick LinusTech Windspeed36 Glenwing

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I miss an option for people who don't care about religions. 

System:
4670k@4,7Ghz <fully stable ( and 5Ghz, incredible unstable)| Asus Maximus VI Hero | G.Skill TridentX 16GB 2400Mhz C10 | AMD XFX R9 290 OC'ed (locked, Elpida) Cooled by a Kraken G10&X40 w/ NF-A14 | NZXT Phantom 530 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Samsung EVO 250GB | Cooler Master V850 | QNIX QX2710 @110Hz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | Ducky Shine 3 ^^ | Madcatz R.A.T. 5 | Brainwavz Delta's |

added that option for you. If enough people don't care, then maybe we'll just lock it.

I dunno either, we have had a few topics that have survived.  I guess if the extremists and the haters all avoid posting it will be fine.

EDIT: what about agnostic theist?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That should be added imo, very valuable information in a discussion such as this.

Well, I would hazard a guess that you are not a theist in that case, so you should go for the non-theist option (a-theist) which encompasses everyone who isn't a theist :)

@Vitalius I will try to keep an eye on things, and will note your suggestion

added that option for you. If enough people don't care, then maybe we'll just lock it.

is there no way to lock the topic but keep the poll open?

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Well, I would hazard a guess that you are not a theist in that case, so you should go for the non-theist option (a-theist) which encompasses everyone who isn't a theist :)

@Vitalius I will try to keep an eye on things, and will note your suggestion

I don't think it was meant in that sense, but more so that people get too worked up over religion for no reason and it gets to a point you either can't take them seriously or you just have to ignore it because it's not a serious discussion in any sense anymore.

is there no way to lock the topic but keep the poll open?

this would be awesome, I wanted to do that for another topic.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Vitalius I will try to keep an eye on things, and will note your suggestion

Thanks. Just thought it would be nice.

Then again, unless people knew they could lock it but still have people vote in the poll anyway without having to be told, it'd be useless as no one would use that feature. Then again, some people look for that feature, so they might find it. 

Plus you'd then have to have the thread bumped every time someone voted, or it would never be bumped (except by the OP possibly). 

Ugh. Why must my suggestions be so intensive. Oh well.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Thanks. Just thought it would be nice. Then again, unless people knew they could lock it but poll anyway without having to be told, it'd be useless. And you'd then have to have the thread bumped every time someone voted, or it would never be bumped (except by the OP possibly). 

Everything is big in Texas. Even suggestions.

because you are an intense person  :P  :D 

Everything is big in Texas. Even suggestions.

Wanting your cake and eating it too can just be too much sometimes. Even for Texas. 

Also, that quote is staying. Forever. The internet never forgets. :D

† Christian Member †

I don't think it was meant in that sense, but more so that people get too worked up over religion for no reason and it gets to a point you either can't take them seriously or you just have to ignore it because it's not a serious discussion in any sense anymore.

Hm, you could be right

As long as people don't shove their opinions down my throat IDGAF.... I know a couple of hardcore Christians (?) and they get a tad annoying with "praise God" "being gay is a sin" etc. but yeah...

meh, people are entitled to their ideas ergo we should respect the opinion of others.

This post may end up in an internet blood bath

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

No, go ahead, US deserves it :)

QFT (coming from the ones who deserve it)

As long as people don't shove their opinions down my throat IDGAF.... I know a couple of hardcore Christians (?) and they get a tad annoying with "praise God" "being gay is a sin" etc. but yeah...

meh, people are entitled to their ideas ergo we should respect the opinion of others.

This post may end up in an internet blood bath

Flame-on?

250px-Human_Torch.png

† Christian Member †

I dunno folks... I know it's in off topic, but these never end well...

Prove me wrong, I guess...

i doubt this will turn into a flaming war this is one of the most amazing communitys on the interwebs 

oh and sorry i havent given my opinion well i dont think there is a god id love it if there was one but i think the thruth is there is no real god we have yet to found any proof so im not religigious and i didnt understand the other options :P 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler