Are you religious?

Sammael

I dunno folks... I know it's in off topic, but these never end well...

Prove me wrong, I guess...

weapon_keyboard__by_slayeroflight1307-d5

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

I'm not sure what that one means actually... Stop making me feel old ._.

:P

QFT - Quoted For Truth

i.e. me saying that I am quoting you because I want to reiterate that what you said is the truth and that I agree with it.

I'll stop making you feel old when you stop being old. *shots fired* /joke

But seriously, saw that on tumblr or reddit (I don't even know as I don't go to either of those sites very often) and googled it myself.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I'm not sure what that one means actually... Stop making me feel old ._.

:P

"Quantum field theory" last time I looked,  we can feel old together...

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Agnostic: One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.

No, go ahead, US deserves it :)

Even the people are big in Texas, I should know, I live there ._.

Hm, you could be right

That's a first :o 

To answer the OP's question, no I am not religious because the ideas used to be religious are fake (to an extent). Some people I know are religious but it's because they they have their beliefs and it gives them something to strive for. Most everyone else I've seen lies, cheats, scams and is everything against what they say or "believe." Far too often had I gone to church and see all the people there praying for forgiveness for their sins and saying they'll be better people and the whole nine yards. Yet as soon as they leave that church they go back to their old pathetic selves of lying and doing everything against what their book says (in my case that'd be Christianity for them). I'm all well and happy with people believing in something but the minute they have to start shoving their religion down somebody else's throat I'm done listening to them. It doesn't hold any substance in the real world anymore, and I can't hold beliefs like that either when almost everyone around me put's up a fake persona about themselves to say "oh I'm religious."

That should get the discussion going! :)

QFT - Quoted For Truth

i.e. me saying that I am quoting you because I want to reiterate that what you said is the truth and that I agree with it.

But seriously, saw that on tumblr or reddit (I don't even know as I don't go to either of those sites very often) and googled it myself.

You made me feel old when you quoted me with that earlier and I'm only 19.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

QFT - Quoted For Truth

Careful now; the ban rifle doesn't have a stun setting  :rolleyes:

Thanks for that tidbit though :)

heh heh heh... time to start a religious argument.

lol jokes.

To be honest I don't really think about religion or the existence of god unless someone asks me.

So whether or not god is proven to be real or made up doesn't bother me. The way I live my life probably won't change.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

heh heh heh... time to start a religious argument.

lol jokes.

To be honest I don't really think about religion or the existence of god unless someone asks me.

So whether or not god is proven to be real or made up doesn't bother me. The way I live my life probably won't change.

Up until you die, kind of a drastic change at that moment in time :P

You made me feel old when you quoted me with that earlier and I'm only 19.

... I'm 20. 

Careful now; the ban rifle doesn't have a stun setting  :rolleyes:

See, I couldn't have known that, thanks. lol

You're welcome. It's rarely used, as I've only seen it used once (again, I don't go to tumblr/reddit often, if at all). But I use it a lot. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Up until you die, kind of a drastic change at that moment in time :P

What if we considered the idea that whether there is a God or not is entirely dependent on your perspective? Sort of like quantum theory. Or Bioshock (those who played it know what I mean). 

That could either suck or be really great. Not sure which. Then again, depending on the religion, isn't that kind of how it's designed? If we assume non-existence and eternal pain are one in the same.

Then again, that kind of doesn't make sense. But things about a reality beyond our own never really do, do they? So it could be that way. 

... Confusing.

In fact, I would say, if we are to assume that God, the spiritual, and everything else related to it are beyond this reality, they literally shouldn't make sense according to this reality, or they would be of this reality and not beyond it. 

... I'm going to go play video games now.

† Christian Member †

... I'm 20. 

See, I couldn't have known that, thanks. lol

You're welcome. It's rarely used, as I've only seen it used once (again, I don't go to tumblr/reddit often, if at all). But I use it a lot. 

I think you're just being kind to @Glenwing

I've seen QFT... a lot... :P

I think you're just being kind to Glenwing

I've seen QFT... a lot... :P

:rolleyes: 

In all fairness, I tried.

† Christian Member †

What if we considered the idea that whether there is a God or not is entirely dependent on your perspective? Sort of like quantum theory. Or Bioshock (those who played it know what I mean). 

That could either suck or be really great. Not sure which. Then again, depending on the religion, isn't that kind of how it's designed? If we assume non-existence and eternal pain are one in the same.

Then again, that kind of doesn't make sense. But things about a reality beyond our own never really do, do they? So it could be that way. 

... Confusing.

In fact, I would say, if we are to assume that God, the spiritual, and everything else related to it are beyond this reality, they literally shouldn't make sense according to this reality, or they would be of this reality and not beyond it. 

God wouldn't truly exist for a LOT of people then.

... Confusing.

Thinking about these things always reminds me of the novel Flatlands, were a 3 dimensional being tries to explain the third dimension to a 2 dimensional being. Leading to much confusion.

The point is that it is very hard to understand what you do not experience as a part of reality. 

I don't know if what i just wrote makes any sense or is even relating to your post, but this is just my two cents on the subject.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

God wouldn't truly exist for a LOT of people then.

Yeah. But then I default back to "I don't believe the absolute Truth is relative." Which sort encompasses my feelings towards the idea that all religions worship the same God but in different ways, yet all are "true religions".

Damn I feel old again .-.

See, Linus doesn't have to tiptoe around getting on my bad side, just right hook straight to the face

A right hook that you can depend on filled with love. 

Painful, truthful, informative, love.

Thinking about these things always reminds me of the novel Flatlands, were a 3 dimensional being tries to explain the third dimension to a 2 dimensional being. Leading to much confusion.

The point is that it is very hard to understand what you do not experience as a part of reality. 

I don't know if what i just wrote makes any sense or is even relating to your post, but this is just my two cents on the subject.

Yep, I've read that book. I don't remember reading it, but I remember the overall important parts. And I feel it gives a strong explanation for why God just doesn't go "Hey World, here I Am." (ha)

† Christian Member †

To add to what I said before:

I also think that our understandings about the concept of god and the universe surrounding us is so small that I don't think we will be able to comprehend what's out there, and what's real for a long time.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I think about this frequently.  It's almost impossible to understand someone else life without their experiences let alone their philosophies.

EDIT: I can't vote because I am an agnostic theist, and that option is not there. @Sammael

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Careful now; the ban rifle doesn't have a stun setting :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure there is a stun setting.If there is no stun setting it is a banhammer.And not a banrifle.

If I were to go into detail about my opinions on religion, I'd be ass out in an instant.

I guess we're still allowed to say gay people are a disgrace and everyone's going to hell, though.

I can't tell if you are joking or not but either way, just be careful what you say.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

i believe in god, but i don't have a religion. so i don't know what to choose.

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.