FCC vote set to make customers pay $225 to make a complaint [Update: Vote passed]

Master Disaster
Message added by Crunchy Dragon

Keep this civil and non-political.

Remember the Community Standards.

1 minute ago, MGE Dawn said:

I wouldn't hold my breath. That wouldn't make it more than 12 hours without the Attorney General taking issue and serving the FCC with a lawsuit...

That should be the threat for the complaints cost then too.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

That should be the threat for the complaints cost then too.

Trust me... I made a point to address that possible outcome in my own public comment. TBH, I kinda wish I'd remembered to bring it up in my comment on the Net Neutrality repeal...

If you have a problem letting others talk, then flying a plane is NOT the profession for you. Trust me; the Ground controller does not appreciate issuing instructions only for the result to be [BLOCKED]

Thats how its done next 250$ in nothing and they will make it 2500$ :)) , 'merica master race.

fucking cronies at it again. go trump!

Up next! The EPA to start demanding companies dump their waste directly into the homes of the poor. 

7 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Simple solution.

Get ahold of his and others FCC personal email addresses and complain directly to them. Spam them.

Unfortunately thats a form of attack which can def be followed by legal action. 

Yes, this cost is 100% bullshit at that cost. $5 for a complaint is plenty enough to flush out useless complaints, but retaliation doesnt solve anything. 

7 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Its maybe more to get rid of some bogus claims.

Bullshit, if that were the case they'd only need to fine anyone found guilty of a fake complaint.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Bullshit, if that were the case they'd only need to fine anyone found guilty of a fake complaint.

Not bullshit, same concept goes with subscription based sites and services. Been a legitimate way to flush out noise for a while now. 

On 7/11/2018 at 12:18 PM, mynameisjuan said:

Not bullshit, same concept goes with subscription based sites and services. Been a legitimate way to flush out noise for a while now. 

No, because the FCC is not a private entity and they shouldn't be there to make a profit (shocking, I know) but rather to hear the people's complaints and act accordingly. This is akin to placing your vote behind a paywall to reduce election fraud. Also I defy you to name a single subscription service that demands over 200$ for a single post.

Edited by Crunchy Dragon

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So... We should all start blowing up the FCC with complaints now then huh? Specifically complain about this new policy, maybe throw in a few more net neutrality complaints. Get them all out there now! Pai reminds me of that annoying money stealing jerk Moneybags from Spyro, (bonus points if you get this reference) "Oh you want to submit a complaint, $$, Oh you want to voice your opinion, $$, Oh you didn't bring your own pen to sign it, $$". SMH

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

Let them implement this.

Then strip them of all government funding.  "Y'all just played yourselves".

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

The FCC might mainly be for regulating the various forms of communication but it is also suppose to be there to help protect consumer rights from these large corporations. With steps like these that is less and less the case. This just makes it more difficult to get your voice heard and will put a pay barrier in place to be taken seriously.

Honestly, I already pay for the damn FCC in the way of my tax dollars and all the little surcharges thrown on everything in their domain. Now you are telling me I have to pony up another $225 just to get the support I already pay for? Must be taking these fat payments from the large phone/cable companies.

Amendment I
Freedoms, Petitions, Assembly

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. -United States Constitution. 

Though technically a policy is not law, its still ass backwards. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

9 hours ago, Sauron said:

Maybe not a fine for false claims, people can make mistakes, but maybe a fine for repeated nuisance claims against the same party over the same issue.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I can already see Pai getting pelted by numerous.......Pies.

*crickets*

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

8 hours ago, mr moose said:

Maybe not a fine for false claims, people can make mistakes, but maybe a fine for repeated nuisance claims against the same party over the same issue.

Then again I doubt they'd bother prosecuting someone for a single mistake, so functionally it would probably be the same. Either way it's clear that's not the reason behind this anyway.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 7/11/2018 at 9:30 AM, Sauron said:

No, because the FCC is not a private entity and they shouldn't be there to make a profit (shocking, I know) but rather to hear the people's complaints and act accordingly.

Absolutely!  Is Ajit willing to have the FCC's budget cut by the same amount that they will collect in fees?  I doubt it!

On 7/11/2018 at 3:40 AM, Master Disaster said:

The FCC say this move won't affect informal complaints and is only meant to streamline the formal complaints process, what ever that means.

"I have no idea what this means and I won't bother finding out before making sure everyone knows how bad this definitely is, despite my not looking into it at all.. Republicans! Outrage! Truuuuuuuuuump!"

I would assume the FCC is funded by the Government since it is a Government agency (even though it's independent). So great job. Let's have an agency funded by taxpayer money and make taxpayers pay to use it. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

-Thread cleaned-

I'll allow this thread to continue for the time being. If it has to be cleaned two more times, it's getting locked.

Keep this a civil, non-political discussion.

No Trolling

• This includes flame wars such as NVIDIA vs AMD, political or religious debate.
  • Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I just hope other countries don't look at this and think, "that's a great idea!"

That's an F in the profile pic

It's like this guy wants everyone to hate him...

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

8 hours ago, Vanderburg said:

"I have no idea what this means and I won't bother finding out before making sure everyone knows how bad this definitely is, despite my not looking into it at all.. Republicans! Outrage! Truuuuuuuuuump!"

Facepalm, I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)