Yes I do have, see here:

a.png.c6c3304fad0e6aeef5500aa8f93b295c.png

GSmartControl reported some things for me too:

b.png.15e6e0f80b7cf20a691a2043640c7e57.png

c.png.7c348cc452fa585b9bfe502633ff8ddb.png

Here is a dump from Crystal Disk Info and GSmartControl:

crystal_disk_info_dump.txt 15.55 kB · 1 download

KINGSTON_SA400S37120GB_AA20220800002827_2024-05-21.txt 14.71 kB · 0 downloads

First, I had a typo in the first post. I meant to ask "Do you have the SMART data?" and not "So you have the SMART data?". Close to the same meaning, just less aggressive. My apologies. 

This shows that the Kingston is having tons of issues, replace it. The Seagate HDD isn't happy either. The Seagate has CRC errors which is often just a faulty SATA cable, but it also has seek errors and uncorrectable errors. Both drives could be faulty. The errors on the Kingston are way worse though. 

Hello everyone! I have a desktop computer, and I left my house for vacation (for about 25 days), I powered everything off, including unplugging the PSU cable & network. Today, I came home and wanted to turn on my PC, and I was gifted with a BSOD and then Windows Automatic Repair. After a few reboots I managed to boot into Windows, but everything was very slow, so I decided to reboot, and then my SSD never booted again. So I checked the bios, and the SSD is recognized by the bios, but there are no partitions to boot from the SSD.

I have an usb stick with HBCD PE around, so I booted it and loaded AOMEI Partition Assistant, and saw that my SSD was empty:

1.png.8c650bd49245ee4dfa5759b1d28393d1.png

So I thought my drive corrupted or so. But then I opened DMDE (file recovery), and it recognized all partitions on my SSD, and all my files in it:

2(1).png.cf0f099717866e1586b79358d83cf876.png

3.png.853d71b6f93d825c72704c877e7cd622.png

So, I recovered everything I could to my HDD, and had no issues at all (I used lazesoft recovery suite). Then I tried using Lazesoft Windows Recovery, and tried mounting my SSD as GPT, but it fails: 4.png.ecbf4d4d6a273b8f37a198e22d0aea72.png

I tried with other software too, but no success. I've also checked Crystal Disk Info, but it said my SSD health was 100%, with no warning or errors.

So, anyone can tell what happened here? Should I keep using this SSD? Should I just format it and move on?

Computer specs, if needed:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 @ 3.5GHz

GPU: Asus GTX 1050 Ti

RAM: 12Gb DDR4 @ 2400MT/s (1x8Gb, 2666MT/s; 1x4Gb, 2400MT/s; both from crucial)

Storage: 1x SSD 120Gb from Kingston (boot drive), 1x HDD 2Tb from Seagate

Motherboard: Asus H110M-K (Lastest BIOS)

Do you have the SMART data? The information in the top half of CDI is useless. The parameters in the bottom half is all that matters. The health percentage, despite popular belief, is not related to the current health of the drive at all, it's how much of the warrantied writes you have left. 

1 hour ago, Bjoolz said:

So you have the SMART data? The information in the top half of CDI is useless. The parameters in the bottom half is all that matters. The health percentage, despite popular belief, is not related to the current health of the drive at all, it's how much of the warrantied writes you have left. 

Yes I do have, see here:

crystal_disk_info_dump.txt

KINGSTON_SA400S37120GB_AA20220800002827_2024-05-21.txt

43 minutes ago, princessmortix said:

Yes I do have, see here:

crystal_disk_info_dump.txt 15.55 kB · 1 download

KINGSTON_SA400S37120GB_AA20220800002827_2024-05-21.txt 14.71 kB · 0 downloads

First, I had a typo in the first post. I meant to ask "Do you have the SMART data?" and not "So you have the SMART data?". Close to the same meaning, just less aggressive. My apologies. 

This shows that the Kingston is having tons of issues, replace it. The Seagate HDD isn't happy either. The Seagate has CRC errors which is often just a faulty SATA cable, but it also has seek errors and uncorrectable errors. Both drives could be faulty. The errors on the Kingston are way worse though. 

29 minutes ago, Bjoolz said:

After some digging around, I found out that the GPT partition table got corrupted. I'll try recovering it just to save some important stuff like browser passwords and such. About your typo, don't worry about it, its all good 🙂

I'll replace the SSD as soon as I can, thanks for the info. The Seagate HDD screamed once, but it was a bad SATA cable, it is calm now (or at least as been for 3 years +), it should be fine for some years down the road.

Once again, thank you!

9 hours ago, Bjoolz said:

The information in the top half of CDI is useless. The parameters in the bottom half is all that matters. The health percentage, despite popular belief, is not related to the current health of the drive at all, it's how much of the warrantied writes you have left

The top half of cdi is absolutely not useless. It contains lots of useful info, like power on hours and counts, and the fact it's done 141 host tbw out of a rating of 40 tbw, which is probably the reason this drive is starting to fail. The health percentage is also usually tied to one of the wear attributes, such as wear leveling count.

15 hours ago, Ryker Robb said:

The top half of cdi is absolutely not useless. It contains lots of useful info, like power on hours and counts, and the fact it's done 141 host tbw out of a rating of 40 tbw, which is probably the reason this drive is starting to fail. The health percentage is also usually tied to one of the wear attributes, such as wear leveling count.

GSmartControl shows 9,254,993,920 sectors written at a sector size of 512 bytes. That's 4.7TBW. 

It looks like CDI assumes a 1GB unit size for the LBAs written parameter, which Seagate and Western Digital uses, but I can't find any specific documentation on what Kingston uses. The LBAs written parameter is 141220 and if it was 1GB it would be 141TBW. Looking online, I found a user that did manual testing and found it to be 32MB.

I don't know if you have already found the right answer but it seems that some SSD manufacturers (Intel, my old Kingston A400) define this attribute in such a way that it is incremented by 1 each time the disk receives 32MB in writing instead of 512bits. On my Teamgroup CX2, it's literally 1 gigabyte written every time this value is incremented

A400 is the same SSD as this person has. 141220 * 32 = 4.5TBW, pretty close to the 4.7 I found earlier. 

So I stand behind my statement. 

8 hours ago, Bjoolz said:

GSmartControl shows 9,254,993,920 sectors written at a sector size of 512 bytes. That's 4.7TBW. 

It looks like CDI assumes a 1GB unit size for the LBAs written parameter, which Seagate and Western Digital uses, but I can't find any specific documentation on what Kingston uses. The LBAs written parameter is 141220 and if it was 1GB it would be 141TBW. Looking online, I found a user that did manual testing and found it to be 32MB.

A400 is the same SSD as this person has. 141220 * 32 = 4.5TBW, pretty close to the 4.7 I found earlier. 

So I stand behind my statement. 

Well, i honestly should have double checked that number, 141 tbw seemed a bit high for only 2144 hours on the drive. 

8 hours ago, Bjoolz said:

So I stand behind my statement

But i still don't understand why. The top half still contains a lot of good info, that you can't get from the attributes alone. 

13 hours ago, Ryker Robb said:

But i still don't understand why. The top half still contains a lot of good info, that you can't get from the attributes alone. 

Do you have any examples? I can't think of anything that isn't derived from the attributes. 

10 hours ago, Bjoolz said:

Do you have any examples? I can't think of anything that isn't derived from the attributes. 

Everything from firmware to features.