Problem with pc after enabling XMP

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
2 hours ago, Eternal15 said:

6400MHz PC5-51200 CL40

That's too fast to work reliably, at least in 1:1 mode. Do a clear CMOS and drop the speed to 6000MT/s as that will help stability and performance. 

As for the long boot times, MSI doesn't enable MCR by default, so it does memory training every time the system boots. Enabling MCR should improve boot times. 

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

I recently built my first PC and I was watching some guides and stuff and a lot of them told me to enable XMP so I did. However, when I do that and reboot my PC, the motherboard LED indicators go off and tell me that I have issues with CPU and RAM. What is even weirder is that, if I leave my PC on for like 3 to 5 minutes, my PC boots up fine and the LED indicators in my PC turn off too and there are no noticeable issues with my PC after too. I have tried both profiles for XMP and I get the same issue. So, seeing this I have disabled XMP for now (and after disabling there are no issues, and the PC boots up fine), But is there any way I can fix this? I want the best speed but I also don't want to wait for 5 mins every time I want to use my PC.

I tried updating the BIOS and now MOBO says it only issues with the RAM not both CPU and RAM. Also, the bootup time when XMP is enabled is now like 2 to 3 minutes. It is better than before but there is still some kind of issue.

PC specs:
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core 4.7GHz AM5
RAM : TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB DDR5 Ram 32GB 6400MHz PC5-51200 CL40 
MOBO: MSI PRO B650M-A WiFi ProSeries
if you require any other specs please tell and I will update you.

Thank you for your help in advance!

EDIT:  I have 2x16 GB ram sticks

Edited by Eternal15

you have 1 ram stick? 2? 4?

Sorry, I should have specified, that I have 2 ram sticks. 

2 hours ago, Eternal15 said:

6400MHz PC5-51200 CL40

That's too fast to work reliably, at least in 1:1 mode. Do a clear CMOS and drop the speed to 6000MT/s as that will help stability and performance. 

As for the long boot times, MSI doesn't enable MCR by default, so it does memory training every time the system boots. Enabling MCR should improve boot times. 

2 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

It worked! Thank you so much!