Youtube Premium launched in Canada and 11 European nations

TheUzu

Looks like google finally got around to expanding YouTube Red  YouTube Premium.

YouTube Music and YouTube Premium have officially launched today in 17 countries. As of today, both services are available to all in the US, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, South Korea, Austria, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. YouTube Music began a soft rollout to some users late last month, but now anyone can try it.

Unfortunately for those that live in the U.K and Europe, Google has it's own special exchange rate of $=£= €, and for the lucky Canadians $=$.

Pricing

Spoiler

Europe
YouTube Music Premium - €9.99
YouTube Music Premium Family Plan - €14.99
YouTube Premium - €11.99

Canada
YouTube Music Premium - $9.99 CAD
YouTube Music Premium Family Plan - $14.99 CAD
YouTube Premium - $11.99 CAD

U.K

YouTube Music Premium - £9.99 
YouTube Music Premium Family Plan - £14.99 
YouTube Premium - £11.99

My thoughts as someone who watches a lot of YouTube on a smart TV that can't block adds are pretty simple..... I bought it already.

Sources

The Verge

From the source

YouTube Premium is slightly higher at $11.99 per month, but it includes everything YouTube Music offers plus background listening for videos and an ad-free experience across all content on YouTube. It also includes access to YouTube Originals, which includes Cobra Kai, Impulse, soccer documentary F2 Finding Football, and The Sidemen Show. They’re not much of a selling point right now, but Google says options for Originals will expand in the future with “bigger original series and movies,” including comedies, dramas, reality series, and action-adventure shows from the UK, France, Mexico, and other countries.

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

What Youtube Premium do?

its basically youtube red 

Hmm, £9.99 a month for music or I can keep using my prime music with prime that costs me £40 for a year ?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

13 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Hmm, £9.99 a month for music or I can keep using my prime music with prime that costs me £40 for a year ?

Its like they dont realize that theres ways around ads and alternatives that cost MUCH less

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Its like they dont realize that theres ways around ads and alternatives that cost MUCH less

The only real benefit I can see in YouTube Red or Premium or whatever they're calling it(YouTube Prime, anyone?) is being able to play without the screen on when watching on a mobile device.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I'm already on Play Music and in a quick poke around my account, that gets me Youtube Music automagically. I've been wanting what was 'tube Red for a while so I'll upgrade to premium later. While I adblock on desktop, that doesn't work on mobile. Given I've already sold my soul to Google, a couple extra £ a month isn't going to make a difference.

UK pricing sucks, I'm guessing they're preparing for the collapse of the pound when Brexit takes effect as normally it is numerically lower than the euro.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

I feel they really need to step it up in terms of offerings. Netflix and Spotify are just much better services. YouTube Originals are just not great and although YouTube has great music options, not really very intuitive to set up a hot playlist like in Spotify. I'll stick with N&S for now. 

26 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

The only real benefit I can see in YouTube Red or Premium or whatever they're calling it(YouTube Prime, anyone?) is being able to play without the screen on when watching on a mobile device.

And even if, most podcasts and music are all on other services which offer free listening.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

when do monthly 10€ subs start to become too much

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Maybe I will do it for a month and watch all episodes of the two seasons of the Vsauce original series.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

What Youtube Premium do?

It basically replaces YouTube Red.

3 hours ago, TheUzu said:

snip

That exchange rate isn't too awful considering the UK price includes VAT. So it's 10% more expensive for us after VAT. Cos the american price doesn't have Tax included.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 hours ago, RKRiley said:

Let's be real though, are you actually using Prime Music full time instead of Spotify or YouTube? 

Prime Music is so limited that it's just a free +1 for prime members and not worth getting Prime over.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Wait wtf, why is the price for YouTube Premium $11.99 per month? That's wayy overpriced and not worth it at all. $9.99 would be okay but $11.99 per month is price gauging considering not everybody will want YouTube Music and the Premium YouTube features. That price is such a rip off.

IMO they should have kept them as separate subscriptions.

3 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Which is something third party apps for youtube can already do lol

Kinda sucks they don't do a YouTube Premium family plan like how the Google Play music family plan use to give you Red. Kind of looks like they're more taking away features that were already there. I wonder how long they'll give existing Google Play music subscribers access to YouTube Premium

3 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Which is something third party apps for youtube can already do lol

Care to name them? I wouldn't mind being able to listen to music on youtube that spotify doesn't have (tho for some reason the latest android update came with videos / maps etc being able to go picture in picture mode.... but it's fickle for youtube vids >_>)

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

2 hours ago, boblikepie said:

Kinda sucks they don't do a YouTube Premium family plan like how the Google Play music family plan use to give you Red. Kind of looks like they're more taking away features that were already there. I wonder how long they'll give existing Google Play music subscribers access to YouTube Premium

They do. I literally just subscribed to it for my family group. It was the default option for me since I was upgrading my existing Family Group from Google Play Music.

$17.99 CAD

3 hours ago, Noctus said:

Care to name them? I wouldn't mind being able to listen to music on youtube that spotify doesn't have (tho for some reason the latest android update came with videos / maps etc being able to go picture in picture mode.... but it's fickle for youtube vids >_>)

I used to use OGYoutube back in the day. I'm sure it still works but I think the project was abandoned. Proceed at own risk

Am I the only one who is satisfied with all the free offerings and the expense of having to watch the odd add for other content?   I don't have a paid sub to any service yet I am never want for entertainment.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

13 hours ago, RKRiley said:

Much better value out there than what YouTube is offering.

I like to pay for my content; but their service is just lacking.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Seems like a pretty good offer to me, especially with the family plan.

I'll probably not get it, but if I was already a Google Play Music subscriber then I'd definitively add the 2 extra dollars a month for the ad free Youtube. 

5 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Ah yes, 11 European countries like Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, South Korea and Russia.... wait a minute...

It was probably written by an American so please be negligent.

I think it will fail like youtube red