Windows 10 April Update - Here is everything you need to know - OUT NOW!

GoodBytes
Just now, mr moose said:

I was just highlighting the extreme language in the entire news article opinion piece.   

hey! i put info there!!

check the spoliers, i put them there as it would take too much space up if i didn't and that would just annoy people

also, i don't have a profanity filter and when i read the posting guidelines it doesn't say anything about swearing in the post itself

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

Untitled.png.a6d7f409fff7494d3d8ffee1d6073f15.png

change this setting

see the update in 6 months.

That's why i use arch linux :) It does not do a god damn thing unless i tell it to :)

Whenever someone asks me to install windows on their PC i always suggest to not use windows and put linux. They usually agree if they can watch films and browse the internet. I always install manjaro on those PCs and they just work for decades :D

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Just now, mr moose said:

oh, please don't tell me they have changed again.   Ever since XP setting up my room measuring software has been a pain in the arse, They insist on changing the settings and adding shit features with every update/version. 

Well, I can't speak for all the audio settings, but I know my enhancement effects were reset to default settings. Noticed after loading up a game and wondering why the audio was so trash.

Oh, just found that you can right click the sound icon, open sound settings, scroll down, find a link for "sound control panel", and then that lets you access the original sound options.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Ok burned it to a DVD and installed, seem to be working fine, text doesn't seem quite right though, just doesn't look clear, i guess ill have to re-calibrate it.

Overall smooth experience no real issues, the Twitter app was better on the previous version, don't know how its changed and i have ended up with a worse version,

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

4 minutes ago, Salv8 (sam) said:

hey! i put info there!!

check the spoliers, i put them there as it would take too much space up if i didn't and that would just annoy people

also, i don't have a profanity filter and when i read the posting guidelines it doesn't say anything about swearing in the post itself

It's o.k,  you are entitled to your opinion,  I just prefer news posts to remain unbiased and all in the same font size/type.  Maybe put the bolded (funny) opinions in the spoilers and put the actual info into quotes.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Same old sh*t, different version number. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

@Salv8 (sam) This was already posted. Threads merged.

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

It's o.k,  you are entitled to your opinion,  I just prefer news posts to remain unbiased and all in the same font size/type.  Maybe put the bolded (funny) opinions in the spoilers and put the actual info into quotes.  

giphy.gif

you need to chill and with 14k posts you should know that opinon is part of the rules

another upddate another half a day fixing all the shit MS broke ......

giphy.gif

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

DPI scaling fix? Am I dreaming? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

3 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

you need to chill and with 14k posts you should know that opinon is part of the rules

Yes, adding an opinion is part of he rules, making it twice the size of everything and putting it in bold all the way through the post while hiding the actual quotes in spoilers is not generally a good format though. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

Impress that people don't just make powershell and bash script and launch those instead of doing everything by hand every time.

Days like this i'm grateful that canonical don't force their newer OS onto it's users, still on 16.04 and planning to stay on it till 2021.

And glad that Apple does the same, MBP still on Snow Leopard aka OS X 10.6

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On 4/10/2018 at 8:13 PM, GoodBytes said:

Unix style socket are now available (AF_UNIX)

Wait, so we're one step closer to not caring about Windows compatibility?

N I C E

Every one of these big Windows updates breaks my laptop's touchpad

I have to reinstall the WXindows 8.1 drivers from the manufacturers webiste every time

I's a fucking joke

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

Yes, adding an opinion is part of he rules, making it twice the size of everything and putting it in bold all the way through the post while hiding the actual quotes in spoilers is not generally a good format though. 

i dont get  what your issue is. whats worng  with this!

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Upgraded my computer (I refuse to call an Elitebook 8770w a laptop) yesterday and everything went great. I've personally never had an issue with a Windows 10 update, but I've seen some computers go nuts.

2 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

Impress that people don't just make powershell and bash script and launch those instead of doing everything by hand every time.

Can't be done. Even if you make a script that unfucks all the normal things, you still have to manually change all the new things introduced.

Like in this update they introduced a feature which logs and sends all programs you run, including which files are open within those programs, back to Microsoft.

You used to (supposedly) be able to turn that off by changing the telemetry settings, but now you need to disable it in two places.

50 minutes ago, patrick3027 said:

Every one of these big Windows updates breaks my laptop's touchpad

I have to reinstall the WXindows 8.1 drivers from the manufacturers webiste every time

I's a fucking joke

I don't think this is Microsoft fault. Complain to the manufacture of your touchapd in your laptop (not sure that they would care as they sale to OEMs)

Next time get a laptop that has a better touchpad or one that uses Microsoft Precision Drivers. You'll get a better experience. Touchpad that uses Microsoft Precision Drivers vary between decent to excellent due to its high requirement, so not many manufactures uses it on non-premium system due to the cost of the touchpad.

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I don't think this is Microsoft fault. Complain to the manufacture of your touchapd in your laptop (not sure that they would care as they sale to OEMs)

Next time get a laptop that has a better touchpad or one that uses Microsoft Precision Drivers. You'll get a better experience. Touchpad that uses Microsoft Precision Drivers vary between decent to excellent due to its high requirement, so not many manufactures uses it on non-premium system due to the cost of the touchpad.

it is MS fault. every time i update my PC i have change settings that were setup before. sharing setting network setting etc its a joke

32 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

That's not the only example though... every major Win10 update breaks nvidia drivers. I always have to reinstall afterwards to get full functionality back. Combined with having to reset all the settings that the update resets, it is a bit of a pain. Even if you argue they can't do it "in place" during update, they could at least store before update, and reapply for you after.

Even with that pain, I just fired up my laptop, hit check for updates, and it is downloading it now.

Edit:

I have to take some things back. Updated finished on my laptop, and I still had to decline everything on restart. At least, it isn't hidden away in settings with MS defaults previously. nvidia driver doesn't look broken for once, although I haven't tested it in anger yet. Previously compute uses break but it still seems to be present and detected, even if untested. Also apart from an Edge icon appearing on my desktop for the 0.2 seconds it too me to delete it, it didn't reset my default browser. Thank you MS! They are slowly getting there.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

funny how that hardly happens on other OSs but Windows. And the others don't even receive the luxury of manufacturers giving them ready to install drivers 

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Can't be done. Even if you make a script that unfucks all the normal things, you still have to manually change all the new things introduced.

Like in this update they introduced a feature which logs and sends all programs you run, including which files are open within those programs, back to Microsoft.

You used to (supposedly) be able to turn that off by changing the telemetry settings, but now you need to disable it in two places.

True, but maybe it's just me i'd rather tweak a script after reading from third parties what as been added by MS to circumvent how they're users to decide to set their machines (and it really sucks that now the end user have to take such attitude to use what belongs to them)

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Well, an update shouldn't touch files it doesn't have to touch. If the driver breaks every update then it is because Microsoft are changing something the driver relies on, or just some setting in general. I think it's reasonable to question why Microsoft constantly makes those changes in every update, causing the drivers to stop working.

1 hour ago, porina said:

Also apart from an Edge icon appearing on my desktop for the 0.2 seconds it too me to delete it, it didn't reset my default browser. Thank you MS! They are slowly getting there.

No, putting icons on the desk in this manner should not be acceptable.

Microsoft are clearly not respecting their users' choice to not use Edge, and insists on trying to push people to use it in any way they can.

Microsoft should just stop and let people be in control of their own computers. If they want people to use Edge then they should win people over by making the browser better so that people want to use it.

5 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

No, putting icons on the desk in this manner should not be acceptable.

Microsoft are clearly not respecting their users' choice to not use Edge, and insists on trying to push people to use it in any way they can.

Microsoft should just stop and let people be in control of their own computers. If they want people to use Edge then they should win people over by making the browser better so that people want to use it.

Agreed, but it is still an improvement over previous where it would reset your default to browser to Edge.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

44 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

funny how that hardly happens on other OSs but Windows.

Of course not. 

The last time a Linux kernel dev tried to blame to a 3rd party program for his own mistakes, Torvalds publicly tore him apart. 

And Apple only has to make sure stuff works on their own hardware, which means that they themselves can change the drivers to hide any potential f**kups in their kernel.