Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

*cough* Vibrations *cough*

It seems to get them all... riled up... ;)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Crashes suck no matter what you are on/in.

Plus the $/performance on bikes is miles higher than cars.

And chicks dig motorcycles, just saying.

Depends where your from.. In Alberta chicks dig trucks, in Toronto cars/bikes, in van cars/bikes lol

I want a go cart and then I want to register it as a moped and have an awesome go cart I ride everywhere I go :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I want a go cart and then I want to register it as a moped and have an awesome go cart I ride everywhere I go :D

Pretty sure that you would have to put lights on it and stuff to ride a cart on the road. There are lots of rules on what you can, and can not use on the road.

Either watch the whole thing, or start at 4:20. :D

I gotta admit, DoItWithDan is absolutely hilarious.

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

Pretty sure that you would have to put lights on it and stuff to ride a cart on the road. There are lots of rules on what you can, and can not use on the road.

yah I need headlights and tail lights not sure if I need indicators but after that I should be good to go, just the fact that it would be very easy to steal :P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I gotta admit, DoItWithDan is absolutely hilarious.

I prefer Walterrific between the two. Less cursing.

Hmm. To go on a 900+ km (one way) roadtrip this weekend or not...

Hmm. To go on a 900+ km (one way) roadtrip this weekend or not...

d3069aabf01d272a0f01b78ebc11909e.jpg

Builds:

Spoiler

Was it that beautiful neon green?

EDIT: WE MADE IT!!!

Lime and white with race decals from what I can remember

I wanna say it was one of these bikes.. Leaning towards the second seem to remember the colored ninja logo

20070423112738-0-9363.jpg

features_collector-bikes-90s_96-ZX750-P1

a friend having more fun testing new BW turbo's (this one is the upcoming 9174)

Dushbag brother drags me out to fish, gets a tiny freaking fish that swallowed the bait so we couldn't put it back, makes me kill it, makes me row back in really rough conditions and makes me gut it. If your gona drag me out of the house please just do at least one d those freaking things also he's not gona even look at it when I cook it tomorrow... Geez

Builds:

Spoiler

I wanna say it was one of these bikes.. Leaning towards the second seem to remember the colored ninja logo

-snip-

Oh well by "neon green" I meant like this:

2007KawasakiNinjaZX6R-001.jpg

THE ONLY Neon Green in my opinion.

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

My everyday car is an MGB GT. It does about 56 miles a day, pretty good nick, not much rust, no serious rust. Some paint ships and stuff from stones on the road. It runs really well, no problems so far. I just hope it lasts another 43 years.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

My everyday car is an MGB GT. It does about 56 miles a day, pretty good nick, not much rust, no serious rust. Some paint ships and stuff from stones on the road. It runs really well, no problems so far. I just hope it lasts another 43 years.

if fossil fuel isn't banned by then :P

Builds:

Spoiler

Oh well by "neon green" I meant like this:

2007KawasakiNinjaZX6R-001.jpg

THE ONLY Neon Green in my opinion.

Texted Mom she said this one on the right I guess.. Idk I'll ask him on the weekend we having a family dinner thing I guess..

blackninjacombined.jpg

help me.

i need some good argument for the fact that an expensive motorcycle helmet is better than a cheap one. (my mother wont let me spend more than 80 dollars on a helmet.

(i need it to have support for an intercom system and it should have integrated sun glasses as well as a flip up front, these features are only present on the 200 dollar+ range of helmets)) 

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

help me.

i need some good argument for the fact that an expensive motorcycle helmet is better than a cheap one. (my mother wont let me spend more than 80 dollars on a helmet.

(i need it to have support for an intercom system and it should have integrated sun glasses as well as a flip up front, these features are only present on the 200 dollar+ range of helmets)) 

An 80 dollar helmet is as low as you could possibly go.. 

120+ minimum. Tell your mom to not be an arse

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Ducati makes some really nice bikes.

*droooooooooooooling* my father had a ducati 999r that he bougth on a police auction, that was an amazing bike! (it hat sooooo much get up and go it was insane)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

help me.

You should spend more than $80 but the intercom and flip up front are not things you should look for. Both add weight and price unnecessarily. 

In the US we use DOT and SNELL ratings, I dont know what the European ratings are though. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

An 80 dollar helmet is as low as you could possibly go.. 

120+ minimum. Tell your mom to not be an arse

i have tried telling her that protecting my skull is important.... (she used to ride bikes so she should know the importance of a comfortable, well fitting, good quality and protective helmet)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

help me.

I spent around $80 on my helmet it has all that stuff, just come to Sweden and go to Biltema! Also a more expensive helmet is usually safer and lighter because of material use

Builds:

Spoiler