Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Yet another person on the toyotanation forum has a stalling corolla from topping off the gas tank beyond what the pump stops at. 

Don't do that guys. it ruins your EVAP system! 

Yeah, don't go past the first click. Otherwise the charcoal canister gets soaked in gas and has to be replaced. Sometimes a solenoid or sensor can get ruined too. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Yeah, don't go past the first click. Otherwise the charcoal canister gets soaked in gas and has to be replaced. Sometimes a solenoid or sensor can get ruined too. 

Plus you look real stupid watching your car puke gasoline all over the place. :(

OK, i was kinda surprised nobody asked this. Do you guys name your cars? I name mine. I'm gonna name my MS6 Wumbo. Because it's a cool name.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So, there are a few GTRs, and a couple Huracans rolling around my area. And it's amazing :D

XTDefBH.jpg

69YWKJt.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Also, a few photos that made me laugh pretty hard:

hnoRuFz.jpg

0PqfTyJ.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Also, a few photos that made me laugh pretty hard:

hnoRuFz.jpg

0PqfTyJ.jpg

aw that second pic is so offensive

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

aw that second pic is so offensive

Not meant to be taken serious. Made me laugh my ass off. Even though I'm a fan of lowered cars

No?  :huh:

Oh, i thought giving cars names was actually popular :(

Here are a couple photos of the GTRs in the area also :D

d941tUm.jpg

Z13S488.jpg

Mine with new wheels / rims

and yeah the body work is in progress lol 

post-3187-0-53067800-1437538783_thumb.jp

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

805bhp Hellcat X

1349446338114112289-55ae48e502023.jpg

http://www.carthrottle.com/post/the-805hp-dodge-challenger-hellcat-x-is-proof-theres-no-such-thing-as-too-much-horsepower/

And proof that modern cars are morbidly obese

Scirocco

VW-Scirocco-690x372.jpg
Skylines. The R35 is a lardass

Nissan-Skylines.jpg

300SEL and S-Class

Mercedes-300SEL-S-Class-690x459.jpg
The Mustang

Ford-Mustang-old-v-new.jpg
Nissan Z car

Nissan-350z-240z-690x517.jpg

M3

BMW-1m-M3-690x421.jpg
235i

BMW-M235i.jpg

http://www.carthrottle.com/post/10-more-images-that-show-how-fat-cars-have-become/

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

805bhp Hellcat X

http://www.carthrottle.com/post/the-805hp-dodge-challenger-hellcat-x-is-proof-theres-no-such-thing-as-too-much-horsepower/

And proof that modern cars are morbidly obese

Scirocco

Skylines. The R35 is a lardass

300SEL and S-Class

The Mustang

Nissan Z car

M3

235i

http://www.carthrottle.com/post/10-more-images-that-show-how-fat-cars-have-become/

Well, at least they've done it gracefully. The cars today still look just as good or even better than the cars of yesterday

Well, at least they've done it gracefully. The cars today still look just as good or even better than the cars of yesterday

I disagree

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I'll find a way. By that time someone would (I hope) have invented an alternative to unleaded petrol that just runs in a standard engine with slight modifications. They did it to leaded fuel.

there's always hydrogen gas...

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

there's always hydrogen gas...

But that stuff's pretty explosive if treated incorrectly. Remember the Hindenburg?

But that stuff's pretty explosive if treated incorrectly. Remember the Hindenburg?

yah but you can run it in an just slightly or not even modified regular engine also you can make petrol and ethanol from plankton so that's also an option in the future ;)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

yah but you can run it in an just slightly or not even modified regular engine also you can make petrol and ethanol from plankton so that's also an option in the future ;)

Actually i've seen cars run on biomass (cow plops) without much modding

Actually i've seen cars run on biomass (cow plops) without much modding

lol really? That's a thing? I'm guessing the methane gas is the explosive part not the plops

Builds:

Spoiler

lol really? That's a thing? I'm guessing the methane gas is the explosive part not the plops

Top gear converted a Rover into a biomass fueled car. But yeah, if plops were explosive, we'd be in a wasteland by now lol

It would at least suck to litterally have crap in the carburatorXD

Just curious about everyone's opinions...

Which car brand currently makes the most good looking cars?

Have my answer but I was wondering what everyone else thinks...

System: Thinkpad T460

Just curious about everyone's opinions...

Which car brand currently makes the most good looking cars?

IMO, Nissan has had the best looking cars throughout their history.

Can we forget about the Nissan Puke?