Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Royal Purple costs a wee bit too much at the moment, I already need to get another quart anyways. Plus I want to use the same stuff as I did last time so there's no inconsistencies with the oil on the parts.

Yeah, it's like 30 bucks for 5 quarts at Walmart, But have you heard of Amsoil and do you know if it does better than Royal Purple?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

@arnavvr i'm trying to just find the make badge, the mazda badge, but this is what i get. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sporty-Metal-Evil-M-Rear-Trunk-Badge-Decal-Emblem-GLOSSY-3-5-6-For-Mazda-Black-/111695969508?fits=Model%3A6Submodel%3AMazdaspeed&hash=item1a01993ce4&vxp=mtr i want the original one, the full one, just black. they have the mazdaspeed badge no problem, this one might be an issue though.

Don't spend $10. It will come off. Maybe try spray painting the original?

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Don't spend $10. It will come off. Maybe try spray painting the original?

Yeah these badges look like absolute crap. I'm thinking of plastidipping/powdercoating the original badges black. But i don't mind spending 10 bucks on a Mazdaspeed black badge. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-NEW-3D-MAZDASPEED-BLACK-Badge-Emblem-Miata-Mazda-2-3-5-6-RX7-RX8-MAZDA-SPBK-/361261405144?hash=item541cdb93d8&vxp=mtr

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yeah, it's like 30 bucks for 5 quarts at Walmart, But have you heard of Amsoil and do you know if it does better than Royal Purple?

Never heard of them.

So today i was biking around some residential neighborhoods, and some guy left his garage opened, and i saw a FUCKING. DETOMASO. PANTERA. It was like in immaculate condition. It looks complete, and it looks so sexy. I actually had to take a double take it was such a head turner.

So today i was biking around some residential neighborhoods, and some guy left his garage opened, and i saw a FUCKING. DETOMASO. PANTERA. It was like in immaculate condition. It looks complete, and it looks so sexy. I actually had to take a double take it was such a head turner.

Why didn't you knock on the door and talk to the owner?

Why didn't you knock on the door and talk to the owner?

IDK, i was just biking from the grocery store and needed to get home.

I spent seven hours trying to change that filter. I need a gun, explosives, or a drill to run a metal rod through it and wrench it off that way. It is literally in the most inconvenient place to get off if you need to make torque because there's a cross member that is right below it. So you have to lay on your back, head towards the passenger tire, and reach your right arm over and around the cross member to twist it off. PERFECTLY FINE IF IT'S NOT WRENCHED ON.

Pan is fine, at least they torqued it low enough that it was only a pain in the ass with a short wrench, so I'm not worried about that.

AO8JVZ8l.jpg

Amazing tool... gets them off no matter how tight. Especially those stupid toyota transverse v6 ones right by the exhaust that you can't get underneath and above you end up burning the shit outta yourself. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

AO8JVZ8l.jpg

Amazing tool... gets them off no matter how tight. Especially those stupid toyota transverse v6 ones right by the exhaust that you can't get underneath and above you end up burning the shit outta yourself. 

Actually i have that but i was never able to get any oil filter off any of my cars. Especially on our corolla. That one needed a special one with slots but i was able to use a 3/8" ratchet for that one.

Fuckin' NOPE'D that theory yesterday.

Its never failed me unless the filter is too big.

Maybe you're just doing it wrong. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

Honestly i don't know how you can grip an oil filter with that thing. It has nothing to grip the filter with.

No, the cunts at walmart used an impact to put it back on.

Honestly i don't know how you can grip an oil filter with that thing. It has nothing to grip the filter with.

It crushes it as you loosen it, so it can grab it.

No, the cunts at walmart used an impact to put it back on.

Well first thing, is I always spin them until they stop turning with two fingers, then turn them an extra 1/4 of a turn. Which is not awfully tight. When the come back for their next oil change though, they're definitely tighter. Same with drain plugs.

Secondly, leverage... I use this ratchet:

Xb2bf9Fl.jpg

I don't hang off it to loosen stubborn drain plugs, I just hit the handle with a closed fist a few times and it always comes off. Tightening I just go till it stops and barely go a 1/8th turn. Don't want to risk fucking up the oil pan threads, which you can easily do. 

It crushes it as you loosen it, so it can grab it.

Well first thing, is I always spin them until they stop turning with two fingers, then turn them an extra 1/4 of a turn. Which is not awfully tight. When the come back for their next oil change though, they're definitely tighter. Same with drain plugs.

Secondly, leverage... I use this ratchet:

-snips-

I don't hang off it to loosen stubborn drain plugs, I just hit the handle with a closed fist a few times and it always comes off. Tightening I just go till it stops and barely go a 1/8th turn. Don't want to risk fucking up the oil pan threads, which you can easily do. 

I don't think you understand. They impacted the drain plug on so hard it took a lot of effort with a two foot breaker bar to get THAT off. I had no leverage with the oil filter cap because it could barely get on the oil filter, and it would pop off.

I don't think you understand. They impacted the drain plug on so hard it took a lot of effort with a two foot breaker bar to get THAT off. I had no leverage with the oil filter cap because it could barely get on the oil filter, and it would pop off.

You are right, I don't understand. I've done a lot of oil changes and the only time I have issues is where the oil pan has been hit by something near the drain plug. I've never had to use impact though. If you do, then you are asking for a mess. 

The filter, I'm pretty sure the tool I linked and maybe a 3 inch extension would get it off easy. The important thing about that tool is it has to be the first thing you use. If you mess up the end of the filter before using it, it just wont grip. 

You are right, I don't understand. I've done a lot of oil changes and the only time I have issues is where the oil pan has been hit by something near the drain plug. I've never had to use impact though. If you do, then you are asking for a mess. 

The filter, I'm pretty sure the tool I linked and maybe a 3 inch extension would get it off easy. The important thing about that tool is it has to be the first thing you use. If you mess up the end of the filter before using it, it just wont grip. 

THEY USED AN IMPACT, NOT ME. I HAD TO DEAL WITH THE AFTERMATH OF WHAT THEY DID.

OK, don't mean to be rude, but why not change the oil yourself? If you did it yourself, you wouldn't need to worry about getting it so tight on there.

It still wouldn't be that hard. The threads in the oil pan or drain plug would give out past maybe 40 ftlb. They are weak. 

OK, don't mean to be rude, but why not change the oil yourself? If you did it yourself, you wouldn't need to worry about getting it so tight on there.

^

Wasn't my choice when it got done last time, though I would assume that'd be obvious.

It still wouldn't be that hard. The threads in the oil pan or drain plug would give out past maybe 40 ftlb. They are weak. 

You're not going to get it.

Hey what are te rules about blow off valves in Sweden? I don't know if we can have the awesome and loud ones or if we can't someone tell me

It seems like it is a tricky subject. Cops will sometimes fine you and send you in for an inspection where the modification needs to be removed

The main problem seems to be that they don't like that there is a chance that a BOV will "Vent crankcase gasses" (Their words not mine)

And some people seem to have problems registering cars with BOVs 

Personally i prefer the surge sound of a recirculating system so i'm not too bothered

can i see dem? :D

Engine swaps

The engine may only be modified to the extent necessary to make it fit in the new car. This may involve, for example. a modified oil pan, intake and exhaust / headers. In some cases relocation of the ignition system but it is a bit more uncertain if that will be allowed with your particular car. No additional components are allowed - You are not allowed to tune the engine , fit a turbo, compressor or similar devices. And you are not allowed to switch to aftermarket fuel injection.

The rest i can't translate at the moment

Here is SFRO's website. Run it through google translate and ask me for better translations if google sucks

http://www.sfro.com/index.php/bil/avgasregler-mm

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

It seems like it is a tricky subject. Cops will sometimes fine you and send you in for an inspection where the modification needs to be removed

The main problem seems to be that they don't like that there is a chance that a BOV will "Vent crankcase gasses" (Their words not mine)

And some people seem to have problems registering cars with BOVs

Personally i prefer the surge sound of a recirculating system so i'm not too bothered

Engine swaps

The rest i can't translate at the moment

Here is SFRO's website. Run it through google translate and ask me for better translations if google sucks

http://www.sfro.com/index.php/bil/avgasregler-mm

first off I just love re sound of a BOV and secondly yah the rules are tough as nails, if you want to mod go to New Zealand you can basically register anything with wheals on it as a car :P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016