Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

i like it bc it's got a v8 with an electric motor, plus it beat the veyron as the fastest accelerating car ever, at 2.3 secs 0-60

I kinda agree. I treat a Supra or a Skyline as the poor man's supercar

I love acceleration and McLaren's :P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I'd absolutely love a Supra or Skyline. Those are cars that have always interested me. Same with the WRX STi, GTI, stuff like that. Kinda average as far as price goes. But such fun cars.

well those are poor man's cars compared to  the 300k+ supercars, and you can actually find off the shelf parts for these cheap supercars

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So probably asked before, but if you could drive any supercar, no money limits, what would it/they be? Mine would be:

Aston Martin V12 Vantage

Pagani Huayra

Lamborghini Aventador

McLaren P1

Porsche 918

Porsche 911 GT3

Zenvo ST1

Lykan Hypersport

Daily an R8

P1 or Huayra for the kicks.

System: Thinkpad T460

Daily an R8

P1 or Huayra for the kicks.

i'd also daily an r8 or a huaracan, or definitely a gtr with a wide body kit.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

well those are poor man's cars compared to  the 300k+ supercars, and you can actually find off the shelf parts for these cheap supercars

They are. But I'd rather have one of the cars I listed to a supercar any day of the week. I can park it at a restaurant and not worry about it being broken into or something like that. Something that I can even thrash a bit and not worry about an insanely high repair bill. Something I can floor and not get in huge trouble. Something most people won't know what it is or even care. But something that car people will recognize and love for what it is. That's why I'd never want a supercar.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

well, i like the Outback's grille and the LED taillights. But subaru did piss me off by using a brand new engine for  the STI this year. Instead of the EJ25 we know and love to make tons of power, the FA engine seems a bit skeptical.

The USDM EJ25 was never really reliable...  The EJ22 was one of their best motors (NA) and the USDM motors never really compared to the JDM EJ207, EJ20G, or EJ257.

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

If they didn't get as many looks at they do, then I would probably daily a Ferrari, due to their warranty with unlimited miles for the years the warranty is valid. Rack up the odometer like it owes me money, and then sell it once the warranty is over.

Lol just totally rekt a merc when driving past it in my family's old car, when we decided to overtake it he flored the merc and we still ran away from it :P didn't catch what merc it was but i think it was turboed from the factory, ahh the fun you can have on Northern Sweden without anyone else caring xD

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

If they didn't get as many looks at they do, then I would probably daily a Ferrari, due to their warranty with unlimited miles for the years the warranty is valid. Rack up the odometer like it owes me money, and then sell it once the warranty is over.

I wouldn't want to drive a Ferrari everywhere just because of the way people would look at it and look at you. Not that I would care very much but I wouldn't want to draw the attention. That's when an R8 or GTR is great.

I wouldn't want to drive a Ferrari everywhere just because of the way people would look at it and look at you.

That's the reason why I would never really want to drive a Ferrari in public. I'd much rather have a Porsche.

I wouldn't want to drive a Ferrari everywhere just because of the way people would look at it and look at you. Not that I would care very much but I wouldn't want to draw the attention. That's when an R8 or GTR is great.

Yeah, in a Ferrari, you might get the wrong attention, people might think you're a, as top gear puts it, a cunt, or was it BMWs? oh well. i'd drive something other than a ferrari or a lambo, everybody knows about those.

The USDM EJ25 was never really reliable...  The EJ22 was one of their best motors (NA) and the USDM motors never really compared to the JDM EJ207, EJ20G, or EJ257.

Were those wheels on your car just RS wheels?

That's the reason why I would never really want to drive a Ferrari in public. I'd much rather have a Porsche.

Never like Porsches.... Just an inexplicable dislike.

Never like Porsches.... Just an inexplicable dislike.

don't know how can not like it, especially the new ones. i think it's a work of art. though it's basically kept the same shape for 50 years

Yeah, in a Ferrari, you might get the wrong attention, people might think you're a, as top gear puts it, a cunt, or was it BMWs? oh well. i'd drive something other than a ferrari or a lambo, everybody knows about those.

Imo id rather over any of them all drive a corvair or a 55 bel air. I lernt to drive stick in a 57 bel air that my grandad owned and later started to look for a 63 rampside

So, what's your opinion on the 2008 Golf R32?

I'm really looking into trying to get one as I would love a GTI, but I'm not a fan of FWD

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

This was at a gas station I just stopped at: Sorry for the really bad picture but I only had a second to take it

Can't really see from the pic, is that the old 750 turbo?

Pete

Can't really see from the pic, is that the old 750 turbo?

I think so, I just thought it was nice looking and it had a turbo! :)

Builds:

Spoiler

I'm really looking into trying to get one as I would love a GTI, but I'm not a fan of FWD

Probably more fun than my 2008 golf wagon.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

drive it in reverse and flip the drivers seat then XP

Builds:

Spoiler

624dbf9afc61a0c6008f660b1400efde.jpg dude here's my helmet, it looks almost exactly the same and has al the same features and cost me only $80 because I bought it at Biltema I even think it's the same brand as the one your getting, this is the medium variant and it's really comfy :)

Builds:

Spoiler

i feel absitinence, i havent driven my moped for 3 weeks now... god this is killing me i want to drive it so bad but i cant because im not home really even tho i am, i just came back home for 24h to cut the grass and water some plants..

Builds:

Spoiler

why not a brabus mercedes wagon? ( http://blog.caranddriver.com/brabus-tunes-mercedes-e63-amg-wagon-to-850-horsepower-where-do-we-sign/ )

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600