Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just curious about everyone's opinions...

Which car brand currently makes the most good looking cars?

Have my answer but I was wondering what everyone else thinks...

Definitely Mazda, In the last couple years, Mazda have really pushed out great redesigns of their most popular models. And i cant wait for the third gen Mazdaspeed 3.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Nissan or Subaru if we can forget about there SUVs

*edit*

And Saab I really like some if the Saabs

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

*edit*

I'm a Subie fan but I'm not into the recent Subaru designs...

System: Thinkpad T460

I like some if the more recent stuff but not evrything

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

idk i kinda like the design of the Outback and the XV Crosstrek a lot.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Definitely Mazda, In the last couple years, Mazda have really pushed out great redesigns of their most popular models. And i cant wait for the third gen Mazdaspeed 3.

I'm more into Infiniti on the Jap side of things...

But seriously, i think Mazda have made the best looking cars to this day, no doubt.

*edit*

I love the look of Subarus. Can't think of a single Subaru that was sold in the US I think looks bad

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Mercedes or morgan are my picks

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

idk i kinda like the design of the Outback and the XV Crosstrek a lot.

The Outback is plain and ugly and the XV looks like a civic hotwheel.

yah totally forgot about Morgan

Builds:

Spoiler

What about Jaaaaaaag? Was what I had in mind...

Feel like their designs are underrated.

The Outback is plain and ugly and the XV looks like a civic hotwheel.

idk, it's pretty sublime to me.

idk, it's pretty sublime to me.

Subaru has recently been Sub-par.

Subaru has recently been Sub-par.

well, i like the Outback's grille and the LED taillights. But subaru did piss me off by using a brand new engine for  the STI this year. Instead of the EJ25 we know and love to make tons of power, the FA engine seems a bit skeptical.

yah totally forgot about Morgan

Oh. And zenvo

I want to add spyker as well but theyve gone bust

What about Jaaaaaaag? Was what I had in mind...

Feel like their designs are underrated.

I prefer the old jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags

The new ones just dont meaure up to the old ones

I will add equus too though

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Let's not forget that Volvo has it's gems too! ;)

Builds:

Spoiler

Oh. And zenvo

I want to add spyker as well but theyve gone bust

I prefer the old jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags

The new ones just dont meaure up to the old ones

I will add equus too though

It just looks so different...

Jaguar-XJR_tcm97-129295_desktop_1366x769

And have to throw in Aston and Audi

Volkswagen isn't that bad either... I feel like the Germans would run away with this.

This was at a gas station I just stopped at: 286614b442706dfb80f5b8a704846fdd.jpg

Sorry for the really bad picture but I only had a second to take it

Builds:

Spoiler

So probably asked before, but if you could drive any supercar, no money limits, what would it/they be? Mine would be:

Aston Martin V12 Vantage

Pagani Huayra

Lamborghini Aventador

McLaren P1

Porsche 918

Porsche 911 GT3

Zenvo ST1

Lykan Hypersport

So probably asked before, but if you could drive any supercar, no money limits, what would it/they be? Mine would be:

Aston Martin V12 Vantage

Pagani Huayra

Lamborghini Aventador

McLaren P1

Porsche 918

Porsche 911 GT3

Zenvo ST1

Lykan Hypersport

the P1 al the way

Builds:

Spoiler

Aston Martin V12 Vantage

Pagani Huayra

Lamborghini Aventador

McLaren P1

Porsche 918

Porsche 911 GT3

Zenvo ST1

Lykan Hypersport

Not a fan of supercars personally. Yeah they're fast, but they're something that's never interested me. I'd rather drive a boosted S13 any day of the week

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Aston Martin V12 Vantage

Pagani Huayra

Lamborghini Aventador

McLaren P1

Porsche 918

Porsche 911 GT3

Zenvo ST1

Lykan Hypersport

Zenvo St1.

the P1 al the way

i like it bc it's got a v8 with an electric motor, plus it beat the veyron as the fastest accelerating car ever, at 2.3 secs 0-60

Not a fan of supercars personally. Yeah they're fast, but they're something that's never interested me. I'd rather drive a boosted S13 any day of the week

I kinda agree. I treat a Supra or a Skyline as the poor man's supercar

I kinda agree. I treat a Supra or a Skyline as the poor man's supercar

I'd absolutely love a Supra or Skyline. Those are cars that have always interested me. Same with the WRX STi, GTI, stuff like that. Kinda average as far as price goes. But such fun cars.