Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Oh I'd love to be one.

My opinions would be seen as more brash than Clarkson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/sllGCblzvlcy2Mg83y6YgG/search-for-a-top-gear-star 

Go ahead then :P

Just don't take my spot  ;)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Lucky you. :P

Lemme see if I can find a photo that isn't awful. Been growing it out for 2.5 years at this point

There's this photo, little over a month old. But yeah.

11393250_10203106906111856_6887930504770

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I'd do it just to annoy terry. :lol:

Lemme see if I can find a photo that isn't awful. Ben growing it out for 2.5 years at this point

Far longer than me. I think I'm only at like 8 or 9 months.

Lemme see if I can find a photo that isn't awful. Been growing it out for 2.5 years at this point

There's this photo, little over a month old. But yeah.

11393250_10203106906111856_6887930504770

gona guess your the one in the middle, you have awesome hair :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

gona guess your the one in the middle, you have awesome hair :D

Yep :D 6'5 me :D

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Friend of mine has longer hair than his girlfriend. Hair down to the middle of his back :D

I look super freaking creepy in every photo of me I have so ima try to take a not creepy one :P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

This is on blocket(Swedish Craig's list sort of) http://m.blocket.se/jamtland/Yamaha_aerox__stunt_moppe__60590960.htm?ca=3&w=1

This is what we do with our mopeds in Northern Sweden, my neighbour posted this add, use google translate if your not Swedish

Basically this moped is supposed to only go 30km/h but he trimmed it a lot, illegal as shit but the cops don't care...

Builds:

Spoiler

This is on blocket(Swedish Craig's list sort of) http://m.blocket.se/jamtland/Yamaha_aerox__stunt_moppe__60590960.htm?ca=3&w=1

This is what we do with our mopeds in Northern Sweden, my neighbour posted this add, use google translate if your not Swedish

Basically this moped is supposed to only go 30km/h but he trimmed it a lot, illegal as shit but the cops don't care...

Illegal as all fuck xD

And yes they do care (In most places) They'll show up to school and trailer all modified mopeds to the nearest station  :P

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Illegal as all fuck xD

And yes they do care (In most places) They'll show up to school and trailer all modified mopeds to the nearest station  :P

but if you modify it up to the legal limit? they still take it?

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

There is no legal limit. You drive what you bought. You can change stickers and tires. Thats it

There is no legal limit. You drive what you bought. You can change stickers and tires. Thats it

What if I strap two jet engines to the sides..

What if I strap two jet engines to the sides..

Cops take it. Throw the jets away. Give you a fine and the moped back without any mods.

And possible points on your license

Cops take it. Throw the jets away. Give you a fine and the moped back without any mods.

they give you back those jets too and just tell you not to do that again

Builds:

Spoiler

Illegal as all fuck xD

And yes they do care (In most places) They'll show up to school and trailer all modified mopeds to the nearest station :P

you really don't live very north in Sweden do you...

Builds:

Spoiler

Wait you can't modify your moped in any way? even if it doesn't increase performance, it just runs smoother for example?

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

a friends EPA tractor which is basically a modified car, had blue lights on the rear view mirrors and the cops stopped him and said the lights were illegal so he grabbed a wrench and smashed them got back in and drive away the cops didn't do shit about it after that, also there is basically not a EPA tractor that doesn't have illegal mods done to it, another friend dropped his to the ground basically with some new springs and then he put a twin turbo and straight really big exhaust pipes on it. It can do burnouts in reverse, it's basically a race car and he hasn't even got a moped license but he doesn't care a single shit

Builds:

Spoiler

Wait you can't modify your moped in any way? even if it doesn't increase performance, it just runs smoother for example?

nope almost everything is illegal but doing something like that would not alert the cops even the slightest

Builds:

Spoiler

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

You can but be mindful of the mid-pipe. Usually with a long tube header the factory mid-pipe is not going to work, so you will have to buy another (matching) mid-pipe. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

But that's assuming they can catch me! :P

You can but be mindful of the mid-pipe. Usually with a long tube header the factory mid-pipe is not going to work, so you will have to buy another (matching) mid-pipe. 

Or machine the current one to fit.

Chevrolet has completely pulled out of Europe. It's a shame but they could have made different type cars and still make sense as a brand

The same is true for Opel here in Asia. Chevrolet is doing a lot better now though, thanks to GM Korea's improvement (formerly known as Daewoo Motors) and their venture with Isuzu in Thailand.

Vue, Catera, LeMans? Yuck :P

Sad they decided to use such a legendary name on a shameful car...

That's about the price of a Chevy Metro or some poorly running cheap car lol my parents bought a Toyota Tercel for $1500 or maybe even less and it was in great condition and ran for a while.

I guess companies like that will survive as long as there is a market for cheap, basic transportation.

Rover is starting to enter the Asian markets once more. I wonder how it'd do.

The same is true for Opel here in Asia. Chevrolet is doing a lot better now though, thanks to GM Korea's improvement (formerly known as Daewoo Motors) and their venture with Isuzu in Thailand.

Rover is starting to enter the Asian markets once more. I wonder how it'd do.

I thought Rover was long gone.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

But that's assuming they can catch me! :P

Or machine the current one to fit.

well either way your getting your jets back, they just remove them and give them back probably

Builds:

Spoiler

I thought Rover was long gone.

It was given a new lease of life by Chinese investors. It is doing alright in the Chinese market.