Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

59 minutes ago, Unforgiving said:

any love for a really obscure japanese 7 seat luxobarge?

That's hot

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

44 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

That's hot

Yeah came from Japan with DAD headrest monitors and a power inverter

put me ps2 in it 

32A80AB1-6394-44C3-A9F0-85D14E98356A.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Unforgiving said:

put me ps2 in it

Throwback to the max power days

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

i finally got enough of my Tesla, right now in wait for parts for another big repair round on my 2021 march Model 3 LR, so called my company car contact, and he said he would offer me an exchange.. i´m just a bit insecure on what too buy, because it is a company car it has to be electric, all others are simply to expensive.. and with Danish taxation rules, it becomes complex, because plug-in are higher taxed and ICE cars are 150% taxated, whereas pure electrical are without tax.

so my list is

Polestar 2 LR Dual motor (with everything just not the performance pack) - Smaller cargo area, less range.

Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD LR

Hyundai Ionic 5 AWD LR

Q4 50 E-tron (Or Skoda enyaq)

C300E Estate - it has the 25KWh battery and the 2xx hp engine. so a plugin

Ford Mustang LR

Xc40 P8 but it might have too little range

Wanted a V60 Recharge, but with my inscription pack, it just reached a cost, that i am not willing to pay, it is the same "price" as the Electrics, but the compensation is just giant.

I´ve removed the Mustang, really do not like the car, not because of the brand, but it just feels firm.

I´m leaning towards the Kia / Hyundai, especially the Ionic 5, just a bit afraid that the power is a bit to low on that car, i am happy with the output of the tesla, and there is a LONG waiting time for it, and my temporary car, will be a E300 i will borrow, so if i have that for too long, i´m sure i will fall in love.

I have our second car, the Polo GTI from 2019 with the manual 6 speed, so i have a "bit" of fun in "wifecar". even though it is only 200Bhp.

29 minutes ago, RasmusDC said:

i finally got enough of my Tesla, right now in wait for parts for another big repair round on my 2021 march Model 3 LR, so called my company car contact, and he said he would offer me an exchange.. i´m just a bit insecure on what too buy, because it is a company car it has to be electric, all others are simply to expensive.. and with Danish taxation rules, it becomes complex, because plug-in are higher taxed and ICE cars are 150% taxated, whereas pure electrical are without tax.

so my list is

Polestar 2 LR Dual motor (with everything just not the performance pack) - Smaller cargo area, less range.

Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD LR

Hyundai Ionic 5 AWD LR

Ford Mustang LR

Wanted a V60 Recharge, but with my inscription pack, it just reached a cost, that i am not willing to pay, it is the same "price" as the Electrics, but the compensation is just giant.

I´ve removed the Mustang, really do not like the car, not because of the brand, but it just feels firm.

I´m leaning towards the Kia / Hyundai, especially the Ionic 5, just a bit afraid that the power is a bit to low on that car, i am happy with the output of the tesla, and there is a LONG waiting time for it, and my temporary car, will be a E300 i will borrow, so if i have that for too long, i´m sure i will fall in love.

I have our second car, the Polo GTI from 2019 with the manual 6 speed, so i have a "bit" of fun in "wifecar". even though it is only 200Bhp.

Heard good things about the Ionic 5 and the EV6

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

2 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Throwback to the max power days

Playing Underground 2 in your riced out Clio were the golden days.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

20 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Playing Underground 2 in your riced out Clio were the golden days.

Riders on the storm intensifies 

12 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Riders on the storm intensifies 

oh the memories .... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, RasmusDC said:

so my list is

Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD LR

Hyundai Ionic 5 AWD LR

Ford Mustang LR

I’m a level 4 high voltage technician, and work for a company which attends people at the side of the road. 

I’ve driven most of these in my working life. 

get the polestar. I actually loved the polestar. It’s Volvo enough that it’s trustworthy, enough of a competitor that it isn’t dwarfed by the model 3 hype, and one flippin’ handsome looking car 

I actually nearly ordered one through a company car scheme but it was too expensive for my blood lol 

2 hours ago, RasmusDC said:

especially the Ionic 5, just a bit afraid that the power is a bit to low on that car, i am happy with the output of the tesla

Genuine question, for every day driving how much does it actually matter with the power difference? I drive with lead-footed often enough but I can be content with 'enough' power output, but not 100% sure how much of a difference it makes on an EV.

Swapped out my bad DWS 06 tire for the new DWS 06 Plus. Big difference in sidewall between the two of them, I feel like the plus is a much better tire and the 06 was a big improvement over the original DWS.

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Genuine question, for every day driving how much does it actually matter with the power difference? I drive with lead-footed often enough but I can be content with 'enough' power output, but not 100% sure how much of a difference it makes on an EV.

Go buy yourself a Model S Plaid. You know you need 1000hp for daily duties. Plus, you get to struggle very hard with maneuveuring and to crash very easily if anything unexpected happens. Win win, right?

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Two bad motorad thermostats and a bad NAPA brand thermostat later... Rockauto sent my two wrong brand thermo stats today, and the NAPA one were all defective out the box...

Thank God I also ordered a Tama one... What a waste of time today.

Anyone ever order off those OEM Mazda websites? Never have cause the prices always higher than what is OEM quality from rockauto. Definitely a learning process on what to get OEM and what not to...

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

3 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Go buy yourself a Model S Plaid. You know you need 1000hp for daily duties. Plus, you get to struggle very hard with maneuveuring and to crash very easily if anything unexpected happens. Win win, right?

I can't wait to break one doing what I do lmao

8 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

yeah.. i don´t use it much in the Tesla, however i do like it in certain situations.

but EV´s are heavy, and they get slower at higher speeds. i have a test drive of it saturday, the main problem is the 10 month delivery time. I am hoping it is better for the EV6, much uglier car, but just need to get away from the tesla. the EV6 325 AWD GT-line is also MUCH cheaper than the tesla, and bigger.

main problem is still the lack of charging on other cars than tesla, i have to hope the expansion of the charge networks will continue at speed, since the Tesla chargers are ALWAYS open, whereas other here normally are filled with cars.

16 hours ago, Beef Boss said:

Two bad motorad thermostats and a bad NAPA brand thermostat later... Rockauto sent my two wrong brand thermo stats today, and the NAPA one were all defective out the box...

Thank God I also ordered a Tama one... What a waste of time today.

Anyone ever order off those OEM Mazda websites? Never have cause the prices always higher than what is OEM quality from rockauto. Definitely a learning process on what to get OEM and what not to...

I feel like the Aisin stat I got off rock auto might not be opening at the right temp. I'm going to check it on my drive home tonight with my small scan tool. Heat feels way colder than I thought it should be and it'll warm back up with still, like a partly open stat.

17 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I feel like the Aisin stat I got off rock auto might not be opening at the right temp. I'm going to check it on my drive home tonight with my small scan tool. Heat feels way colder than I thought it should be and it'll warm back up with still, like a partly open stat.

Ever get tired on working on that one, here's a GOOD 😆 project car for you.

1987 yugo 1803 original miles ...stored long time need some work | eBay

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

6 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Ever get tired on working on that one, here's a GOOD 😆 project car for you.

1987 yugo 1803 original miles ...stored long time need some work | eBay

Hard pass, I think my next car will be from this century with modern features like antilock brakes. I'm keeping my 2000 Celica tho, even if they stop making gasoline I can still go sit in it.

*Finally* got my ozone generator.

30 minutes in the car and you can't tell it was ever smoked in.

Fantastic device. worth every penny.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

Hard pass, I think my next car will be from this century with modern features like antilock brakes. I'm keeping my 2000 Celica tho, even if they stop making gasoline I can still go sit in it.

Can't blame you - If it still runs at all it's probrably the only one left that does.
It will definitely keep you busy in the shop, that I can guarantee.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

20 hours ago, Bitter said:

buying OEM thermostats isn't a terrible idea tbh. (if you can find one). 

I know the OEM vs aftermarket thermostats on my miata were a lot different. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

buying OEM thermostats isn't a terrible idea tbh. (if you can find one). 

I know the OEM vs aftermarket thermostats on my miata were a lot different. 

Yeah I think Mazda probably still stocks this one, if mine is being shitty I might do that. I wish the cooling fan didn't come on right at 200F, more like 210. Then the 190 stat I had would have been ok to keep using. My heat is way down on the highway and I don't like that. I'll block off part of the rad temporarily while it's crazy cold out to see if that helps and actually remember to bring my lil scanner home to check temp. 

I think im starting to have withdrawal symptoms after i had to watch a bunch of dashcam footage..... (had to, those things use a lot of space)