Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

20 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

“Bruh check out my model T with navigation” 

just doesn’t have a good ring to it

"Does it have Apple Car Play?"

20 hours ago, Oskar94a said:

An update on my 1927 model T build/restoration project.

The engine is beginning to actually look like an engine now.

I have sourced a high compression head , which was an accessory of that era.

It will give me about 5 more HP,  it may not sound like a lot but it's 20HP original, making a 25% increase lol.

I have also disassembled the rear axle/differential, it's reusable except some roller bearings and sleeves. Also babbitt bearing plates are replaced by new in steel. 

I've also restored a set of early model A wire wheels, (the T wire wheels are rare) and sourced adapter plates.

I might have a rolling chassis at the end of this year.

LS swap when?

just kidding 😛 nice progress you got going on there, must have not been easy to source those parts

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

12 hours ago, Oskar94a said:

Around 6:1 lol.

Original is 4.5:1 

I didn't know gasoline would ignite below about 7:1!

8 hours ago, Veczen said:

That's looking pretty nice. Gonna be ripping the streets with those 25 burly horses. The only issues im thinking of are slopes and gas mileage. Kinda want to see something a bit more than restorations sometimes though. Like just improving on the old designs with new tech and seeing how much better they can be, without making them into a "ricer" of course.

Gas mileage are quite good at 1 liter per 10 km. 

I see what you mean, it would be interesting to see a well thought out design.

1 hour ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

LS swap when?

just kidding 😛 nice progress you got going on there, must have not been easy to source those parts

You'll be surprised, there are tons of parts, new and old with some parts being more rare than others.

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed

Anyone keeping up with the Hot Rod power tour? Im watching the Vice Grip Garage series on it. Great youtube car channel btw, 10/10. 

On 8/23/2021 at 11:01 PM, vetali said:

I really like how they look aside from the soft top versions. They look pretty silly.

I kinda wish there was a soft top option for the Two door (I'm seeing photos of them but maybe they're a 2022 option), but as far as hard tops go, Ford is apparently making a big deal about the roll cage design for when either top is down for passengers getting a completely unobstructed overhead view of the sky. 

2 Door Bronco overhead view with roof off? | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco  Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

14 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I kinda wish there was a soft top option for the Two door (I'm seeing photos of them but maybe they're a 2022 option), but as far as hard tops go, Ford is apparently making a big deal about the roll cage design for when either top is down for passengers getting a completely unobstructed overhead view of the sky.

Boy I'd sure love to get my skull caved in by a pointy rock on the ground.

13 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Good to see you're just gonna jump to some of the most braindead conclusions possible. How foolish of me to forgot this is a car community, and car communities are full of toxic idiocy where you can't even have a slight opinion on something different from the norm, GOSH! /s

33 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

They still have cross braces

2021 Ford Bronco: 6 Most Important Things To Know

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, Bitter said:

Good to see you're just gonna jump to some of the most braindead conclusions possible. How foolish of me to forgot this is a car community, and car communities are full of toxic idiocy where you can't even have a slight opinion on something different from the norm, GOSH! /s

I blame the brain damage for my opinion(s).

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

They still have cross braces

Phew, I'm safe

Still safer in a roll over than the OG Bronco or Bronco II. They gonna roll out a Bronco II?

if you want to do serious offroad i'd def get the hard top. Soft top is just cool to cruise around in. 

Although personally I'm not a fan of having to deal with replacing a soft top when that inevitable time comes, due to being out in the sun constantly

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Another year, another hurricane 

just part of life here lol 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

6 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Another year, another hurricane 

just part of life here lol 

When do we send your state off in to the gulf?

4 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

When do we send your state off in to the gulf?

hopefully not in my lifetime lol

Spoiler

5 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Time to blow up some ice caps and expedite the process.

Didn’t know you hated me gosh lol 😂 

is it the Volkswagen? Lol 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

No, you're fine, but the state has to go.

5 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

No, you're fine, but the state has to go.

You prob right it’s been on a downhill all my life pretty much 

good news btw looks like the storm keeps shifting East so won’t affect me too badly. New Orleans is gonna get the worst of it looks like 

Spoiler

8 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

good news btw looks like the storm keeps shifting East so won’t affect me too badly. New Orleans is gonna get the worst of it looks like 

I bet they're real happy they still live in a bowl.

16 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Y'all better hope that they reinforced the Lake Pontchartrain Dams properly... don't want a repeat of that.

23 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Trust me, I've had people tell me that my state deserves to be sunk into the Pacific. You just get used to it after a while. 😂

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

3 hours ago, arnavvr said:

Y'all better hope that they reinforced the Lake Pontchartrain Dams properly... don't want a repeat of that.

Trust me, I've had people tell me that my state deserves to be sunk into the Pacific. You just get used to it after a while. 😂

Haven’t heard anything bad yet! All good here where I am actually barely any rain today just a little breezy. But I’m like 80-100 miles west of the center of the hurricane. 

New Orleans is pretty much getting the worst of it now. 

Spoiler

16 hours ago, arnavvr said:

Once we get rid of California the rest of the country will do much better ecologically.

2017 Tucson bought 3 months ago, 52K miles. Ran it out of oil, added oil and started driving again. Bang. Long block is disco from the dealer, just short blocks. Looking for used so she can run it out of oil again.

IMG_20210830_110750.thumb.jpg.c33c5cf81822e45eaf5b6d99ecdfeb7f.jpg

Someone got their timing set wrong LOL!

IMG_20210830_111556.thumb.jpg.7c9c315d2b1e0f1d77c86dc5a83d61ad.jpg