Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

31 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Always thought those were neat even tho we didn’t get any here lol

Must admit I never really understood all the hype behind the cosworths before going out in one. Defo understand it now though 

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

49 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

that's a clean engine bay my opinion, (don't mind all the cables on the right)

There is more to the photo but I didnt realise how big the file size was for photos on my new phone so I cant upload it 😂

Its by no means immaculate but for a car he's built himself in his garage its decent

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

37 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I'm not super strong so I always use everything I can to help myself. Jacks, bars, and tools. I LOVE my strong-ass air hammer to do the work for me faster and easier than I can do it myself. I'm not sure I talked about it a lot before but it's a Jiffy #600 air rivet gun. It's a beast. I use it to drive ball joints down out of control arms pretty often with relative ease. It'll spin seized hub bearings in the knuckle easily and twist them out. If only I could use it to install the ball joints... Same reason I bought a 1250K impact, it'll take stuff off that I'd normally need a breaker bar and a pipe. Also I frequently reach for heat to help. Most of what I'm working on is 10+yrs/100K+miles so I need all the help I can get.

I just have my matco air hammer. Its fine for most the stuff I need it for. I like it because the trigger is very easy to feather. Other than that I have the mac antivibe hammers... great hammers. Ergonomics are spot on and it really hits without rattling your arms off. I am not a fan of dead blow hammers. I bought a snap on and I hardly ever use it. Doesn't hit worth a damn and feels too light.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

4 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

This was fun. 2wd Sierra cossie running about 550hp, I see why they have such a following now

IMG_20210306_174549_392.jpg

Fun ride for sure mine.....

IMG_9253.JPG

Pete

Ah, the curse of a Turbocharger... Once you taste it, you just want bigger and bigger ones. 😧

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

On 3/4/2021 at 1:32 PM, FakeFBI said:

just gonna maybe change the topic a bit what are some of the most underrated drift cars, and when i mean by that I don't mean something that is a famous car like the corolla e80 gen (since takumi dude already destroyed the price)

but im talking about cars people avoid because of poor power, poor tunability, or just the high expensive of having the car .

but they could also be like a super tunable, decent power to weight ratio, they got high quantity, and a lot cheaper 

idk if this is a interesting topic, but guess no one cars bout it

On 3/4/2021 at 7:32 PM, FakeFBI said:

just gonna maybe change the topic a bit what are some of the most underrated drift cars, and when i mean by that I don't mean something that is a famous car like the corolla e80 gen (since takumi dude already destroyed the price)

but im talking about cars people avoid because of poor power, poor tunability, or just the high expensive of having the car .

but they could also be like a super tunable, decent power to weight ratio, they got high quantity, and a lot cheaper 

not sure about over there but here z3s are cheap as chips and make pretty good drift cars, come with a slipper from the factory on some of the bigger models

Pete

1 minute ago, 711jrp said:

not sure about over there but here z3s are cheap as chips and make pretty good drift cars, come with a slipper from the factory on some of the bigger models

i forgot how much they cost but i got this dealership nearby that sell exotic cars but im not in cali, they have about 7 z3's in stock i think the lowest price one of them have is like 42kUSD so kinda expensive (they overprice crap ton they sold a 350z for 32k

13 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

i forgot how much they cost but i got this dealership nearby that sell exotic cars but im not in cali, they have about 7 z3's in stock i think the lowest price one of them have is like 42kUSD so kinda expensive (they overprice crap ton they sold a 350z for 32k

No way!! over here you can pick up a decent 2,8 fattass without moon miles for 4k.... 6k will get you a real nice one. 

Pete

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

Anything is a drift car with enough speed and crappy tires.

not really

1 minute ago, 711jrp said:

No way!! over here you can pick up a decent 2,8 fattass without moon miles for 4k.... 6k will get you a real nice one. 

im now extremly considering just importing japanease cars that were sold in europe, they prob sell it 5x cheaper

Just now, FakeFBI said:

not really

100% really, get going fast enough and snap the wheel to the side with bald dollar store tires and that baby will drift for days, might even get into low earth orbit with those starlink satellites if you pop it up on a curb.

8 minutes ago, Bitter said:

100% really, get going fast enough and snap the wheel to the side with bald dollar store tires and that baby will drift for days, might even get into low earth orbit with those starlink satellites if you pop it up on a curb.

The @terrytek special

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

21 minutes ago, Bitter said:

FF cars

EDIT: they can drift but im talking about underrated drift cars not just anything

36 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Even just old tires. They become like rocks and don’t grip for nothing 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

8 hours ago, FakeFBI said:

im now extremly considering just importing japanease cars that were sold in europe, they prob sell it 5x cheaper

Funny enough that was my business up until a couple of years ago , Importing Japanese cars to the UK, unfortunately nothing exciting people carriers mainly. 

IMG_0242.JPG

Pete

9 hours ago, Sarra said:

Ah, the curse of a Turbocharger... Once you taste it, you just want bigger and bigger ones. 😧

mmm lag

25 minutes ago, 711jrp said:

Funny enough that was my business up until a couple of years ago , Importing Japanese cars to the UK, unfortunately nothing exciting people carriers mainly. 

Nice, have you ever imported half cuts or drivetrains? I was wondering if the whole process is easier and cheaper compared to full on cars? 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

5 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

mmm lag

cars are funner when you cross 4000 rpm and suddenly have 400 extra horsepower

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

12 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I too like to die in stupid ways and end up on youtube

39 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

You're gonna love a 2ZZ-GE.

49 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

there's this beamng (car crashing psychics game) that you can put 4 turbos on a this default car that's supposed to resemble french cars, point is that the one that has exhausts out of the hood got mega lag, it gives an extra 1000whp and sometimes blows the motor, the mod also gives preinstalled turbos so you don't have to worry about blown motors

7 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

mmm lag

The turbo is so small on the Forester/Baja, I actually forgot what lag even is. @__@

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

10 hours ago, Levent said:

Nice, have you ever imported half cuts or drivetrains? I was wondering if the whole process is easier and cheaper compared to full on cars? 

No I have never done that

Pete