Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, vetali said:

I'd disagree, the 2500 looks much much worse. The 1500 is the regular civic, and the 2500 is the civic type r for styling. 

If you insist

FB_IMG_1544073441244.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

FB_IMG_1544073441244.jpg

literally just why...... i used to like the silverado HD trucks. now i'd be more than happy with a tundra, even if it's less capable than one. at least toyota hasn't gone full on ugly with their trucks yet. their cars have been radically styled, yet the utility vehicles have avoided it. nice.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

unknown.png

something about the peak power seems off 

Bildresultat för thonking

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

85hp on a 600CC bike is a lot! derp I know how to read.

That RAM grille is bad, but that Chevy grill puts pretty much everything I've ever seen to shame. Still glad I like Ford (and glad they just updated their trucks a couple years ago, so I have another year or two before I have to be scared).

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

1 minute ago, Cereal5 said:

85hp on a 600CC bike is a lot!

not really, but considering that its from the 80s its decent. i was more thinking about the peak power at 95k rpm :P 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

10 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

not really, but considering that its from the 80s its decent. i was more thinking about the peak power at 95k rpm :P 

I mean it is a honda after all

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

17 hours ago, Disgruntled Homer said:

LeAkY oIl TiMe!20181205_181136.thumb.jpg.bb6c99f291a584978ac35671ba83b2d0.jpg

It's a Subaru they don't leak they burn lol

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

The RAM still doesn't look bad to me. Neither does the Shitrolet 1500.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

16 hours ago, warmmilk said:

if I go evo again, it'll be an 8 or 9... only way it'd be a X is if I come across a deal thats literally a steal... also no compound turbo, nothing crazy power wise, but definitely MCS suspension...

I really want either an Evo 9 wagon with the 5 speed manual or a Ralliart Lancer hatch with the SST from the evo x generation which is basically a not as powerful and not as aggressive evo hatch 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

50 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

I really want either an Evo 9 wagon with the 5 speed manual or a Ralliart Lancer hatch with the SST from the evo x generation which is basically a not as powerful and not as aggressive evo hatch 

I've never been a huge fan of the evo wagons... as much as I like wagons, I don't think the evo versions look all great... just my 2 cents

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

7 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

I've never been a huge fan of the evo wagons... as much as I like wagons, I don't think the evo versions look all great... just my 2 cents

i just prefer wagons over sedans ... for most if not all cars 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

i just prefer wagons over sedans ... for most if not all cars 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

as much as i like wagons, and the lancer evo, i actually don't like the wagon that much. i think the back is just too  boxy for a wagon, especially when it's kinda curvy up front. If it's a bit more rounded in the rear, it'd probably be a more attractive wagon.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

as much as i like wagons, and the lancer evo, i actually don't like the wagon that much. i think the back is just too  boxy for a wagon, especially when it's kinda curvy up front. If it's a bit more rounded in the rear, it'd probably be a more attractive wagon.

dont really see how this is "curvy" 

image.png.5a27a1625b57c027ac64ed43a2d92a42.png

and the ralliart sportback isint much curvier either 

image.png.436621c6cfef803c9fcd5d919d656401.png

So I went to the Tampa Bay international car show last month to look for a future upgrade to my 2014 Lexus GS 350 F-sport pk. After looking around the whole place an sitting  dozens of cars I was hard pressed to find something that was more comfortable then what I already own.  The only cars that I found to be somewhat decent becides Lexus's offerings were the Mercedes S550, Kia stinger, Kia K900, and Genesis G70.  I was very disappointed with all the other cars that were avalable at the show all the seats and interiors felt hard,  cheap or boring.  So my question is has anyone been in any modern car that was comfortable, sporty, and loaded with good tech? 

59 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

dont really see how this is "curvy" 

image.png.5a27a1625b57c027ac64ed43a2d92a42.png

and the ralliart sportback isint much curvier either 

image.png.436621c6cfef803c9fcd5d919d656401.png

I usually like both hatches and wagons, but those are both pretty ugly. I’d take a 9 before a 10 regardless though lol (who wouldn’t)

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

34 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

I usually like both hatches and wagons, but those are both pretty ugly. I’d take a 9 before a 10 regardless though lol (who wouldn’t)

actually ... for a daily driver ... Evo x with the SST box is better than a Evo 9 

11 minutes ago, Disgruntled Homer said:

To be fair, you drive a nice car. You've just got to lower you're standards--like me. Mine are so low that I think even a Corrola interior is the bees knees. 

Thats the thing though old Chysler Sebring had a nice interior that was comfortable and  allot of older cars had nice soft leather and cloth seats now they are all hard and made out of ruff textures.  I Have been in several Audis, BMW, Mercedes and im not sure if it was becouse I was in a base model or what but the interiors did not impress me what so ever. 

actually ... for a daily driver ... Evo x with the SST box is better than a Evo 9 

you dont daily an evo tho

asking for trouble really

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

6 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

you dont daily an evo tho

asking for trouble really

why wouldn't you? :P 

perfect for winter :D 

why wouldn't you? :P 

perfect for winter :D 

Yeah perfect for freezing to death when it breaks down

at least always keep blankets in it xD 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 hours ago, ELSknutson said:

So I went to the Tampa Bay international car show last month to look for a future upgrade to my 2014 Lexus GS 350 F-sport pk. After looking around the whole place an sitting  dozens of cars I was hard pressed to find something that was more comfortable then what I already own.  The only cars that I found to be somewhat decent becides Lexus's offerings were the Mercedes S550, Kia stinger, Kia K900, and Genesis G70.  I was very disappointed with all the other cars that were avalable at the show all the seats and interiors felt hard,  cheap or boring.  So my question is has anyone been in any modern car that was comfortable, sporty, and loaded with good tech? 

Lexus interiors tbf are already nice, so you are kinda having high expectations already. but really a modern car that would fit these categories (to me anyway) would be a v6 camry xse, mainly the newest ones. sporty for a camry since 300hp in a camry ain't a joke, has tech that makes it feel up to date, and has pretty soft seating too. and you have the reliability as a bonus, since that is the reputation toyotas have.

36 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Lexus interiors tbf are already nice, so you are kinda having high expectations already. but really a modern car that would fit these categories (to me anyway) would be a v6 camry xse, mainly the newest ones. sporty for a camry since 300hp in a camry ain't a joke, has tech that makes it feel up to date, and has pretty soft seating too. and you have the reliability as a bonus, since that is the reputation toyotas have.

Image result for toyota tacoma frame

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

-Snip-

Ah yes, the elusive dump truck package. Very rare.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2019 Prius GT300. New carbon tub based with the V8 out of the RCF GT3 instead of the TS030 this time. Same hybrid systems as before.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB