Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Is that the k24? Sweet. I really would love to supercharge my j30. That would be fun.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

1 hour ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

You're discussing trucks when you have different perceptions of them in your heads...

For example:

To me, this is a truck

DAF-XF-Cami%C3%A3o-Frota-Do-Ano.jpg

Which the americans call a semi. Or a lorry or wtv they want.

Ew DAF

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 hour ago, FuzzyYellow said:

Is that the k24? Sweet. I really would love to supercharge my j30. That would be fun.

Yeah it's a buddy of mine's winter project. Picked it up with a blown transmission for $380

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 hour ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

You're discussing trucks when you have different perceptions of them in your heads...

I'm discussing them using the actual definintion.

Semi TRUCK

Pick'em up TRUCK

The vehicular hermaphrodites that are the El CaBeaner, Ford Ranchero, and Dodge Rampage. Yes, technically a truck.

Just using the first half as a short hand does not magically make them non trucks. Neither does using a different name for them.

4 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

americans getting pissed off cause their trucks got called utes because of regional differences ... /s :ph34r:

Doesn't @AlwaysFSX originate from Deutschland?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

16 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Yeah it's a buddy of mine's winter project. Picked it up with a blown transmission for $380

Fuuun! A coupe?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Dude I was born in California.

Then it was someone else I'm thinking of.

Also, sorry for that.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Hey guys how it go-

*Truck debate*

Image result for popcorn gif

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Truck debate

I wouldn't constitute this one as being a debate. Clarification of what a truck is and mocking the foreign kid, yes. Debate, no.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

47 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Hey guys how it go-

*Truck debate*

Image result for popcorn gif

Truck.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

that editing tho ?

I'm a professional. ;) 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

28 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I'm a professional. ;) 

I can tell lol

41 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Truck.jpg

That was my favorite edition of Change My Mind

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

5 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

For example:

To me, this is a truck

DAF-XF-Cami%C3%A3o-Frota-Do-Ano.jpg

Which the americans call a semi. Or a lorry or wtv they want.

First of all what the fuck is a lorry ? damn brits

The technical term for that is a tractor. The term semi comes from the trailer, which is called so because it does not have a front axle, it only has axles on half the trailer, aka semi-trailer (also it being designed to carry heavy loads and connect to a tractor via 5er)

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Just now, Cereal5 said:

First of all what the fuck is a lorry

British term for a train or semi truck.

Just now, Cereal5 said:

The technical term for that is a tractor.

There are two technical terms:

Truck.

Tractor.

Because it does fit both definitions. However, a semi truck is also referred to as "half truck" because it is one half of the overall design.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

9 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

British term for a train or semi truck.

Ok so if lorry means train then anyone who calls a truck a lorry has no room to talk... (not saying you)

9 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

However, a semi truck is also referred to as "half truck" because it is one half of the overall design

The term semi originated from the design of the trailer, not the truck. A quick google search makes that quite apparent. The lack of front axles and the need for a truck to provide weight bearing for the front of the trailer is how it became known as a semi-trailer. Then people just conflated truck and semi-trailer, just like they did mid-size and full-size pick up lol.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Just now, Cereal5 said:

Ok so if lorry means train then anyone who calls a truck a lorry has no room to talk...

Lorry is largely just referring to relatively large cargo vehicles. Both semi trucks and trains are relatively large and both are often used as cargo vehicles.

2 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

The term semi originated from the design of the trailer, not the truck. A quick google search makes that quite apparent. The lack of front axles and the need for a truck to provide weight bearing for the front of the trailer is how it became known as a semi-trailer. Then people just conflated truck and semi-trailer

Doesn't matter how the word originated, that's how it is used now.

Otherwise:

Fag wouldn't be offensive in the US.

Queer wouldn't be offensive in the US.

Media outlets wouldn't be calling for the banning of assault rifles.

Bitch wouldn't be a common insult.

We wouldn't call F150s and Ram 1500s half ton trucks, as both have payload ratings above 1,800lb. And don't try to tell me that it's due to their weight, they both weigh more than a ton as well.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

14 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Lorry is largely just referring to relatively large cargo vehicles. Both semi trucks and trains are relatively large and both are often used as cargo vehicles.

Doesn't matter how the word originated, that's how it is used now.

Otherwise:

Fag wouldn't be offensive in the US.

Queer wouldn't be offensive in the US.

Media outlets wouldn't be calling for the banning of assault rifles.

Bitch wouldn't be a common insult.

We wouldn't call F150s and Ram 1500s half ton trucks, as both have payload ratings above 1,800lb. And don't try to tell me that it's due to their weight, they both weigh more than a ton as well.

Just cause you use a term wrong doesn’t mean it changes the definition to whatever it is commonly used incorrectly as. I’m pretty sure you said something similar just a few pages ago about pick ups...

edit: I don’t give a flying poop what is offensive, I’m gonna say what I want. Also your logic on half ton trucks is backwards, because we still call them half tons. You’re trying to call a tractor a new name and say that’s what the name has evolved into, not what the truck has evolved into

[Under Construction]

38 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

First of all what the fuck is a lorry ? damn brits

A heavy goods vehicle is a lorry over here.

Whether that be a tractor unit, rigid, unit and drag etc

Rally lorry

20181029_165411.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

2 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

Just cause you use a term wrong doesn’t mean it changes the definition to whatever it is commonly used incorrectly as.

If a connotation for a word is used commonly for enough time for said connotation to become understood more often than denotation, it will become the new denotation.

That happened with the term "semi trucks."

That has not happened with the terms "truck" or "mid sized."

3 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

I’m pretty sure you said something similar just a few pages ago about pick ups... 

Not really. I said that, by denotation, trucks are trucks. I said that what is currently called "mid-sized pickup" does not match with the denotation or connotation of "mid-sized," which is a middle size.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.