Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

And yet construction groups all across the country save money by doing exactly that.

And yet their trailers aren't viable 100% of the time either.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

And yet their trailers aren't viable 100% of the time either.

I've been around construction a lot. Trailers are viable 99% of the time. That 1% is special circumstances where you aren't using a company vehicle to move material around.

54 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I've been around construction a lot. Trailers are viable 99% of the time. That 1% is special circumstances where you aren't using a company vehicle to move material around.

b-b-but muh godtruck!

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

58 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Oh I forgot, the moment I put any payload in my truck it'll spontaneously combust because it's sooooooooo bad.

Hmm, 2100 lbs of concrete and the axle didn't snap. Odd.

Makes my arch gap look tiny

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

7 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Makes my arch gap look tiny

This is stock lol

20170211_122052.thumb.jpg.a3c0d6cc67472306d2eb953dd9b0444d.jpg

Me reading the truck termoil

Image result for michael jackson popcorn

This is the same guy who wouldn't put a tiny dash cam behind his rear view mirror on his windshield because he need maximum 110% unobstructed visibility of everything on the road. He will not budge in his beliefs and no amount of persuading will make him undig his hole, rather continue digging downwards.

God speed good sir. Say hello to the Chinese when you reach the other side

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

This is the same guy who wouldn't put a tiny dash cam behind his rear view mirror on his windshield because he need maximum 110% unobstructed visibility of everything on the road.

what, really?

13 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

This is stock lol

20170211_122052.thumb.jpg.a3c0d6cc67472306d2eb953dd9b0444d.jpg

jesus

20170825_181855.jpg

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

:'D

Venti coffee for scale.

Tbf yours needs that much gap aha, mine is just massive for no reason lmao

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Tbf yours needs that much gap aha, mine is just massive for no reason lmao

"massive"

You should see the newer Fords, fuck sakes those are taller. There's a neighbor I have with an F-450 with a solid 4k lbs of welding equipment on a bed and that thing still doesn't squat a lot.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

"massive"

You should see the newer Fords, fuck sakes those are taller. There's a neighbor I have with an F-450 with a solid 4k lbs of welding equipment on a bed and that thing still doesn't squat a lot.

to get rid of it almost entirely the car needs a minimum of 65mm drop, for such a small car its huge, can stand on the wheels perfectly fine lmao

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

to get rid of it almost entirely the car needs a minimum of 65mm drop, for such a small car its huge, can stand on the wheels perfectly fine lmao

So just right? kappa

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

So just right? kappa

I really want coilovers rn aha

18 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

what, really?

Yep. I brought up that I had a dash cam in my car because it would help in a "he said she said" situation with no witnesses, and he was just not having it. I just tend to let him go. It's not worth the head bashing, though I did enjoy the last three pages

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

4 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

I really want coilovers rn aha

I really want some shackles for my leaf springs.

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Yep. I brought up that I had a dash cam in my car because it would help in a "he said she said" situation with no witnesses, and he was just not having it. I just tend to let him go. It's not worth the head bashing, though I did enjoy the last three pages

This is what happens when I'm bored.

6 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

On your points here, a 3500 chassis cab can do your 6400 pounds of drywall in one trip. Haven't looked up for the normal DRW 3500, usually the chassis cabs use different springs than the pickups. 

Speaking of differences in the chassis cabs and pickups, above a one ton, Ford is the only one to offer a truck with a normal pickup bed. 

The frames are differnt. The beds dont line up. To do it, aside from creating mounts, you need to need to order a 60" cab to axle truck, make the mounts that can hold the weight, then put the bed on and realise that you either need to not have the wheel centered in the arch, or have a sizeable gap between the bed and the box. 

However on the last point, proportionally the 5500 hauls AND tows more. 

To add, you can get an F-350 with a 7,630 lbs payload capacity if you're really adamant on not using a trailer. And it's not a chassis cab either.

31 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Whats the max payload of the 450 w/ bed?

5,630 2WD, 5,310 4WD. This is the consumer F-450, not the chassis cab version btw.

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Neat. 

I'd tell you about the chassis cab trucks too but I can't get the spec sheet since the site gives me a 400 error, lmao. Darn Ford breaking things again.

can we get back to talking about exciting things, like electric cars and hybrids?

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

DuK10BO.jpg