Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

8 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I can't do that with a 3500 or F350. Other than the XD, the trucks I listed are too small for any work (meaning the only reason I would drive them is that I find them aesthetically pleasing).

Wtf are you smoking bruh, if I didn't know any better I'd say you've never touched a truck in your life.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Wtf are you smoking bruh, if I didn't know any better I'd say you've never touched a truck in your life.

He's like @terrytek, but with RAMs instead of Toyotas.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Just now, arnavvr said:

At least terry acknowledges other trucks can do shit, he just prefers Toyotas. This is a whole 'nother level of not knowing what the fuck you can do with a truck.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Wtf are you smoking bruh

paint chips and Ritalin

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Just now, vetali said:

paint chips and Ritalin

I need that diet in my life apparently.

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

What on gods green earth are you pulling to exceed the capibilities of an F450, which stock is the heaviest you can get factory with a bed. 

Your attitude of this whole exchange is that seen on reddit.com/r/iamverysmart/ or reddit.com/r/quityourbullshit/

if what you do actually required something heavier than a 1 ton, you wouldn't even waist your time comparing them to the half tons, or the minitrucks. Which is what they are. 

Remember, an F-450 is shit, they'll break down if you try to back out of your garage.

7 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Wtf are you smoking bruh

3500/F350 can't haul all the material I've had to transport. Spending 3/4 of an hour on a 5 minute route is not fun.

The beds on all the trucks I've listed are too small. For work, they're worthless.

5 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

Not true. I also feel as affectionately towards Toyota, Ford F250+, Sterling, and older International trucks.

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

This is a whole 'nother level of not knowing what the fuck you can do with a truck.

Not really, utility wise, small trucks just aren't worth much. While I don't like the Dakota going the way of the Dodo, and the Ranger doing so as well in the Americas, there was a reason for it: their larger half ton brothers were all around better. Everyone I've known that has owned anything smaller than an early '00 F150, regretted it because those trucks were too limiting when they needed the truck to be a truck.

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

you wouldn't even waist your time comparing them to the half tons, or the minitrucks. Which is what they are. 

I'm comparing the AESTHETIC of the small trucks. Vetali wanted an objective reason why I'd chose the RAM, for whatever reason, to what was previously my saying I much prefer the aesthetic of the new RAM design over the ugly things on the road today.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

3500/F350 can't haul all the material I've had to transport. Spending 3/4 of an hour on a 5 minute route is not fun.

u fookin wat m8

u fookin wat m8

Drywall is heavy.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Vetali wanted an objective reason why I'd chose the RAM, for whatever reason

you still haven't provided that, but succeeded in further digging yourself into a hole even your godtruck couldn't manage itself out of. congratulations, quite the feat apparently.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

The beds on all the trucks I've listed are too small. For work, they're worthless.

Not true. I also feel as affectionately towards Toyota, Ford F250+, Sterling, and older International trucks.

Not really, utility wise, small trucks just aren't worth much. While I don't like the Dakota going the way of the Dodo, and the Ranger doing so as well in the Americas, there was a reason for it: their larger half ton brothers were all around better. Everyone I've known that has owned anything smaller than an early '00 F150, regretted it because those trucks were too limiting when they needed the truck to be a truck.

I'm comparing the AESTHETIC of the small trucks. Vetali wanted an objective reason why I'd chose the RAM, for whatever reason, to what was previously my saying I much prefer the aesthetic of the new RAM design over the ugly things on the road today.

My fucking god dude even I'm not this obnoxious when it comes to truck bias at least I know capabilities of trucks you just seem to be pulling bullshit straight out of your ass.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Drywall is heavy.

There is no amount of drywall your Ram could pull that a Chevy or Ford can't.

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Speaking of drywall too heavy for minitrucks. 

This is a 'mid size' van. Competes with the city sized ford transit which is one size smaller than the Transit 150. One size smaller than the half ton. 

Dude did you know that real drywall is like 8,000 lbs a sheet. 9_9

12 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Now i dont know how many sheets are on a pallet, but gargle spits out a 8'x4' sheet is 52 pounds. 

That Metris holds 62 sheets with room up top, 52x62 is ~3,200 pounds, an f150 has an offcial payload of 3,300 pounds for the 2015 model year. 

Yeah but when you put that much weight in them the truck will refuse to start, remember?

7 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah but when you put that much weight in them the truck will refuse to start, remember?

the future™

7 minutes ago, vetali said:

the future™

Push to start, load to fail.

9 hours ago, vetali said:

rust, rust everywhere.

speaking of which, somebody decided to salt the backroads here when it was barely icy. was doing my axle seal last week and noticed my car was starting to get quite rusty.

Shouldn’t be a problem here 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

While my dad's Skoda was being repaired, he also got a brand new RAV4 rental, and my god is it ugly.

Looks like angry eyebrows and shard corners had a child.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

10 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

How many sheets have you moved at once?

20 sheets of 10', non lightweight, 5/8 inch drywall. Roughly 80lb per sheet, 1600lb total. My truck is rated for just shy of 2,000.

That day, I needed to move 80. 6400lb. Very minimum, I'd need a 4500 to do a single trip. Ideally, since my company is moving to fewer supplier deliveries, an F450 or 5500 would be better, especially the 5500.

The lightweight stuff doesn't snap nearly as well, plus none of my guys need to go to the gym afterwards.

okay... i go back to my origonal point, you're comaring one ton+ to a half ton, a half ton with a fixed bed, a minivan/pilot abortion, and three minitrucks.

FOR THE FUCKING AESTHETIC.

10 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

There is no amount of drywall your Ram could pull that a Chevy or Ford can't.

My RAM, no. It's just a 2500.

However, Ford is out. Roughly $5,000 to get as close as the same feature set in their F450 as a 5500, unfortunately some of the nice things that justify the price don't mean jack shit to me for a work truck.

Chevy is out because I simply don't trust anything they make to last, doing what I want to do with them.

Toyota is out because the Tundra is still only a gasoline half ton.

Sterling is out because I need to seek out a dealer that specializes with them (they're also basically last gen RAM chassis cabs).

Well i put my drywall in a trailer' 

a trailer that you wouldn't be pulling with anything smaller than your god truck.

If I used a trailer, I wouldn't need anything more than my 2500. Hell, I could haul 160 sheets of Sheetrock right now if a trailer was viable 100% of the time right now.

Actually, anything more than getting a new 3500 would be a waste if I could trailer it, the 5500 doesn't really pull more than the 3500, just haul more.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

35 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

20 sheets of 10', non lightweight, 5/8 inch drywall. Roughly 80lb per sheet, 1600lb total. My truck is rated for just shy of 2,000.

That day, I needed to move 80. 6400lb. Very minimum, I'd need a 4500 to do a single trip. Ideally, since my company is moving to fewer supplier deliveries, an F450 or 5500 would be better, especially the 5500.

12 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Looks good and I don't need to multi trip material runs.

5a5b9df51f01b_rampayload.PNG.fc7b2a44b7b9a3f460b0c18b4cb65932.PNG

385167208319418388.png

So lemme get this straight, your Ram is better even though it also can't do the job.

What am I missing here?

@AlwaysFSX My truck is rated for just under 2,000lb. I moved 6,400lb of sheetrock in 1,600lb increments.

With the 5500, I could move all 6,400lb in a single trip, and Dodge/RAM makes good looking trucks.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

@AlwaysFSX My truck is rated for just under 2,000lb. I moved 6,400lb of sheetrock in 1,600lb increments.

With the 5500, I could move all 6,400lb in a single trip, and Dodge/RAM makes good looking trucks.

And instead, I could spend half the price, buy an F-150, get a trailer, fuel for weeks, and move all that drywall.

385167208319418388.png

And instead, I could spend half the price, buy an F-150, get a trailer, fuel for weeks, and move all that drywall.

If that were a viable solution all the time, I'd have done it long before now, and I wouldn't have gotten the 2500, I'd keep with my Dakota, but it's not, so I haven't.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Oh I forgot, the moment I put any payload in my truck it'll spontaneously combust because it's sooooooooo bad.

20170211_114919.thumb.jpg.1ae38b198253bf436e5226d28756de0b.jpg

Hmm, 2100 lbs of concrete and the axle didn't snap. Odd.

Just now, Drak3 said:

If that were a viable solution all the time, I'd have done it long before now, and I wouldn't have gotten the 2500, I'd keep with my Dakota, but it's not, so I haven't.

And yet construction groups all across the country save money by doing exactly that.