Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

yay time for the insurance company spying tools to come off of the cars

not that it stopped me from driving like a crazed nutcase when I felt like it... and we still got discounts lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

25 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

yay time for the insurance company spying tools to come off of the cars

not that it stopped me from driving like a crazed nutcase when I felt like it... and we still got discounts lol

I'm always afraid of those, not cuz I drive like a mad man, but I don't want them to know how many miles I drive lol. 

I may or may not have checked the 12k miles/yr box when I really do about double that...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

9 hours ago, vetali said:

they cover up tow hooks for delivery to protect them. its a production truck. there is a guy standing there, so thats why its blocked out.

Except for the guy standing behind the truck isn't blocked out. 

7 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

-snip-

Well, atleast two outlets got early release information on the Ram: http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ram/1500/2019/2019-ram-1500-first-look-review/
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/detroit-auto-show/a15159626/2019-ram-1500-this-is-it/

I like them so far, especially over GM oversized Colorado, but they feel like they lost the "bigness" that the previous generation had. 

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

"$150,000" Subaru with a 2JZ swap. The car is cool and all. But you get a more realistic price for this vehicle if you knock off a zero from the asking price.

2 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I'm always afraid of those, not cuz I drive like a mad man, but I don't want them to know how many miles I drive lol. 

I may or may not have checked the 12k miles/yr box when I really do about double that...

apparently they don't care too much if you hit lower triple digits every now and then....

:ph34r:

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

36 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

"$150,000" Subaru with a 2JZ swap. The car is cool and all. But you get a more realistic price for this vehicle if you knock off a zero from the asking price.

$10k is probably the maximum i'd pay for it.

150k is Hellcat + a years worth of  gas territory.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

4 hours ago, EstonianTech said:

As my first post in this thread, what could be nicer than this gorgeous e30 M3

1986-Group-A-BMW-E30-M3-01.png

maxresdefault.jpg

do i need to post any Group A E30? 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

3 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I just hit 8k miles a week ago, bringing the car's total to 16k. 

I really should get the oil changed soon, its been almost 3k miles since i changed it in late august LOL

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I just hit 8k miles a week ago, bringing the car's total to 16k. 

I really should get the oil changed soon, its been almost 3 since i changed it in late august LOL

I'm well on my way to 47k already. :( 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 minute ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I'm well on my way to 47k already. :( 

3x as many miles means you love your car 3x as much, right? :D 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

48 minutes ago, techswede said:

$10k is probably the maximum i'd pay for it.

150k is Hellcat + a years worth of  gas territory.

Hell. There is an actual track prepped E36 with a S54 swap for sale. That is a much better deal than that Subaru.

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/87496/bmw-e36-m3-s54-powered-trackrace-car

2 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

Hell. There is an actual track prepped E36 with a S54 swap for sale. That is a much better deal than that Subaru.

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/87496/bmw-e36-m3-s54-powered-trackrace-car

As the builder and owner of an S54 E36 track car, that is a damn fun car, and the seller is asking way too little for it given the mods/work/labor required to do the swap right.

3 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

As the builder and owner of an S54 E36 track car, that is a damn fun car, and the seller is asking way too little for it given the mods/work/labor required to do the swap right.

hoestly id want a N54 powered E30 2 door or wagon  ...

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

hoestly id want a N54 powered E30 2 door or wagon  ...

Buddy is building one currently...

Lots of work to do it right, lots of metal fab in addition to the electronics, and you still have N54 reliability issues. Not my personal cup of tea but it is a badass project.

Just now, bimmerman said:

Buddy is building one currently...

Lots of work to do it right, lots of metal fab in addition to the electronics, and you still have N54 reliability issues. Not my personal cup of tea but it is a badass project.

omg .... i'd love some pics :D 

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

3x as many miles means you love your car 3x as much, right? :D 

178k km on the faguette. ( 110k miles )

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

Just now, Mister2010 said:

omg .... i'd love some pics :D 

I'll check in with him. The project's been on a very slow burn the last few months as he's been adapting the electronics and squaring away the motor.

Are Suzuki Sidekicks and Geo Trackers too lame for manly man to own and drive daily and still go offroading, but be good on gas. I mean 1.6L is awesome on fuel. But then I read 12V diesels get good mileage, and I remember the 1/4 ton trucks had awesome fuel mileage but those were most likely 4cyl diesels, not inline 6 like 12V.

They got awesome gearing! When jacked up they would kill most cars. Could make them withstand suv's and trucks front and back but not sideways. Roll cage would be a must!

Maybe put it on airbags, with a slider suspension, for highway driving you could lower it so it doesnt flip over on evasion maneauvers then lift it for offroading.

There are two listed for $750 and $900cdn.

The 12V Dodges for the right year 93-96 (Has the P fuel pump the better one) are more expensive, $2K+

No hauling, just want fuel mileage.

I wonder what the 1.6L hauling capability is. LOL 1500lbs it states, how lame. The inline 6cyl Jeep gas hauls 5k lbs.

1.3L is 1000lbs

5 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Are Suzuki Sidekicks and Geo Trackers too lame for manly man to own and drive daily and still go offroading, but be good on gas.

was going to say no if you've got some ridiculous wheels and tires and suspension.

But if you want gas mileage too then you probably can't do that.

They are small vehicles. I havent sat in one yet, I wonder what the shoulder pillars are like, probably no center console to rest the arm with beer can in it. Its basically an over-sized atv. Could do goat trails in the backwoods easily.

The Jeep 2.5L 4cyl only hauls 2k lbs. A lil bigger then Tracker/Sidekick, I bet the gas mileage sucks. I owned many Jeeps in my past, YJ's XJ's ZJ's from 1980's to 2000

some random findings, 100hp is only 75kW

95hp and 99 lbs/ft of torque at 3,000rpm for the 1.6l 16valve engine, not sure of the 8v engine.

Maybe I gotta find me a small diesel engine! to swap into it!

This link got me thinking electric conversion, with elec gen.

http://www.hatz-diesel.com/en/products/diesel-engines/l-series/

20 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Cherry red Shelby Cobra's always get me

Thats a kit car tho

3 hours ago, andrewmp6 said:

Thats a kit car tho

Actually Superformance got rights to produce limited runs licensed by Carrol Shelby himself and used actual “CSX8...” chassis numbers. They were mostly fiberglass bodied cars, and are very sought after. If you find an aluminum bodied Superformance it is basically the same thing as a CSX4... shelby cobra.

I’d buy one in a heart beat but there were some sold at limited run in the 200-250k price range.

So the rental company gave me a 2017 chevy cruze.

It's sooo boring. Like designed from the ground up to be boring, boring.

It does get really good gas mileage though... Sitting at 55 on a flat road the indicator was at 47 US mpg lol. I've been averaging 25 though... It's already seen several big number trips. I think it tops out at 120ish... had to give that little 1.4 a workout lol

Please don't be dumb like me guys xD I kinda feel bad. still crazy that you can drive like a crazed nutcase and average 25 mpg though

Not sure if it'll do a burnout when you turn on the parking brake. Will try. xD

Spoiler