Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

3 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

I bought a pair of in-ear headphones from Canada earlier. I think it took two days for them to arrive in Sweden, maybe three.

Also, a random thought I got when I was watching a video. What's with the bad driving etiquette drivers have in the US? Why would anyone hog the leftmost (passing lane) on a 4-lane freeway?

"Fuck you"

1 minute ago, vetali said:

Well, yeah I already knew that. This video exposed that even more. Hes still not as cringy as some youtubers that talk about mechanics and the inner workings of a car when its obvious they read a marketing pamphlet. 

Still think he's annoying.

2 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

Also, a random thought I got when I was watching a video. What's with the bad driving etiquette drivers have in the US? Why would anyone hog the leftmost (passing lane) on a 4-lane freeway?

I'd say 75% of the time they were never taught what the left lane is for. Here its pretty bad because theres an open median where there are a lot of left turns. So you get gramps slowing to 25 on the highway so he can get his hotdog at the quickie mart. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

41 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I have never thought mushrooms were overpowering? What mushrooms are you eating man?

I guess its more of the fact that I don't like them. So as soon as I taste them I don't want to take another bite of my meal

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Would my new downpipe bolt up / clamp to my stock exhaust? Typically they would right? Photo of new downpipe for reference 

SEX-KRONA-DP-95-POP1.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 hours ago, vetali said:

Either Doug got paid, or he made his favorite manufacturer known.

~snip~

Been thinking about the new NSX lately. It sort of fills a spot where it has no real competition (hybrid super car). I just feel that the car is overpriced for what it is, and the interior isn't anything to write home about.

What other cars can you get for a similar price ($200k)? AMG GT R, 911 Turbo, R8, Vantage V12, and even the 570S are all within the price of the new NSX. All of them have an interior that makes you feel a lot more special.

Actually, thinking back. I forgot the car that is the direct competitor to the NSX. It's the BMW i8.

43 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

Been thinking about the new NSX lately. It sort of fills a spot where it has no real competition (hybrid super car). I just feel that the car is overpriced for what it is, and the interior isn't anything to write home about.

What other cars can you get for a similar price ($200k)? AMG GT R, 911 Turbo, R8, Vantage V12, and even the 570S are all within the price of the new NSX. All of them have an interior that makes you feel a lot more special.

Actually, thinking back. I forgot the car that is the direct competitor to the NSX. It's the BMW i8.

I guess you could get a Mclaren? http://www.caranddriver.com/mclaren/570s-570gt 

Tuned to fuck Z06?

Edit: Even after throwing every option I wanted on the Z06 it totals total to 125k http://www.chevrolet.com/byo-vc/client/en/US/chevrolet/corvette/2017/corvette-z06/summary?ss=H4sIAAAAAAAAAM1VzW7TQBD%2B4iVISBU%2FB3gAcuGClNi1jU%2FIv2kTJ21jOwSDEBd6oxJcUaW%2BAo8Cdzhw4DH6JghmnNm1RSxOjcRKO575dnZ2dmZnDOAR8PE7htdfYb27gFUVYGx4%2FaWVB6%2Fv331%2FhQF4RFBOXkPl5SHUIp1DTSsPKksDqDMvhNpkjEXEhWeETWwX6viEVKYxk3JFZJISmdeCJeULQ46ETALaZo9dMZA4Y6h67Iv5OFvzaRWTmeaCSLiFW4lXpwntnXl0mltPobyaHIoCW0gcO1BlSabcNemtSzKQZi93SJjSVR2vEF8a17KQFpa2J%2BIk8EQ8zjVW2DmGTzdhlUCt6kjIejVuyW8a2A7aNRqNiNmGWTZqsTkZuC3AL2jU60MDt93IMdxVcQ770T5zfHNjjnMP3NsKHDazwhE2AkfaCH6vC%2F64e9hzNIzy3T5dzoAxF1HGAIvmHZoHkJWbYZpHYY7id0a5oPmA5rnWNcyP%2FwFpiqON2VxQfqHmIlnqd2LWWLBujGmK3xzFpd968w2Cxl5Hpeqm%2FkCrbCLsL69cl38FCdvGZNyaufsM0szrxuVcHODmZBzgnmoE7mJGWJpCZ5Nv9OX0NZZR0LE90Gjs96CnUUyfW4J80GjSKWXuokZYPYs7Vj5Do%2Bz3sBtkizuc3dH9KbrcCI25Ikt7zBVHDnbLvmwqXTZyz2yFMmoF%2FiXsRnaTLbC%2FbPK%2FyDhQ59PWgYEFGQ%2FxGE8QIESMBCkyTDFDjgVOsEKBDWq8wlt8wiXaBP1z%2FAHKR6hIsQcAAA%3D%3D

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

6 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

that's crazy expensive around here. like, 1-1.50 more a gallon.

YOU THINK THAT'S A LOT?

I PAY MORE FOR A FREAKING LITER

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I've seen some Teboils (petrol station chain) listing prices for 99e5. I wonder how much it differs from 98e5

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

36 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

I guess you could get a Mclaren? http://www.caranddriver.com/mclaren/570s-570gt 

Tuned to fuck Z06?

Edit: Even after throwing every option I wanted on the Z06 it totals total to 125k

~snip~

It didn't come to my mind because it's not a car that I'm personally interested in.

It might have great power and handling. But I would rather have a no-option 911 Carrera GTS for that price. Yeah, it's down by 200 hp, but it's still the choice I would make.

41 minutes ago, techswede said:

Mmmm

I do love my CB radios IMG_3590.thumb.PNG.093cd70115ca1cb39d02d87ebf88ad87.PNG

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

20170524_074624.jpg

@bcredeur97 so shine much wow !

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

8 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

I get a free meal per shift. Is mucho bueno

But it's international. 

Locations on the USA/Canada border =/= in Canada

And I'm not about to drive down to Niagara Falls for some pancakes.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

7 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

I bought a pair of in-ear headphones from Canada earlier. I think it took two days for them to arrive in Sweden, maybe three.

"Because I'm doing the speed limit and no one needs to pass me"

"because I don't feel like switching lanes every 30 seconds"

are both what I've heard from people who do it. 

I will say in a few places here the left lane is actually a lot smoother than the right lane *cough*cough* US190

so at that point it's a joint effort and everyone just uses the left lane so they don't have to go through the insane right lane. It's stupid that roads are allowed to get as bad as they are here. And pothole after pothole for 100+ miles is not doable at 60mph/~100kph

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

6 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Would my new downpipe bolt up / clamp to my stock exhaust? Typically they would right? Photo of new downpipe for reference 

-snip-

It depends. Find someone who's used it. Or roll the dice

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Folding@Home | BOINC

8 hours ago, yathis said:

mushrooms soak up flavor and sauce

just like that firm soy jello shit, the name escapes me

tofu?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 hour ago, ImadKnight said:

I do love my CB radios 

Yay. It finally happened. 

Still haven't had videos become like that for me

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

42 minutes ago, terrytek said:

tofu?

Mmm, the worthless block of paste with no flavor.

6 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Mmm, the worthless block of paste with no flavor.

Had a friend tell me it tastes like the thing next to it.

THEN EAT THE THING NEXT TO IT. 

Also every time you order tofu some doped up kid in an old toyota hatchback drives recklessly and endangers other mountain motorists. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

Had a friend tell me it tastes like the thing next to it.

THEN EAT THE THING NEXT TO IT. 

Also every time you order tofu some doped up kid in an old toyota hatchback drives recklessly and endangers other mountain motorists. 

Yeah that's basically it. I don't see the point of putting something in a dish that adds nothing. Texture is bleh, there's no flavor, what's the point?

OH RIGHT THERE IS NONE.

Back to putting steak in meals.

10 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah that's basically it. I don't see the point of putting something in a dish that adds nothing. Texture is bleh, there's no flavor, what's the point?

OH RIGHT THERE IS NONE.

I guess you're not a fan of most Asian cuisines, huh

Folding@Home | BOINC

10 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

OH RIGHT THERE IS NONE.

Still not the worst thing though. I have a friend that puts feta cheese in EVERYTHING. I'd take tofu over that at least