Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

@AlwaysFSX it's a shame the dumbest state had to be so beautiful...

i still want to drive the road that supposedly few people few people know about that's awesome. (Because 1 has too much traffic) I saw one article about it a long time ago and didn't share it with anyone :P 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

@AlwaysFSX it's a shame the dumbest state had to be so beautiful...

i still want to drive the road that supposedly few people few people know about that's awesome. I saw one article about it a long time ago and didn't share it with anyone :P 

I'd argue Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, or Maine are more beautiful.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'd argue Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, or Maine are more beautiful.

Colorado is pretty sweet too... at least I thought it was when I went lol

i need to go there again sometime 

and probably get get dragged into skiiing again and nearly die... lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Colorado is pretty sweet too... at least I thought it was when I went lol

i need to go there again sometime 

and probably get get dragged into skiiing again and nearly die... lol

Colorado is very beautiful.

I hit a tree the first time I went skiing, shit hurts.

55 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Oh I forgot about this. Part of Highway 1 has fallen in to the ocean.

Our hope for the rest of California to follow suit is possible.

Holy shit. I thought that was fake until I googled it. Damn...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

This is good to hear 

20170524_182349.png

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

YAAAAAS slant nose  build 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

@MEC-777

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

The i8 is kinda half the price of the NSX, and nowhere near as fast. R8s, 991 Turbo S's and the Vantage are all some £40-£60k cheaper. GT R is limited run and the 570s is just dull.

NSX is too expensive for what it is performance wise

5 hours ago, vetali said:

I'd get it over an i8 because the NSX is a bit more usable and looks much better. 

Personally at that price range I'd get a GT3, but thats me. 

Yeah, I know. I'm just saying that the i8 is the most similar in terms of technology. Both are mid-engine cars, with a set of electric motors powering the front wheels. But if you're looking at them from just the styling/interor, which one would you have? 

And I hadn't even looked at the price of the GT3, starting price of 'only' $150k? Dang. That's actually a great price. And makes it a direct competitor to the AMG GT R.

3 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

And I hadn't even looked at the price of the GT3, starting price of 'only' $150k? Dang. That's actually a great price. And makes it a direct competitor to the AMG GT R.

Yeah but when you option it out it'll be close to 210k most likely lol. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

5 minutes ago, vetali said:

Yeah but when you option it out it'll be close to 210k most likely lol. 

Tried to spec one out just now. And managed to get into the $180k range. Bucket seats and carbon-ceramic brakes is what brings up the price by a good chunk.

Similar story to the AMG GT R.

10 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

Tried to spec one out just now. And managed to get into the $180k range. Bucket seats and carbon-ceramic brakes is what brings up the price by a good chunk.

Similar story to the AMG GT R.

I got to 157k but I didn't get carbon ceramics or bucket seats. 

KahA2YK.png

10/10 would drive a lot

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

3 minutes ago, vetali said:

KahA2YK.png

10/10 would drive a lot

One thing to note: manual 991.2 GT3s wont be allotted build slots till September, whereas the AMG GT R is delayed a few months to delivery.

Folding@Home | BOINC

KahA2YK.png

10/10 would drive a lot

As great of cars as they are. Porsches really aren't my thing.

They're just all too similar looking for me to learn differences between them. If I had a dedicated track toy I'd rather have a Supercharged BRZ / ITB S2000

I wouldn't really want something massive power. Maybe power levels I'll be getting out of the Saab with the Stage 3 tune. Can't see wanting more than that. Could be very wrong

Just now, chaozbandit said:

One thing to note: manual 991.2 GT3s wont be allotted build slots till September, whereas the AMG GT R is delayed a few months to delivery.

Good thing I'm not in a hurry lol. I did pick a manual though. 

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

They're just all too similar looking for me to learn differences between them. If I had a dedicated track toy I'd rather have a Supercharged BRZ / ITB S2000

I wouldn't really want something massive power. Maybe power levels I'll be getting out of the Saab with the Stage 3 tune. Can't see wanting more than that. Could be very wrong

I agree they are very identical looking, but they look great compared to a lot of modern cars. 

1 minute ago, vetali said:

Good thing I'm not in a hurry lol. I did pick a manual though. 

I agree they are very identical looking, but they look great compared to a lot of modern cars. 

They definitely do. And from a performance stand point they are great cars. It's just the appearance is so similar that I can't get behind it. It's not something I'd be exctied to see in my driveway everyday

But then again super powerful things aren't quite my cup of tea more often than not. I'd rather have something light weight and low power to have fun at speeds below the speed limit

When you go high horsepower it seems like you have to go faster and faster to get the same enjoyment as a lower horsepower car. Just my 2 cents though

16 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Welcome to the wonderful world of corporate styling, something nearly all brands after 2012 are guilty of.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Just now, chaozbandit said:

Welcome to the wonderful world of corporate styling, something nearly all brands after 2012 are guilty of.

Oh I know. It's the inevitable future. Just another reason to appreciate older cars in modern times

Speaking of porsches, I think its time for @Maybach123 to check in 

Folding@Home | BOINC

6 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

They definitely do. And from a performance stand point they are great cars. It's just the appearance is so similar that I can't get behind it. It's not something I'd be exctied to see in my driveway everyday

But then again super powerful things aren't quite my cup of tea more often than not. I'd rather have something light weight and low power to have fun at speeds below the speed limit

When you go high horsepower it seems like you have to go faster and faster to get the same enjoyment as a lower horsepower car. Just my 2 cents though

I wouldn't go GT3 for my first rear engine RWD car. Would end up picking my teeth out of a tree. 

kzd1lgb61xuamvblwbud.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

I wouldn't go GT3 for my first rear engine RWD car. Would end up picking my teeth out of a tree. 

I'd much rather have something lower power. MR2 maybe

28 minutes ago, vetali said:

~snip~

10/10 would drive a lot

Base price of the GT3 over here is 1 515 000 SEK (Easiest way to convert to USD is to just remove the last zero, and it's somewhat accurate most of the time).

Price would probably be closer to 160k for a spec I would actually want myself. The $10k for carbon-ceramic brakes is just too much. Maybe would have gotten them if the car were to see a lot of track time.