Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, chaozbandit said:

I guess you're not a fan of most Asian cuisines, huh

Fucking love the stuff, but I think things like tofu are absolutely pointless.

Just now, techswede said:

Still not the worst thing though. I have a friend that puts feta cheese in EVERYTHING. I'd take tofu over that at least

I wouldn't put feta cheese on everything, but the feta my family makes is pretty damn good on a lot of things.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Fucking love the stuff, but I think things like tofu are absolutely pointless.

The correct way to experience tofu is fried or marinated. A good soup is an exception. A quick stir-fry won't do it justice.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

w8pe4atea7ltkxjt9oos.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

do people just drive a car for a bit, leave it in a garage, forget about it, then rediscover it after xx  years?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/6136044432.html

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The correct way to experience tofu is fried or marinated. A good soup is an exception. A quick stir-fry won't do it justice.

Yeah but it's still pointless in my eyes. You could fry anything and probably make it good, doesn't mean I'm going to eat fried butter.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

290k isn't "a bit"

it's not 290k miles, it's 29k miles.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah but it's still pointless in my eyes. You could fry anything and probably make it good, doesn't mean I'm going to eat fried butter.

latin_churros.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.1280.1707

Folding@Home | BOINC

Just now, terrytek said:

it's not 290k miles, it's 29k miles.

Oh shit I read that as 290k. Man someone granny'd that car.

Churros aren't fried butter, churros are also fucking amazing because they have flavor and texture.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Oh shit I read that as 290k. Man someone granny'd that car.

Churros aren't fried butter, churros are also fucking amazing because they have flavor and texture.

and they grannied it BIG time. that looks like any other ordinary car. if those kinda miles were on like a bmw or a lexus it would fetch much more money.

8 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

w8pe4atea7ltkxjt9oos.png

$86,100 Cad (~$64,000 USD) for a diesel 3 series?!?! Fuck that with a rusty pitchfork.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

3 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

$86,100 Cad (~$64,000 USD) for a diesel 3 series?!?! Fuck that with a rusty pitchfork.

Nope that's 86K USD, from Country West BMW

http://jalopnik.com/i-m-pretty-sure-this-bmw-dealer-is-trolling-me-with-ins-1795500967

Folding@Home | BOINC

8 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

uk5Tj9t.gif

ICONIC TORONTO TAXI COMPANY STRIKES AGAIN

NEVER CHANGE, BECK

Folding@Home | BOINC

2 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Jesus. I assumed this was Canada since you posted it, but that makes it even more absurd. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

@Maybach123

Folding@Home | BOINC

43 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I wouldn't put feta cheese on everything, but the feta my family makes is pretty damn good on a lot of things.

Its more the consistency for me. Can't stand it. And it barely goes with anything..

Usually substitute with a few cherry tomatoes in salads if it says to use feta. And i just ignore it on everything else.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Its more the consistency for me. Can't stand it. And it barely goes with anything..

Usually substitute with a few cherry tomatoes in salads if it says to use feta. And i just ignore it on everything else.

Can't disagree, it's a strange cheese. Fucking sucks on this side of the world though, way too acidic.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Can't disagree, it's a strange cheese. Fucking sucks on this side of the world though, way too acidic.

Yeah you're a bit far away from greece. And the strange thing is that i like most other kinds of cheeses. (Even though my stomach doesn't)

Even "Mold" cheese like stilton and stuff. But feta sets off my gag reflex in a big way.

Fetta is alright though. (Some swedes will get this)

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

8 minutes ago, techswede said:

Yeah you're a bit far away from greece. And the strange thing is that i like most other kinds of cheeses. (Even though my stomach doesn't)

Even "Mold" cheese like stilton and stuff. But feta sets off my gag reflex in a big way.

I'm a bit indifferent to cheese. Hate bleu cheese, all of the ones I've tried taste like plastic.

20 minutes ago, techswede said:

9 minutes ago, techswede said:

Fetta is alright though. (Some swedes will get this)

You mean like grymt? 

Also, keso (cottage cheese) is amazing. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'm a bit indifferent to cheese. Hate bleu cheese, all of the ones I've tried taste like plastic.

Its a bit hit and miss. But my favorite cheese is Cumin cheese. Really expensive though. 

Just now, ImadKnight said:

You mean like grymt? 

Also, keso (cottage cheese) is amazing. 

Nope. Fetta. Different pronunciation of Fitta

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Nope. Fetta. Different pronunciation of Fitta

people pronounce it like that???

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads.