Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Through the gates of hell as we make our way to heaven *song continues*

i drove to school in the corolla with studded tyres in deep snow. I DID A BURNOUT!!

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

6 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

also @warmmilk I forgot to congratuate you on your coil-overs (I blame matt from distracting me from my phone all afternoon :P) , they look amazing!!! 

How is the ride quality now? lol

haha, its cool...  my ride quality impressions are still based on the other car i drove.  I don't have my final spring rates yet, need an alignment, and need wheel spacers to stop rubbing.  I drove the car home very carefully avoiding all the bumps and dips to try and reduce rubbing.  so jury is still out... but I know it will be better.

also, forgot to mention about tires not being as sticky as you expected.  its definitely the brand new thing... they need to get some miles on them so the heat pushes out all the oils

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

4 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Slllluuuuuddddddgggggeeeeee

It'll be fiiiiiiiine. Still revs okay, that means nothing is eating itself, right?

6 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

if i have a maple syrup injection system in place of a water injection system, will my exhaust smell wonderful?

Don't you dare waste the holy nectar of our nation.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

so uhh.... the corolla got a lot of atention during our lunch break, because it is my car everyone assumed it was packing power.... but nope, its stock and will remain so for a good while.... 

let me just add: i have a reputation for being quite a "performance entusiast"

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

I just the drove workplace Vito today (rwd van for those who don't know).  It got pretty scary at times.  I'm pretty sure my shoes have more grip than that. 

Good fun on snowy dirt roads though. 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

4 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

I just the drove workplace Vito today (rwd van for those who don't know).  It got pretty scary at times.  I'm pretty sure my shoes have more grip than that. 

what? you got one to slide? the only vito i have ridden in would loose grip and almost stall because of the traction control....

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

8 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

what? you got one to slide? the only vito i have ridden in would loose grip and almost stall because of the traction control....

You could get that thing to slide at like 15kmh.  The traction control didn't really do anything,  also theres a button to turn it off for more fun. 

Just now, RatedBlam said:

You could get that thing to slide at like 15kmh.  The traction control didn't really do anything,  also theres a button to turn it off for more fun. 

hmmmm........ there was no traction controll button in the vito i rode in? although my "uncle" (son of grandma`s boyfriend) has an awd vito wich dosent have traction control...

also, the traction control in the vw caddy`s at the place where dad works have got this funky traction control feature that restricts "how much go you can give it at low speeds" so its basicaly deadish when it detects below zero or rain because its preventing wheelspin. 

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

25 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

84848770.jpg

9 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

hmmmm........ there was no traction controll button in the vito i rode in? although my "uncle" (son of grandma`s boyfriend) has an awd vito wich dosent have traction control...

also, the traction control in the vw caddy`s at the place where dad works have got this funky traction control feature that restricts "how much go you can give it at low speeds" so its basicaly deadish when it detects below zero or rain because its preventing wheelspin. 

Hmm maybe the vito you drove was newer.  

The caddys at my workplace just have a normal kind of traction control.  But they're also 2006 models.  Back when electronic thingies were simpler. 

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

84848770.jpg

Then it'd have studs and screws.  I feel we'd reach the limit of too much metal,  not enough rubber. 

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

budget rally ice tyres:

screw a whole bunch of long selff tapping screws from the inside out and then glue som bicycle tyre tube over the screw heads (use lots of rubber scement to make a nice patch and make sure to clean everything thuroughly to get a good bond) then you use a inner tube that is designed for older car tyres.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Just now, chaozbandit said:

not that i care much about modern super/hyper cars but if you drive one in the winter you need to be mentaly insane.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

7 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

not that i care much about modern super/hyper cars but if you drive one in the winter you need to be mentaly insane.

It has PPF and carbon tub so its less prone to salt and rust damage than a traditional car. UK winters arent that bad (relatively) but hes going on a road trip presumably through the alps.

If it gets worse he has the RS6.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Just now, chaozbandit said:

It has PPF and carbon tub so its less prone to salt and rust damage than a traditional car. UK winters arent that bad (relatively) but hes going on a road trip presumably through the alps.

If it gets worse he has the RS6.

i was talking more about power/weight ratio and how  it`d probably not be that good in snow/ice. i couldnt care less if salt or whatever ekse ate that shell to shit.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

10 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

What the hell Dom

What the fuck...

Fast and Furious went from a car related thing, to something like NCIS/CSI with expensive/modded cars... imo

//////////////////////////////////////

I really hope Playground Games listens to Tomcat :D 

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

10 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

@terrytek @RevoltTrain yeah... nothing I can do about the wheel gap. When you first set the car down after having up in the air though it does tend to sit a little higher than usual for a short time (Like in the pic)

But yeah it does irritate me a bit too. Too high for a sports car. Guess mazda was trying to make it easier for people to get inside because the car is already pretty low as it is (ive had passengers mention it lol)

But to compete in ES I can't do anything legal to change ride height so *shrug*

You thought about eventually lowering it and going up a class or will you stay in ES forever?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

28 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

i was talking more about power/weight ratio and how  it`d probably not be that good in snow/ice. i couldnt care less if salt or whatever ekse ate that shell to shit.

I would like to see how the traction control system handles snow though. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Got a little bit more snow but not much stuck to the car, was super windy and of course the car is under a tree. But some rabbit decides to walk across my hood at some point last night. Why bunny. Why

Supposed to stop snowing today but then snow all day tomorrow into noon Wednesday. Definitely didn't end up with the 10 inches called for 

20161212_092514.jpg

20161212_092529.jpg

20161212_092546.jpg

11 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I mightve forgotton to post this. Got a Red Top yesterday.

That doesn't look like an SR20 to me...

:P

@MEC-777 Whoever does the YT channel for F1 needs a raise - this 8bit compilation of this seasons top memes is top kek

Folding@Home | BOINC

15 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@MEC-777 Whoever does the YT channel for F1 needs a raise - this 8bit compilation of this seasons top memes is top kek

Formula One Management copyrekt it. Wat - that's what the embed thing says. It actually plays when open in it's own tab wat