Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

13 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Do you have lane departure assist?

Or collision prevention assist?

2001 E38

34 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

Snap on ratchet was pretty sweet, surprising how much quicker the job goes with that. Unfortunately it's not mine :( 

I've had the opposite problem on my rsx with it coming loose all the time.... I've never had coilovers seize on me, but I've also never had really cheap coilovers

That's some serious fender gappage, haha

did you drive it? 

Yes I did... Not as grippy as I thought it would be but they also are brand new and it was only 70F so I'm sure it'll get much better lol

itll hold ~35mph around a roundabout that I can't tell you the size of so that's pretty useless lol

they also don't make much noise lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I'm seriously jealous how nice of a S13 he got, plus ChrisFix and SaabKyle that's a win

I need to do the super clean so badly on the Saab next year. UGH

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

7 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yeah because I have a smoke machine just lying around...

Who doesn't?

5 hours ago, terrytek said:

god damn it, i was on my bike, and since it was still slick from last night's downpour, with leaves everywhere, i took a turn a bit too fast and ended up sliding and crashing off my bike. i ended up tearing the palms of my hands, and it was basically a bitch since it hurt so much and it was bleeding like crazy. it just HAD to happen the weekend before finals.

Mmm, bike accidents, I definitely don't miss those.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Who doesn't?

I used to have one just sitting around :ph34r:

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

6 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I used to have one just sitting around :ph34r:

I haven't had a bike in like 8 years.

18 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Who doesn't?

last one i was involved in was back in like june/july. i was crossing a road but a stupid bitch turning right didn't see me in time and hit me at like 15mph. ended up with a scar on my leg that's pretty much permanent but that's about it.

3 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Interesting how big the Meijer brand is, yeah I always thought it was just a Indiana / Michigan thing, same with Kroger for the longest time

kroger doesn't exist in california. there's like 3 stores in the entire state.

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

god damn it you irritate me with that wheelgap. dis tew much :P

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

Any lights on in the dash?

Nope, only when they all lock up, then brake, abs and DSC, but after turning off and turning back on, they go away and everything goes normal.

and does it have a yaw sensor? @Arty

I think this car has 3..... I think, at least one for sure.

32 minutes ago, terrytek said:

last one i was involved in was back in like june/july. i was crossing a road but a stupid bitch turning right didn't see me in time and hit me at like 15mph. ended up with a scar on my leg that's pretty much permanent but that's about it.

I don't remember the last time I had something happen to me on a bike, all I remember is I skinned my knees down a lot.

32 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I don't remember the last time I had something happen to me on a bike, all I remember is I skinned my knees down a lot.

the worst part is that i skinned my right palm, my writing hand, so basically everything i do with my right hand is a bitch, especially if i have to grip on shit.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

53 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

From a bit of research, the yaw sensor might be on its way out. Should be under the seat. I'd do some research on that and what needs to be done to repair it. 

A few people say that thats a part that can go after 10 years.

hmm well 16 years, i guess it's overdue

30 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Yeah, your "writing" hand :P 

Multipurpose, for pencils and pens. ;)

btw if you order from discount tire they will send you hub centric rings if you specify the car at no extra charge even if they don't mention it in the order form.

pretty cool ^_^

No all that's left is the shifter and brakes, and I'm thinking about putting new OEM engine mounts in... and as with everything on this car each one of those is right around $100 lol

oh and not to mention the sway bar.. $150

joy... I hope I get a lot of christmas money this year pahaha

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

also @warmmilk I forgot to congratuate you on your coil-overs (I blame matt from distracting me from my phone all afternoon :P) , they look amazing!!! 

How is the ride quality now? lol

Spoiler

@terrytek @RevoltTrain yeah... nothing I can do about the wheel gap. When you first set the car down after having up in the air though it does tend to sit a little higher than usual for a short time (Like in the pic)

But yeah it does irritate me a bit too. Too high for a sports car. Guess mazda was trying to make it easier for people to get inside because the car is already pretty low as it is (ive had passengers mention it lol)

But to compete in ES I can't do anything legal to change ride height so *shrug*

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, Lone Tree Ridge Farms said:

My Current Project is my Pickup. Got it from my dad when i turned 16 (if i could fix it, i could drive it.) Anyone else on here working on Pickups?

Drive, yes. Working on, no. Thankfully.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Drive, yes. Working on, no. Thankfully.

Mine sat in a Shed for 6 years, have been driving it for 4. Needs a New motor in not too long and transmittion i plan to overhaul at the same time. But i plan on restoring it and repairing the body.

Did either of you ever change the maple syrup in the Frontier?

if i have a maple syrup injection system in place of a water injection system, will my exhaust smell wonderful?

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

No, it will carmalize in the cat and smell terribad. Unfortunatly. And your valves will stick shut. 

Good news is it would seal your valves real tight. Youd be able to rev to exsessive numbers. 

xD 

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

No, it will carmalize in the cat and smell terribad. Unfortunatly. And your valves will stick shut. 

Good news is it would seal your valves real tight. Youd be able to rev to exsessive numbers. 

just rev it until your valves float, then they wont get stuck.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

2 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Did either of you ever change the maple syrup in the Frontier?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh