Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, carguy86 said:

Im an idiot and i broke my racing wheel yesterday *facepalm*

I cut off the wheel rim on my logitech driving force gt and then screwed my momo wheel onto it but the plastic isnt holding the screws....

das smert

Engineering explained copied me....

image.png

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

So that howl noise I talked about yesterday... Heard it again today. 

Vacuum leak perhaps? 

It it goes away when warmed up a bit so I'm wondering if a hose is kinda old or something somewhere and gets hard and doesn't seal when the temp drops.

i say I think it's that because I remember hearing the same sound when I took the oil cap off while it was running one day (which was a bad idea because of the cam lobe underneath but that's another topic lol)

Also as you can tell I missed a spot in that corner while wiping off the wax lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

@MEC-777 NV Auto knows whats up!!

55671270-3548-414F-B56E-6391E99EB7D8.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

59 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Shove a smoke machine in the intake, and youll see smoke coming out of the leak. 

Sounds mind of like it. Could be a PCV leak too

Yeah because I have a smoke machine just lying around...

Spoiler

@carguy86 don't know why but I really love that gen European Corolla lol

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

@carguy86 don't know why but I really love that gen European Corolla lol

i like it because of the front, looks much less agressive than the square headlights.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

3 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

i like it because of the front, looks much less agressive than the square headlights.

I agree! So much better than the north American version too lol

image.jpeg

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I agree! So much better than the north American version too lol

BABYSUBARU!!!!!

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

54 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@MEC-777 NV Auto knows whats up!!

55671270-3548-414F-B56E-6391E99EB7D8.png

Where's NVAuto out of? I know Meijer is a Midwest and mainly Michigan brand for the most part unless I'm missing something 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

4 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Where's NVAuto out of? I know Meijer is a Midwest and mainly Michigan brand for the most part unless I'm missing something 

NV Auto's shop is in Hamilton, Ontario, at the bottom of the Golden Horseshoe (GTHA). An hour or so north west of Buffalo.

nvauto.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

11 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

BABYSUBARU!!!!!

Lol I always joked and said the STI is a Corolla with a wing on the back

Spoiler

10 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Those mountains in the background tho

BC?

Yup, Selkirk Mountains, foothills of the Rockies in the West Kooteny region. Pretty wonderful here.

2 minutes ago, killertek78 said:

Yup, Selkirk Mountains, foothills of the Rockies in the West Kooteny region. Pretty wonderful here.

Jealous. All we have here in ON is some water and a lot of trees.

Folding@Home | BOINC

god damn it, i was on my bike, and since it was still slick from last night's downpour, with leaves everywhere, i took a turn a bit too fast and ended up sliding and crashing off my bike. i ended up tearing the palms of my hands, and it was basically a bitch since it hurt so much and it was bleeding like crazy. it just HAD to happen the weekend before finals.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

god damn it, i was on my bike, and since it was still slick from last night's downpour, with leaves everywhere, i took a turn a bit too fast and ended up sliding and crashing off my bike. i ended up tearing the palms of my hands, and it was basically a bitch since it hurt so much and it was bleeding like crazy. it just HAD to happen the weekend before finals.

If there's anything I've learned about finals week; whatever can go wrong will go wrong before or during it.

last semester I got in a car accident on finals week, this semester it was pouring down and my miata's window seal was leaking onto my arm lol

Spoiler

Not so much car related I suppose, but my mom keeps bugging me about christmas stuff, and I usually have them get me computer christmas stuff... but I can't think of really anything. Waiting to see the new intel stuff before a major upgrade (going to extreme next anyway)

wat do

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

15 minutes ago, vetali said:

Not so much car related I suppose, but my mom keeps bugging me about christmas stuff, and I usually have them get me computer christmas stuff... but I can't think of really anything. Waiting to see the new intel stuff before a major upgrade (going to extreme next anyway)

wat do

"bitch gimme moonai!"

/s

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Got about 3.5 to 5 inches over night last night and NWS is still calling for that total of about 10 inches overall by tomorrow morning. So here's a Saab in the snow update 

20161211_160019.jpg

20161211_160033.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

23 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Got about 3.5 to 5 inches over night last night and NWS is still calling for that total of about 10 inches overall by tomorrow morning. So here's a Saab in the snow update 

Why is there a school bus in the background on many of your pics?

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

got about 6 inches of snow overnight, and it still snowing. :D

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

2 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

NV Auto's shop is in Hamilton, Ontario, at the bottom of the Golden Horseshoe (GTHA). An hour or so north west of Buffalo.

Interesting how big the Meijer brand is, yeah I always thought it was just a Indiana / Michigan thing, same with Kroger for the longest time

21 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

Why is there a school bus in the background on many of your pics?

Neighbor owns the bus and drives for the district