Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, carguy86 said:

FUCKINGS SHIT..... FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK..... I FUCKED UP BIG TIME!!!!

so as you probably know im a frequent ebay user and i also buy stuff for others, well a couple months ago i helped someone buy some car parts... ebay saved his card number and when i made a purchase from ebay today, the money didnt get pulled from my card, it got pulled from his card.... luckily i managed to get a hold of him, explain the situation and give him his money.....

lesson learned: NEVER SHOP FOR SOMEONE ON EBAY WITHOUT TRIPPLE CHECKING THAT THEIR CARD HAS BEEN DELETED FROM YOUR ACCOUNT!!!

lmaooooooo

ACDelco "professional" rotors look identical to centric premiums...  But are half the price for my miata on Amazon at least

hmmm

also engine mounts -- since the Miata doesn't have liquid filled mounts could I get away with some cheaper OE replacements over OEM? I mean they'll literally be $40 for both of them if I do so I mean if it fails in a year I'll just change them again... (It's not that hard). Thinking about changing mine, not that they have failed me yet but just to do it because old car.. And I wonder if they contribute to my occasional clutch judder

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

9 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

lmaooooooo

Im laughing now but realizing that you have spent someone else's money is the worst thing in the world!

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

5 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

AYYY CANADA REPRESENT

I remember that story. Love the engineering work behind it, dont like the body kit.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Sisters boyfriends family is super rich and casually bought him a brand new Mustang just because. A 16 year old boy that's only been driving 2 months doesn't need a brand new Mustang especially in the snow.

It just pisses me off when people just have cars handed to them just because. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I was raised in a single income house where we struggled to keep a roof above us and food in us. 

Sorry for the little rant

20161212_164316.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

7 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

Im laughing now but realizing that you have spent someone else's money is the worst thing in the world!

I'd be fine with it so long as it got corrected, it's pretty amusing.

Folding@Home | BOINC

4 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Sisters boyfriends family is super rich and casually bought him a brand new Mustang just because. A 16 year old boy that's only been driving 2 months doesn't need a brand new Mustang especially in the snow.

It just pisses me off when people just have cars handed to them just because. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I was raised in a single income house where we struggled to keep a roof above us and food in us. 

Older models are getting dirt cheap to pick up, they drop in value pretty quick because everyone has one.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Older models are getting dirt cheap to pick up, they drop in value pretty quick because everyone has one.

Thing is it has 2k miles on it and every option it's also a v8. So I know that a lot of money was dropped on it for him to get it, and he's not going to be the one paying insurance or paying for gas for it. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

8 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

AYYY CANADA REPRESENT

I remember that story. Love the engineering work behind it, dont like the body kit.

I actually quite like it.

6 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Well, I think we all share the same feels when it comes to rich cunts having things handed over unnecessarily (at least I do), so, it's fine xD

2 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Porsche no longer EA Exclusive

FUCK YES

I SO NEED PORSCHE IN FORZA HORIZON 3 :D

(no more expansions ples)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

4 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I actually quite like it.

Well, I think we all share the same feels when it comes to rich cunts having things handed over unnecessarily (at least I do), so, it's fine xD

FUCK YES

I SO NEED PORSCHE IN FORZA HORIZON 3 :D

(no more expansions ples)

inb4 paid porsche expansion like FM6, or a really pricey porsche car pack like FH2

Folding@Home | BOINC

9 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

inb4 paid porsche expansion like FM6, or a really pricey porsche car pack like FH2

It's gonna happen, no matter what... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

31 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Thing is it has 2k miles on it and every option it's also a v8. So I know that a lot of money was dropped on it for him to get it, and he's not going to be the one paying insurance or paying for gas for it. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

34 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

finally! I hope a game dev brings a 904 into a game :x

1964-porsche-904-carrera--11_600x0w.jpg

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

I'm a meme

Snapchat-1827067611.jpg

This is a car thread, and I am a car noob. Does anyone know what a turbocharger does, and how it works? Dumb it down for me, I don't know much about cars.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

7 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

This is a car thread, and I am a car noob. Does anyone know what a turbocharger does, and how it works? Dumb it down for me, I don't know much about cars.

Makes bigger air for bigger booms means more power

28 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

the exhaust spins a turbine that spins a shaft that spins another turbine on the other side, that turbine sucks in air, compresses it and forces it into your engine to allow more air and thus more fuel into the engine at a higher rate possible atmospheric pressure,creating more power

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

1 minute ago, Midnitewarrior4 said:

the exhaust spins a turbine that spins a shaft that spins another turbine on the other side, that turbine sucks in air, compresses it and forces it into your engine to allow more air and thus more fuel into the engine at a higher rate possible atmospheric pressure,creating more power

not dumb enough.

16 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Makes bigger air for bigger booms means more power

this is more like it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

5 minutes ago, terrytek said:

not dumb enough.

this is more like it.

srry m8.... posted a vid that can explain

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

23 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

here is a diagram to go along with @Midnitewarrior4's explanation 

turbo_diagram.jpg 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

2 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

here is a diagram to go along with @Midnitewarrior4's explanation 

ya posted a video right after, seemed pretty decent and simple, didnt go into lots of detail just the simple waste gas spins and creates booost

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

2 minutes ago, Midnitewarrior4 said:

ya posted a video right after, seemed pretty decent and simple, didnt go into lots of detail just the simple waste gas spins and creates booost

oh lol didnt see it