Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Sadly no :/ 

Tomorrow I gotta change oil and put new belt on, new sub fuse, and I might try to swing getting those stainless brake lines on so I'm pretty much booked

Rip,  even if we can head down straight to you?

22 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

I still see myself picking up a refurbished X360 for all the old titles, but a PS4 if I was to buy a new console.

I just hope the next Forza title on PC (FM7) isn't so borked. The last patch messed with physics related crashing, and made it worse. 

i'd get a ps4 because all of my friends have a ps4, and i'd feel left out if i got an xbox, even though that would mean i would miss out on forza games for sure.

16 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

that actually looks like a genuinely cool car. renault should seriously try to sell in america again.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Pro tip, dont assetto and drink :(

I was drinking coke and racing in assetto corsa, my hand slippes off the wheel and i broke my nose with the coke can....

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i'd get a ps4 because all of my friends have a ps4, and i'd feel left out if i got an xbox, even though that would mean i would miss out on forza games for sure.

that actually looks like a genuinely cool car. renault should seriously try to sell in america again.

No one would buy it cause it's french

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

4 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

Pro tip, dont assetto and drink :(

I was drinking coke and racing in assetto corsa, my hand slippes off the wheel and i broke my nose with the coke can....

o.O

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

ah ah

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

o.O

ah ah

I was steering with my left hand and drinking with my right, in a right hand turn i slippes and punched the bottom of the can. My nose is bleeding like theres No tomorrow and it looks crooked.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

33 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

That thing looks cool. Kinda reminds me of the Chevy Spark I guess... maybe its the rear door handle location lol. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

13 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

but that could look like a nice focus st (or even rs) and honda civic type r competitor. i kinda want that.

and i really want mazda to release a next gen mazdaspeed 3. those cars i loved to hell.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

but that could look like a nice focus st (or even rs) and honda civic type r competitor. i kinda want that.

and i really want mazda to release a next gen mazdaspeed 3. those cars i loved to hell.

If they imported it to the US, it would probably cost a lot more than those, since, as far as I'm aware, Renault doesn't have factory in North America.

8 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

@AlwaysFSX wanna meet at this Best Buy?

Best Buy, Gateway Street, Springfield, OR

We should do a PNW meet sometime. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

We should. Spur of the moment cars and coffee tomorrow?

no, football sunday tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

If they imported it to the US, it would probably cost a lot more than those, since, as far as I'm aware, Renault doesn't have factory in North America.

well, couldn't they share a factory with nissan, since they build in america and they are allied with nissan? and afaik, the civic isn't even made in the us either, it's made in england, ever since the ep2 civic.

6 minutes ago, vetali said:

We should do a PNW meet sometime. 

i would come meet up, but i'm 2 states over. i don't think it's worth the drive, unless you guys ever end up coming to california and pass through the valley.

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

We should. Spur of the moment cars and coffee tomorrow?

see above.

Basically this whole month is kinda out the window because my friend is having eye surgery and I'm gonna help him recover then holiday crap starts after that. 

3 minutes ago, vetali said:

Basically this whole month is kinda out the window because my friend is having eye surgery and I'm gonna help him recover then holiday crap starts after that. 

ooh. rough.  I have a friend who had a four-wheeling accident and broker her jaw and a bunch of teeth, and she's having surgery to get the broken teeth pulled and replaced with implants. This is happening on Monday. the sucky part is the fact that she won't be able to eat solid foods for like 2 months.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Well Oregon is halfway in between WA and Cali. Might plan a West Coast meet at this rate.

i say come to san fran and meet up. great place to meet. or san jose. the car atmosphere there is huge.

Nose update: not broken!

Also: i set a lap time of 59.9 seconds around vallelunga (club) with the wrc corolla in assetto corsa!

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

3 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

ooh. rough.  I have a friend who had a four-wheeling accident and broker her jaw and a bunch of teeth, and she's having surgery to get the broken teeth pulled and replaced with implants. This is happening on Monday. the sucky part is the fact that she won't be able to eat solid foods for like 2 months.

That sucks. My friend is having corrective surgery but hes doing the method that recovers slower. So his vision will be impaired for 3 weeks at least. 

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i say come to san fran and meet up. great place to meet. or san jose. the car atmosphere there is huge.

I'm banned from California. 

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I forgot you were halfway down Cali, not like in the northern third of cali.

yeah, there ain't a lot of people up in the upper third of cali. it's mostly central and southern cali that have most of the people. up north its mostly mountain.

1 minute ago, vetali said:

That sucks. My friend is having corrective surgery but hes doing the method that recovers slower. So his vision will be impaired for 3 weeks at least. 

you must be kidding.

rough...

how come you're banned from California?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

yeah, there ain't a lot of people up in the upper third of cali. it's mostly central and southern cali that have most of the people. up north its mostly mountain.

you must be kidding.

1 minute ago, FuzzyYellow said:

rough...

how come you're banned from California?

too much trash talking their football teams. 

Checked flight prices for fun (Thought i could use a bit of my savings to crash the meet and surprise the americans in this thread)

$1000.. + A 15 hour and 35 minute flight there and 29 hour flight home.. Fuck that. 

Made the mistake of checking rental cars first too.. Would've liked to try out the Caddy CTS

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, vetali said:

this is possibly THE stupidest reason to be banned from california. besides, how would they know if you're banned from california if you just drive into california? there aren't state border checks, so i doubt they'll know.

I thought the story was longer... *cries like a 7yo*